Senior Software Engineer, Analytics Infrastructure @ From September 2013 to Present (2 years 2 months) San Francisco Bay AreaPrincipal Software Engineer for Content Platforms @ From April 2012 to August 2013 (1 year 5 months) San Francisco Bay AreaSenior Software Engineer for Geo technologies @ Contributor to the current Geo stack which provides
Senior Software Engineer, Analytics Infrastructure @ From September 2013 to Present (2 years 2 months) San Francisco Bay AreaPrincipal Software Engineer for Content Platforms @ From April 2012 to August 2013 (1 year 5 months) San Francisco Bay AreaSenior Software Engineer for Geo technologies @ Contributor to the current Geo stack which provides Yahoo! geodata, geotagging and geoparsing services across Yahoo! and outside through Yahoo! Developer Network.
* Migrate the Continuous Platform to Hudson/Jenkins, providing end-to-end build and tests (from commit to automated regression tests).
* Performance optimization of the Java API using profiling tools, and redesign of the JNI layer.
Design and development of the next-generation Geo platform to address company future needs, and increase the number of places and locales per places, and also general quality of the geotagging/geoparsing services:
* Preparatory work to introduce machine learning. Using a two step system entity extraction/disambiguation based respectively on a HMM/CRF model, and on a Gradient boosting decision tree.
Along with development work, acted as Scrum Master and Agile evangelist, promoting at the same time the use of development best practices (continuous integration, TDD, code review, peer programming). From April 2011 to April 2012 (1 year 1 month) San Francisco Bay AreaSenior Software Engineer for Content systems @ * Developing content extraction framework based on Java technologies
* Focus on performance and scalability, from sample documents to webcorpus using hadoop framework From June 2010 to April 2011 (11 months) Web search Senior Software Engineer @ * Scrummaster and technical leader on several websearch backend projects
* developing search backend modules to improve search relevancy
* Providing expertise on code optimization and profiling (mainly C/C++)
* Helped to put in place various development "good practices" like continuous integration, automated build and test-driven development From August 2008 to June 2010 (1 year 11 months) Software Engineer for Yahoo! Search Europe @ * Part of Yahoo! Europe Search Innovation Team, whose goal was to improve websearch user experience
* Participated on the KBS (Knowledge Based Search system) : knowledge extraction system based on relationships between search keywords
* Designed distributed and memory-based graph storage system
* Acting as scrummaster for the team From January 2006 to August 2008 (2 years 8 months) Software Engineer @ * integrated a semi-automated extraction tool based on machine learning, to retrieve offers' main attributes
* developed a distributed storage solution based on MySQL to store and allow efficient daily processing of millions of offers
* participated into the public web site maintenance From December 2003 to December 2007 (4 years 1 month) Software Engineer @ Kelkoo is now a Yahoo! subsidiary (see Kelkoo position) From March 2004 to January 2006 (1 year 11 months)
Bachelor, Computer Science @ Université de Montréal - Ecole polytechnique de Montréal From 2002 to 2003 Master's degree, Computer Science @ Ecole Nationale Supérieure d'Informatique et de Mathématiques Appliquées de Grenoble From 2000 to 2003 Laurent Goujon is skilled in: TDD, Scrum, Scalability, Software Development, Hadoop, Agile, Java, C++, Agile Methodologies, Agile Project Management, HBase, Test Driven Development, Subversion, Distributed Systems, AJAX, Software Engineering, Hudson, XML, MySQL, Maven, Linux, Tomcat, Apache, Hibernate, Web Services, Unix, Bash, REST, Design Patterns, Web Applications, CVS, NoSQL, MapReduce, JUnit, Shell Scripting, Machine Learning, BDD, Git, Open Source, Java Enterprise Edition, Continuous Integration, Eclipse, Big Data, Jenkins
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension