Certificate, Lean Enterprise Process @
Central Connecticut State University
Senior level Business Analyst with experience in Project Management, Business Analysis, Systems Analysis and Internal/External consulting. Industry experience includes Insurance, Healthcare, Banking and Manufacturing. Key ability to bridge the gap between business and data processing areas. Track record of creating complex strategic systems which provides management with critical decision making data. Proven experience facilitating information gathering sessions,
Senior level Business Analyst with experience in Project Management, Business Analysis, Systems Analysis and Internal/External consulting. Industry experience includes Insurance, Healthcare, Banking and Manufacturing. Key ability to bridge the gap between business and data processing areas. Track record of creating complex strategic systems which provides management with critical decision making data. Proven experience facilitating information gathering sessions, defining process flows, writing detail specifications and effectively communicating with stakeholders. Self-motivated, highly adaptable, personable and creative with excellent team building and problem solving skills.
• Responsible for projected $5.4 million a year savings in medical payments. Initiated analysis and design of Medical database and processes tracking more than $180,000,000 of yearly spending.
• Designed and implemented processes leading to 200% reduction of existing commission payment errors, related to over $1 billion in yearly premiums. Turnaround times for error handling were cut by 50%. New methods to determine error trending patterns reduced new error rates by 60%.
• Solely conceptualized, developed and implemented strategic system which became cornerstone system at bank. Tracked $22 billion of corporate assets. Used by senior management for portfolio trending, product analysis, forecasting, marketing, merger analysis and day to day operations.
• Junior Project Manager responsible for all Year 2000 systems work within the State of Connecticut for Fleet Bank. Project encompassed 45 major systems, over 200 staff and recognized by senior mgmt for excellence.
• Generated business analysis, process flow mapping and creation of standards for company’s new product. Successfully designed manual work flows, later coordinated transition to automated processes.
Specialties: Business Analysis, Project leadership, Systems Analysis and creative problem solving.
Business Project Senior Specialist @ • Successfully performed multiple roles in support of crucial new major corporate initiative. To determine who Cigna should market to for individual healthcare products. Including segmentation analysis and strategies for reaching new potential customer segments. Also helped in the designing of tracking capabilities for customer responses to Marketing campaigns.
• Currently performing lead web site testing role using ALM (Application Lifecycle Management) software. From April 2010 to Present (5 years 7 months) Student @ Classes taken:
Six Sigma Black Belt Certification, Project Management, Lean Enterprise Tool Workshop and Next Level Leadership in the 21st Century. From August 2009 to November 2009 (4 months) Senior Business Intelligence Analyst @ Supported Director level management for multiple business lines. Business analysis and report creation.
• Spearheaded designed and implementation of large scale Medical Billing database. Application provided significantly improved Fraud analysis, medical billing trend analysis and senior management reporting. Significant savings of at least $5.4 million projected due to enhanced fraud reporting capabilities and increased understanding of medical payments and patterns.
• Successfully completed multiple projects, including: State Regulatory reporting, Office Evaluations, Staffing Models, Quality Mgmt reviews, Nurse work loads, Medical payment tracking and conversions (vendor\merger), Data Warehouse Data Profiling, Production efficiencies and Conversion data testing. From January 2006 to July 2009 (3 years 7 months) Senior Business Analyst (Consultant) @ Responsible for documenting and streamlining current corporate systems and processes.
• Interviewed subject matter experts throughout the company to document existing systems at a high level.
Further analysis resulted in more detailed systems mapping of data flows through out corporate systems.
• Helped build data inventory that identified and reduced data redundancy, streamlined future systems development, while significantly improving employee’s knowledge of existing internal systems and data.
• Contributed to team working to design and create corporate Web documentation application. From 2005 to 2006 (1 year) Project Coordinator /Business Analyst (Consultant) @ Charged with task of business analysis and implementation of work flow for new product offering.
• Analyzed and created work procedure documents for new company product. Created standards for work flow and coordination of all inter-departmental work. Designed manual work flows and then coordinated the transition to automated processes. From 2005 to 2005 (less than a year) Senior Business Analyst @ Responsible for reduction of Commissions backlog, inter-department interaction and education.
• Became chief liaison with data processing area. Coordinated majority of ongoing break-fix and critical enhancements to Commissions system. Also coordinated and participated in enhancements testing.
• Took initiative to design and implement metrics reporting for Suspense and License Hold processes. Created reporting process to determine historical trends while tracking ongoing work and trends. From 2003 to 2004 (1 year) Project Leader / Business Analyst (Consultant) @ Member of a consulting team hired to create a Project Management Office and analyze corporate needs for NASDAQ Corporation.
• Accumulated and prepared weekly Critical Projects data for corporate CIO. Received positive feedback on quality and accuracy.
• Made key contributions to work on analysis and creation of high level corporate “Road Map” project plans which improved ability to track and identify potential issues on critical projects.
• Performed weekly Gap analysis for Technology Capacity and Reliability projects, providing key information for gauging future business capacity needs.
• Supervised successful rollout and migration of the enhanced Risk and Issue Tracking system. From 2001 to 2002 (1 year) Year 2000 Coordinator / Project Manager @ Responsible for all Year 2000 systems work within the state of Connecticut.
• Part of two member team which successfully implemented Year 2000 enhancements to 45 major systems, utilizing over 200 staff. Project encompassed mainframe, mid-range and client server systems.
• Made major contribution to corporate wide Year 2000 effort that designed policies, compliancy procedures, status reporting, management reporting and internal communications.
• As member of special Corporate Customer Testing Committee given responsibilities to help design and implement corporate external customer testing policies. In addition to tracking and reporting on results. From 1997 to 2001 (4 years) Systems Officer @ Management Information Systems Officer in charge of meeting senior management informational needs and systems development. From 1985 to 1997 (12 years)
Certified, Six Sigma Black Belt @ Central Connecticut State University From 2009 to 2009 Certificate, Lean Enterprise Process @ Central Connecticut State University From 2009 to 2009 Certificate, Project Management @ Central Connecticut State University From 2009 to 2009 Certificate, Next Level Leadership in the 21st Century @ Central Connecticut State University From 2009 to 2009 Internet Website Development Certificate @ Gateway Community College From 2001 to 2001 B.S., Management/Business Administration @ Rhode Island College From 1974 to 1978 Keith MacDougall is skilled in: Business Analysis, Program Management, Project Management, Software Documentation, Analysis, SQL, Systems Analysis, Testing, Leadership, Management, Forecasting, Team Building, Databases, Analytics, Business Intelligence, Strategy, Data Warehousing, Vendor Management, Process Improvement, SDLC, Requirements Gathering, Business Process..., Requirements Analysis, Data Analysis, Visio, Access, Business Requirements, Project Portfolio..., Six Sigma, MS Project, SharePoint, Data Modeling, Software Project..., Integration, Quality Assurance, PMO, Team Leadership, Process Engineering, Insurance, ETL, Enterprise Architecture, Consulting, Cognos, Cross-functional Team..., Database Design, COBOL
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension