Project Lead, Lead Software Engineer @ Work with a team of engineers, both as an individual contributor and technical lead, to create layered WPF and Windows Forms .NET application software for the processing and analysis of Mass Spectrometry data in an analytical chemistry environment, including quantitative and targeted screening workflows. Data analysis is highly sophisticated and spans
Project Lead, Lead Software Engineer @ Work with a team of engineers, both as an individual contributor and technical lead, to create layered WPF and Windows Forms .NET application software for the processing and analysis of Mass Spectrometry data in an analytical chemistry environment, including quantitative and targeted screening workflows. Data analysis is highly sophisticated and spans across multiple disciplines and vertical markets, including but not limited to Food Safety, Clinical Research, Toxicology, Metabalomics, etc.
Involved in the planning, design, and/or implementation of nearly all complex features in our applications, working closely with other members of the architecture group and product owner to achieve quality solutions.
As project lead, I work with individual contributors to encourage mature software practices such as design patterns, as well as participating in design reviews, code reviews, and peer programming on a day to day basis to provide support for the team.
Participated as the project lead on medical device software, which is regulated by the FDA and requires special documentation, risk assessment, and code compliance rigor.
An active participant of the cross-site architecture forum, and also serve as the UI specialist for the Austin software group, and currently a proponent of the MVVM pattern.
Received 3 major invididual awards for efforts beyond the call of duty From February 2008 to Present (7 years 11 months) Independent Web Developer @ From June 2004 to Present (11 years 7 months) Software Engineer @ Primary responsibility centered around development of a product integration tool to allow medical software suite to communicate with other vendor’s software. Software written in C# using Windows Forms with an extensive SQL Server database.
Considerable SQL development, including T-SQL, stored procedures, and data modeling.
Received an award for delivering better than expected results at the IHE.net Connectathon, where the software I was working on was tested against other industry peers From June 2007 to February 2008 (9 months) Software Engineer @ Middle-tier application development, including ADAM Directory Services component.
· Member of the application UI/UX development team, using C# Windows Forms, supplemented by Infragistics NetAdvantage suite.
· Product integration of Enterprise Security Manager (ESM) and Compliance Control Suite (CCS), functioning as one of the key liaisons between the two technologies.
· Traveled alone to the Pune, India office for one month to assist with development and quality assurance training and knowledge transfer.
Participated in maintenance and new development for various ESM modules. Modules are written in C++ and are cross-platform, compiling on Windows, UNIX, and Linux.
· Solely responsible for ESM Policy development. This work includes becoming familiar with specific industry regulatory policies, and creating ESM Policies that will ensure compliance with said requirements.
· Responsible for vulnerability assessment releases for Symantec Vulnerability Assessment (SVA), NetRecon, and the ESM Network Assessment module (NA). Responsibilities included generating signatures to detect vulnerabilities and patches, including those reported by the SecurityFocus DeepSight database. SVA performs local scans; NA and NetRecon are network based.
· Designed and implemented automated process to generate ESM rich content, and redesigned build processes for SVA. Both processes were implemented in a Java framework utilizing a new XML-based web services feed. Received a major award for these efforts.
· Implemented multiple bug fixes and enhancements to the core Java-based SVA product.
· Designed and implemented web crawling software in Java to automate AIX patch collection for the Enterprise Security Manager OS Patch module.
· Improved on the existing OS Patch Module design to account for AIX maintenance level information, eliminating a number of false positives and improving overall performance. From February 2004 to June 2007 (3 years 5 months)
Bachelor of Science (BS), Computer Science @ Brigham Young University From 2000 to 2004 Sam Rayburn From 1993 to 1996 Nathan Hayden is skilled in: Software Development, Agile Methodologies, C#, XML, Databases, Software Engineering, Scrum, Software Design, SQL, Visual Studio, Java, .NET, C++, MySQL, Microsoft SQL Server, Unix
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension