Contract Recruiter/On Site Supervisor @ Debbie's Staffing Services, Inc
Master of Business Administration (MBA), HR Management @
If you walk into any company and survey employees on how they feel about HR, I am willing to bet most associate HR with negativity. HR is seen as the gatekeepers of fun and work should not be fun! I am an HR professional on a mission to reinvent how HR is viewed not only to senior
If you walk into any company and survey employees on how they feel about HR, I am willing to bet most associate HR with negativity. HR is seen as the gatekeepers of fun and work should not be fun! I am an HR professional on a mission to reinvent how HR is viewed not only to senior execs but to every single employee. My passion lies in leveraging the needs of the company with the needs of the individual to create a harmonious and long-lasting relationship. I enjoy the challenge of making a business successful! And a business cannot be successful without people!
My HR Toolkit Includes:
Strong verbal and written communication skills.
Superb leadership and supervisory skills.
Outstanding coordination, interpersonal and presentation skills.
Exceptional customer service, organizational, and teamwork skills.
Detail oriented, flexible, able to meet deadlines.
Strong knowledge of human resources policies, programs, and theories.
Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Office Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
Extensive experience in Recruiting and Retention
HRIS systems such as: ADP, Paychex, Kronos, PeopleSoft equivalent, etc.
Human Resources Manager @ From March 2015 to Present (10 months) HR & Compliance Generalist @ • Serve as agency Compliance Officer for agency’s DBE, EEO, Drug and Alcohol, and Title VI programs.
• Advise and coach senior management on organizational developments and policy implementations
• Co-developed the agency’s first HR department
• Generate and administer payroll with acute accuracy
• Research and administer company benefits
• Maintain all personnel records
• Formulate company policies to ensure federal, state, and local compliance
• Rewrote Employee Manual, including revising outdated policies to ensure compliance and adding new policies to improve morale
• Design and administer appropriate employee training and development programs to build a positive company culture
• Piloted and implemented the agency’s first wage and salary structure and updated the employee performance evaluations
• Create, administer, and negotiate vendor contracts
• Attained 100% win rate in unemployment claims From February 2013 to March 2015 (2 years 2 months) Contract Recruiter/On Site Supervisor @ • Served as liaison between Debbie’s Staffing corporate management team, Debbie’s Staffing temporary workers, and Debbie’s Staffing Clients
• Managed up to 200 plant/manufacturing employees onsite
• Addressed and resolved all employee relations issues onsite and in office
• Improved employee turnover through restructuring of employee training programs
• Maintained employee records including attendance and payroll
• Responsible for recruitment and selection process for light industrial temporary workers
• Conducted multiple prescreens and interviews a day
• Maintained accurate I-9s and tax forms, as well as, performed background screenings and drug tests
• Utilized Staff Suites, Microsoft Operating System and GoogleDocs on daily basis to maintain employee and client relations From August 2011 to October 2012 (1 year 3 months) Human Resources Business Professional @ • Developed a competency-based interview process to ensure selection of highly-qualified nurses and nurse assistants
• Coached and advised senior management on evolving policies, procedures, and HR related matters
• Created new documents and forms for office and field use
• Pre-screened all potential field employees (interview, reference checks and background checks)
• Conducted all new field employee orientation (review company policies, procedures and Federal OSHA and HIPAA guidelines)
• Developed and implemented new marketing strategies that increased patient roster
• Initiated new policies and procedures that reduced employee turnover by 30%
• Initiated public outreach program to educate potential patients on available services
• Developed team building activities for field staff
• Responsible for company benefits program From February 2008 to May 2011 (3 years 4 months) Site Supervisor @ • Responsible for identifying and meeting student needs, providing interactive guidance and leadership to children and staff
• Coordinated, assisted, and supervised staff in leading age-appropriate activities to include, but not limited to character development, personal fitness, arts & crafts, swimming, devotions, singing, sports, and games
• Assisted with monthly statistical reports, shopped for site supplies, and scheduled site activities
• Supervised and counseled on-site staff
• Aligned site afterschool program structure to fulfill the YMCA’s mission and objectives From June 2005 to February 2008 (2 years 9 months) Manager @ Interviewed and trained new crew members
Directly supervised 2-12 employees each shift
Delegated daily duties to crew members
Interviewed prospective crew members
Maintained daily banking log and employee schedules
Diffused any customer or employee problems quickly and efficiently. From June 2006 to April 2007 (11 months)
Master of Science (M.S.), Industrial and Organizational Psychology @ Capella UniversityMaster of Business Administration (MBA), HR Management @ Liberty University From 2012 to 2013 B.S., Community and Justice Studies @ Guilford College From 2009 to 2011 Bachelor of Arts (B.A.), Psychology @ NC Central University From 2003 to 2005 Kelli Woodruff Stowe, PHR is skilled in: Human Resources, Recruiting, Employee Relations, New Hire Orientations, HRIS, Payroll, Benefits Administration, Temporary Placement, Customer Service, HR Policies, Training, Background Checks, Team Building, FMLA, Temporary Staffing
Looking for a different
Kelli Woodruff Stowe, PHR?
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension