Assistant Manager for Recruiting @ US Census Bureau
Office Partnership Assistant @ US Census Bureau
B.S., General Business @
The College of New Jersey
Passionate and energetic Staffing Manager with solid track record in recruiting, screening, coaching, and managing staff. Proven ability to identify and create strong matches by thoroughly identifying and understanding the unique needs of each candidate and client. Specialize in matching highly qualified candidates to top-notch clients in office positions including all levels of management, administrative, and general
Passionate and energetic Staffing Manager with solid track record in recruiting, screening, coaching, and managing staff. Proven ability to identify and create strong matches by thoroughly identifying and understanding the unique needs of each candidate and client. Specialize in matching highly qualified candidates to top-notch clients in office positions including all levels of management, administrative, and general office support.
Staffing Manager @ • Match highly qualified candidates to top notch companies by building strong relationships with both and thoroughly identifying the unique needs of each client and candidate.
• Attract and identify top talent seeking employment opportunities by networking, writing and posting job descriptions, utilizing social media, and referrals.
• Pre-screen candidates by reviewing resumes, conducting phone screens, and scheduling interviews with qualified candidates.
• Evaluate candidates’ skills and background by conducting thorough face to face interviews, asking detailed questions, and understanding their specific goals.
• Conduct in-depth screening before placing candidates by performing reference checks, administering assessments, and initiating background checks and drug screenings when requested.
• Coach candidates by reviewing and editing resumes, preparing for interviews, and offering valuable resources and tips throughout their job search.
• Provide strong customer service to both clients and candidates by facilitating interview scheduling, briefing and debriefing during the interview process, frequent follow-ups throughout assignments, liaising between the client and candidate, and being readily available to assist in any needs. From March 2011 to Present (4 years 10 months) Greater San Diego AreaAssistant Manager for Recruiting @ • Managed a team of 45 employees (32 field recruiters, 12 office clerks, and 1 Office Operations Supervisor) with almost no turnover by careful selection, successful on-boarding, effective training and strong motivation.
• Recruited 10,000 candidates in less than five months by developing, implementing and evaluating strategies and goals and possessing a sense of urgency.
• Supervised and coordinated all candidate employment testing sessions and activities in the office and field by utilizing technological tools and scheduling skills.
• Developed and nurtured strong relationships throughout the local community to ensure cooperation for all Census operations by networking, providing superb customer service and building rapport.
• Met all goals and deadlines by monitoring multiple databases, spreadsheets and reports on a daily basis.
• Led department to regional acclaim ranking among the top offices nationwide by exceeding deadlines and staying under budget through the use of cost-effective sourcing strategies such as employee referrals, job boards, and attending local events. From 2009 to 2010 (1 year) Office Partnership Assistant @ • Served as primary liaison between office staff and field staff by using outstanding communication skills and performing daily office activities in support of all employees.
• Ensured timely and accurate pay for 30 employees by reviewing and processing all field employee payrolls while paying close attention to detail. From 2009 to 2009 (less than a year) Office Operations Supervisor for Recruiting @ • Acted as primary support to Assistant Manager for Recruiting in all areas by using strong prioritization, multi-tasking, and time management skills.
• Trained and supervised all Office Recruiting Clerks working in an extremely active call center (thousands of calls daily) and ensured a high level of productivity by matching employees to their strengths, instilling a strong sense of teamwork, and providing motivation.
• Supported a team of field Recruiting Assistants by maintaining an extremely busy and geographically dispersed schedule using Microsoft Excel.
• Followed all employment laws and practices by maintaining a high level of confidentiality and properly documenting all calls and activities. From 2008 to 2009 (1 year) Office Recruiting Clerk @ • Responded promptly to telephone inquiries from callers regarding employment and general questions and complaints by use of proper phone etiquette and quick problem-solving skills.
• Scheduled multiple candidates for employment exams throughout the county by communicating effectively and accurately in a fast-paced environment.
• Conducted quality control review and maintained candidate files by complying with governmental policy, recruiting processes and regulatory requirements. From 2008 to 2008 (less than a year) Assistant Director @ • Recruited teaching staff by use of networking in the local community and internet job postings.
• Selected and hired all teaching staff by following company policy, behavior-based interviewing, initiating background checks and maintaining new employee files.
• Trained and managed teachers by providing hands on training, continuous coaching, and evaluations.
• Built client base by performing all customer service and marketing, establishing and maintaining effective relationships, and always following through with interim and end goals.
• Performed all administrative duties related to center operations by managing all client payments, maintaining employee payroll, and preparing initial and monthly conferences. From 2006 to 2008 (2 years) EFL Teacher/Program Coordinator @ • Taught English to a variety of levels by using strong TEFL skills.
• Coordinated teaching program and prepare lesson plans for all teachers by being creative and innovative.
• Acted as lead teacher by assisting in recruiting and initial training of new staff, running weekly meetings, and continuous coaching. From 2002 to 2004 (2 years)
Professional Certification, Spanish to English Translation @ New York University, School of Continuing and Professional Studies From 2005 to 2008 B.S., General Business @ The College of New Jersey From 1998 to 2002 Kristen Swartz is skilled in: Access, Recruiting, Screening Resumes, Training Delivery, Interview Preparation, Permanent Placement, Vendor Management, Staff Retention, Contract Recruitment, Customer Service, Hiring, Internet Recruiting, Interviews, Job Descriptions, Leadership
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension