Senior Product Portfolio Innovator @ Pampered Chef
Rust-Oleum Corporation @
Bosch USA @
Bachelor's degree @
University of Pennsylvania
Passionate and hardworking CPG Brand Manager with 12 years experience in in brand and product management, execution of project management, new product development, integrated marketing plans, market research, and management of website/e-commerce. A leader that possesses strong skills at managing non-hierarchical, cross-functional teams and multiple projects, marketing and selling products across multiple channels, and a creative thinker
Passionate and hardworking CPG Brand Manager with 12 years experience in in brand and product management, execution of project management, new product development, integrated marketing plans, market research, and management of website/e-commerce. A leader that possesses strong skills at managing non-hierarchical, cross-functional teams and multiple projects, marketing and selling products across multiple channels, and a creative thinker with strong analytical skills.
Specialties: Brand and Product Management, Integrated Marketing and Project Management (Advanced Product Quality Planning; APQP)
Brand Manager @ Strategic CPG Brand Manager with over 8 years of brand management experience and over 12 years of marketing experience. Developed brand and marketing strategy and managed new product development in the Restore Platform totaling over $90 million in sales annually.
Cross functional leader of a large launch to greatly expand the Restore product portfolio. Launched 12 new ground breaking exterior woodcare products for national distribution at Home Depot, Lowes, True Value, Ace Hardware, Orgill, Do-it-Best and more.
* Received Marketing Impact Award and Team of the Year award for the 2015 Restore Launch
* Manage cross-functional team to help meet the aggressive launch dates and forecasts for the 2015 launch. The team has successfully launched on time and hit all important ship dates.
* Responsible for developing a 3 year innovative product roadmap and the Restore marketing strategy including rebuilding brand equity of the Restore Brand.
* Created a marketing plan and worked with Integrated Marketing and Communications team on commercials, digital content, PR campaign, social media, and crisis management.
* Worked with the Trade team to develop brochures, trade catalog, POP, and sales kits. Wrote copy and provided content.
* Worked with agency to develop market research survey to better understand our target consumers and how to market to them.
* Worked with agency to develop new packaging designs. Wrote instructions for all labels.
* Developed competitive analysis
* Wrote scripts and assisted with developing how to videos
* Wrote website content including copy, features and benefits, tips and techniques, and FAQs
* Worked with R&D on new product innovation. Provided them new innovation ideas and critical targets, features and benefits that meet customers needs.
* Assist with pricing, margin analysis, assist with cost savings
Assisting with the integration of the Restore brand (an acquisition) into Rust-Oleum. From September 2013 to Present (2 years 4 months) Product Manager Energy Systems (Lighting and Battery Chargers) @ • Responsible for managing all products and marketing aspects for the headlamp, universal lamp, and battery charger lines for the NAFTA region. Responsible for P&Ls of each line.
• Managed and mentored three graduate student interns from Germany helping with the replacement bulb launch
• Team lead for launching a full line replacement bulbs program for the US and Canada markets. 10 differentiating line extensions with over 98% vehicle coverage for both the retail and traditional distribution channels. (Developed project charter, comprehensive project plan, determined product mix, conducted competitive research, determined competitive and profitable pricing, determined target costs by preparing and analyzing detailed P&L scenarios, steered the team from an unsuccessful global RFQ to a successful local RFQ to find a supplier, working with Communications team to develop an integrated marketing communications strategy for the launch).
• Creative lead for developing innovative retail packaging for both the bulbs line and the charger line. Worked with the local Communications department to successfully get approval for the colorful designs from the Packaging and Brand teams in Germany. The designs became the new global standard for their respective product lines.
• Worked with counterparts in Germany to develop a new battery charger that will be more successful in the North American market. Researched market and presented findings to determine important features, specifications, pricing and target cost
• Worked on turning around an unprofitable headlamp line by making changes to product portfolio (adding and canceling parts) and re-pricing the line.
• Worked with Digital Team to develop web pages for the battery charger line.
• Assisted with the creative direction of merchandising and POP for AGM battery launch for test stores at Pep Boys
• Presented battery charger line to buyers at AutoZone, Walmart, Pep Boys, and Advance Auto Parts. From November 2011 to September 2013 (1 year 11 months) Broadview ILProduct Manager Comfort Electric @ • Managed products and marketing aspects for the the comfort electric (DC motors for Thermal Systems, Actuation Systems, and Wiping Systems as well as relays, switches), ignition components and spark plug wire set lines.
• Primary product manager working with the Industrial Business team and generating new business for small motors. Researched potential markets for opportunities for sales of automotive motors in other industries.
• Turned around unprofitable comfort electric line to be profitable.
• First person responsible for this line to develop relations with the Electrical Drives group in Plymouth, MI that designs the motors for the OEMs
• Added additional SKUs to the ignition product line. From May 2011 to November 2011 (7 months) Product Manager @ Unity Manufacturing is the world’s largest manufacturer of post-mount spotlights and a major O.E. (Original Equipment) and aftermarket supplier (distributors, upfitters, and retail) of both auxiliary and emergency lighting products. Unity Manufacturing is TS 16949, ISO 14001, and Q1.
• Manage cross-functional project teams in support of new product development and product re-designs following Advanced Product Quality Planning (APQP). Completed many projects that led to cost savings for the company and quality improvements to products both effectively and timely.
• Working directly with teams at Ford, Chrysler, and GM, on spotlight redesign projects to fit post-mount spotlights to their new model police vehicles under development. Business with Ford, GM, and Chrysler make up about one-third of Unity’s revenue.
• Work directly with national accounts on their sales collateral to market our products to customers more effectively to increase sales for both companies.
• Develop new sales collateral and marketing programs for all brands and product lines across multiple channels; OEM, Upfitters, Distributors, & Retail.
• Attend Market Trade Shows. From September 2007 to April 2011 (3 years 8 months) Integrated Marketing and Communications Intern for Hispanic Marketing, MBA intern @ • Assisted with the integrated marketing plans for the sponsorship program of the Mexican National Soccer Team and the activation of the sponsorship for the Latin Grammy’s. Coordinated and selected promotional items.
• Collected research and statistics to help initiate the Lesbian Gay Bisexual Transgender (LGBT) program.
• Analyzed and tracked competitive advertising targeted at the Hispanic market. From June 2007 to August 2007 (3 months) Associate Product Manager @ • Developed an integrated marketing campaign for EYE BEAM™ with ad agency consisting of print, dvd, and website. Developed media scheduling and selection.
• Conducted and analyzed market research in support of engineering designing EYE BEAM™.
• Engaged in direct marketing through the promotion and demonstration of EYE BEAM™ and complete line of products at trade shows.
• Established external sales program for Outside Sales Representatives to demonstrate EYE BEAM™ to the 1,000 largest police departments in the country. Created and maintained monthly newsletters to communicate the progress of the project to Outside Sales Representatives.
• Authored content and designed training manuals containing marketing and advertising information, product specifications, and pricing for Outside Sales Representatives. From May 2003 to June 2007 (4 years 2 months)
MBA, Marketing Management and Finance @ DePaul University - Charles H. Kellstadt Graduate School of Business From 2006 to 2008 BA, Biological Basis of Behavior (Pre-Med) @ University of Pennsylvania From 1999 to 2003 High school @ William Fremd High School From 1995 to 1999 Laura MBA is skilled in: Product Management, Product Development, Project Management, Product Marketing, APQP, Market Research, Competitive Analysis, Integrated Marketing, Retail Packaging, Packaging Artwork, Marketing Communications, International Team Coordination, POP, Advertising, Competitive Landscape Analysis
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension