I am a seasoned engineer and technical lead who has a diversity of experience shipping complex technologies from working in different engineering groups at Microsoft including Microsoft Research, Office (Excel), Server&Tools and Display Ads platform, as well as in a high growth startup-like environment at Hyland Software where I led a team of 4 engineers. I like
I am a seasoned engineer and technical lead who has a diversity of experience shipping complex technologies from working in different engineering groups at Microsoft including Microsoft Research, Office (Excel), Server&Tools and Display Ads platform, as well as in a high growth startup-like environment at Hyland Software where I led a team of 4 engineers. I like to work in and help build fun, collaborative and fast-paced environments where engineers are challenged to better themselves technically, emotionally and intellectually. I strongly believe that Software development is a contact sport that requires all members of the team to communicate and engage actively in order to do their best work with the job of the leader to facilitate the same. In order to better myself as an engineer and leader I got my MBA from the University of Washington so as to broaden my perspective and develop a more holistic way of assessing issues that would ultimately help me serve the teams I work on more effectively.
Technical Lead | Senior Software Engineer | Office Data Visualization @ Working on Power Map (3D Maps) for Excel, a 3D Data Visualization tool to visualize Geospatial temporal data in Excel. I was one of the early developers on the product incubation team in Microsoft Research from where I helped it get through 2 public betas, 2 major releases (Office 2013 and 2016) and numerous monthly updates as part of Office 365. I have made significant contributions in terms of coding and design to the product over the past 3 years including to features such as filtering, A/V output, 2D Charts, undo stack, Bing geo web API co-design, polygons, telemetry and various perf/memory improvements. In addition I provide ongoing technical project leadership for feature crews across areas such as Custom Regions, setup and Bing integration and a yet unannounced project. From September 2012 to Present (3 years 2 months) Greater Seattle AreaCo-Founder/CTO @ Company focused on solving the ABC's of K-12 education (Attendance, Behavior and Course Failure) by providing a web-based incident management software tool for educators that allowed them to enter, track and analyze per-student and school-wide trends. As part of the founding team I helped build the business plan, survey educators and pitch the product to investors at UW BPC and entrepreneurship expo. I also built the demo prototype in 3 days using Azure, ASP.NET MVC5, Kendo UI and jQuery. From February 2015 to June 2015 (5 months) Redmond WASoftware Development Engineer II @ * Engineer in the Server&Tools business working on the Microsoft Assessment and Planning toolkit (http://www.microsoft.com/map) - an agentless network inventory tool for assessing IT infrastructure. I wrote code which interfaced with Linux machines, Windows machines, databases, Lync servers etc. and generated performance and upgrade profiles for each. In addition I built the first Azure based service for the team within 30 days and helped contribute with design feedback to the UAL API in Windows (a partner team). I also helped the team heavily in recruiting interview loops and demo's to upper level management.
* Worked in the OSD R&D division on the display advertising platform. Implemented several features in the areas of Pricing, worked on performance improvements for the web service include stored procedures in the DB layer and middle tier. Also led the team to deliver a "OneBox" deployment solution for all the display ad services for both developers and daily regression runs. From August 2010 to September 2012 (2 years 2 months) Development Team Lead @ 1. Lead a 4 member team of software developers responsible for maintaining and enhancing the Core API's for the OnBase ECM sytem. Responsibilities included assigning and scrubbing bugs/feature requests to appropriate resources, working with partner teams and support to get production issues resolved, creating avenues for professional development of team members, interviewing candidates and doing reviews.
2. Lead design and development effort surrounding a full text search integration between OnBase and Autonomy IDOL.
3. Worked extensively with upper level management, including at the C-level, to deliver on critical projects. From July 2009 to July 2010 (1 year 1 month) Software Developer / Assoc. Software Architect @ * Design, develop and maintain the C++/COM and C#/.NET based "CORE" infrastructure for the OnBase enterprise content management system. Especially enhance the data layer CRUD facilities to provide fluent and flexible interfaces for business level objects to interact with.
* Develop automated unit test cases using N-Unit framework for purposes of chicken testing.
* Worked on short-term Rapid Application Development (RAD) - based projects to enhance the accessibility of enterprise content from remote scanners.
* Initiated and delivered a .NET/C# educational/tutorial series for OnBase core developers.
* Part of the Code security task force which focusses on identifying and reducing the security vulnerabilities in the software and promoting secure coding standards. From December 2005 to August 2009 (3 years 9 months) Software Engineer @ From November 2003 to July 2004 (9 months) Intern @ From May 2000 to August 2000 (4 months)
Master of Business Administration (M.B.A.), Technology Management, GPA 3.89 @ University of Washington From 2013 to 2015 Master's Degree, Management Info Systems/Computer Science, GPA 3.81 @ University of IllinoisB.E, Electrical Engineering, First Class @ Delhi College of Engineering From 1997 to 2001 Mothers international school From 1994 to 1997 Puneet B. is skilled in: C#, C++, Web Services, .NET, Server Side Programming, Parallel Computing, Programming, API, Agile Methodologies, Object Oriented Design, Testing, Distributed Systems, Integration, Software Engineering, Software Design, Microsoft SQL Server, Databases, Software Development, Enterprise Software
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension