Biotechology/Manufacturing/Engineering/ and Supply Chain professional with over 10 years experience in Facilities /Operations/Maintenance and Project Management with companies in the pharmaceutical, biotechnology, chemical, and consumer products industries. I have expert skills in both team building and collaborative leadership with a unique ability to synthesize ideas across a wide spectrum of perspectives and develop a concise shared vision
Biotechology/Manufacturing/Engineering/ and Supply Chain professional with over 10 years experience in Facilities /Operations/Maintenance and Project Management with companies in the pharmaceutical, biotechnology, chemical, and consumer products industries. I have expert skills in both team building and collaborative leadership with a unique ability to synthesize ideas across a wide spectrum of perspectives and develop a concise shared vision to drive organizational change and improvements in complex business processes. Both a detail-oriented planner and a strategic minded leader, I absorb new information quickly and efficiently transfer this knowledge to launch new ideas and innovative solutions for the business. I have the ability to lead networks of people outside of my direct power domain and build effective relationships which empower them to reach their peak performance and drive bottom-line cost saving results for the organization.
Process Management • Team Facilitation • Entrepreneurial • Driving for results • Self Starter • Strong Organization Skills • Strong Communication Skills
Specialties:• Understanding of Pharmaceutical FDA and EMEA cGMP requirements
• Certified (RCM2) Reliability Centered Maintenance Facilitator
• Advanced skills in MS Project/Visio/Excel/Powerpoint
• Kaizen Facilitator Training
• Lean Fundamentals Training
• Technology Transfer (NPI)
• Development and implementation of project communication and operating plans
• Contract/contractor management
• Cross functional team building/management
Pahara-Aspen Institute Fellow @ The Pahara-Aspen Education Fellowship is a two-year, cohort-based program that identifies innovative leaders in the educational excellence and equity movement, facilitates their dynamic growth, and strengthens their collective efforts to dramatically improve public schools for low-income children and communities. The Fellowship provides these leaders with the unusual opportunity to step back from their demanding daily work to reflect with peers on their collective and individual impact as leaders and change agents. Fellows challenge each other to think beyond traditional silos and sector boundaries to develop strategies that enhance their effectiveness as leaders, address leadership challenges in public education, and accelerate the improvements needed to provide high quality learning opportunities for all of our nation’s children. From July 2015 to Present (4 months) Founder and Executive Director @ Black Girls CODE is a top technology education nonprofit focusing on teaching girls ages 6-17 from underrepresented communities skills in computer programming and technology. From February 2011 to Present (4 years 9 months) San Francisco Bay AreaTechnical Project Manager (Consultant) @ From October 2012 to February 2013 (5 months) Foster City, CATechnical Project Manager (Consultant) @ • IT Project Manager supporting implementation of a Regulatory Tracking System for the Diagnostics Regulatory Affairs group on the Emeryville site. Responsible for managing all elements of project lifecycle including scope/initiation, bid reviews, contract negotiation and management, development/coding/testing, build review, turnover and phase closure. Validation Lead responsibilities including plan development and execution of associated performance and acceptance testing requirements. From January 2011 to April 2012 (1 year 4 months) External Affairs Volunteer @ From October 2010 to January 2011 (4 months) Sr. Project Manager @ • Project manager for major Technology Transfer projects (Rituxan SC, Xolair Liquid) within the Vacaville CCP1 Manufacturing Facility leading a cross-functional team of individuals from Quality, Automation, Process Engineering, Validation, Manufacturing, and Technical Operations in the launch of major bioproducts between manufacturing sites.
• Project manager on capital infrastructure projects up to $800k in total cost and scope to support technology and equipment upgrades and continuous improvement work.
• Facilitated the implementation of scheduling/load leveling tool to manage project related change requests which supported OE project to reduce the change control cycle time. Member of core team which received a Vacaville Process Improvement Award for Change Record Forecast and Prioritization Service Level Excellence.
Senior IT Project Manager , Corporate Information Technology 1/2008- 10/2008
• Project manager for major IT projects within the Corporate Engineering Department to $3.5M in total cost and scope.
• Responsible for guiding a variety of IT implementations through the various cycles of project execution including scope development, financial analysis, tracking, and forecasting.
Manager Data Systems, 3/2006-1/2008
• Operations manager for a data systems support team consisting of cross-functional teams of programmers, data analysts, and computer support personnel. Hired and directed external consultants and contractors. Facilitated business process improvement efforts and managed a platform of computer applications within the facilities organization such as the CMMS (EMPAC/SAP-PM), Facility Alarm (FMS), and Calibration Systems (CalMan).
• Created and maintained documentation for Maintenance Systems IT processes and procedures. Supported Class A Maintenance programs and other key initiatives relative to Maintenance and Operational Excellence. From March 2006 to September 2010 (4 years 7 months) Member- Development Committee @ From 2007 to 2009 (2 years) Associate Director @ • Managed site wide maintenance 2nd shift operations for 3.6 million sq ft. research/pilot plant/manufacturing facility.
• Developed planning/scheduling guidelines for coordination of preventative and predicative maintenance tasks for site capital assets. Project manager for organizational realignment/restructuring initiative.
• Developed staffing models and provided decision support in setting direction for FME organization.
• Developed analysis to assist department management relative to staffing, customer support, and other operating issues. From March 2004 to March 2006 (2 years 1 month) Groton, CTDepartment Head @ • Facilities Manager for site wide maintenance improvement activities, identifying business process improvement opportunities.
• Facilities Manager of 70-employee maintenance service workgroup, managing $6M operating budget.
• Developed resource planning and allocation tools to manage activities of 350 salaried and hourly M&I mechanical workforce across six departments. From September 1998 to November 2003 (5 years 3 months) Maintenance Group Supervisor @ • Maintenance Supervisor for 95 mechanical and electrical craftspeople including 15 salaried supervisors with annual budget in excess of $5 million.
• Developed and managed labor forecasting model for 24/7 operation.
• Developed and implemented plant safety and process improvement training programs. From June 1995 to September 1998 (3 years 4 months) Plant Supervisor/Maintenance Manager @ • Managed plant environmental activities, serving as liaison with regulatory agencies, and performing plant inspections. From December 1990 to June 1995 (4 years 7 months) Sales Engineer @ From 1989 to 1990 (1 year)
B.E., Electrical Engineering Major/Math, CS Minor @ Vanderbilt University From 1985 to 1989 Memphis Central High School Kimberly Bryant is skilled in: Cross-functional Team..., Biotechnology, FDA, Technology Transfer, Pharmaceuticals, Program Management, Life Sciences, Process Improvement, Budget Management, Healthcare, Business Process..., Product Launch, Validation, Medical Devices, Strategy Development, Strategy, Pharmaceutical Industry, Project Management, Agile Project Management, Non-profit..., Non-profit Leadership, Entrepreneurship, Lifesciences, Start-ups, Social Entrepreneurship, Technology, Team Building, Software Documentation, Product Development, Process Engineering, Manufacturing, Management, Leadership, Change Management, GMP, Training, Budgets, Business Process, Project Planning, Analysis, Continuous Improvement, Contract Negotiation, Public Speaking, Strategic Planning, Consulting