Results driven Senior Business Analyst with 10+ year’s proven track record of delivery in Financial Services and Professional Services organizations. Specializing in requirements development, solution design and delivering quality through effective project management, I have a particular focus on translating business objectives and issues into coherent and deliverable solutions in the General Insurance, Life & Pensions and
Results driven Senior Business Analyst with 10+ year’s proven track record of delivery in Financial Services and Professional Services organizations. Specializing in requirements development, solution design and delivering quality through effective project management, I have a particular focus on translating business objectives and issues into coherent and deliverable solutions in the General Insurance, Life & Pensions and HR arenas.
Senior Business Analyst @ • Aligned to EY’s Core Business Services delivering Global IT change to enable key business functions, specialising in Human Resources, Finance and Tax.
• Senior BA on a program of projects to remediate the Russian HR landscape following new legislation that requires all data for citizens to be held within the Russian Federation. Successfully delivered three workstreams that implemented a third party recruitment solution (incl. detailed information security review), remediated all reporting & MI and updated all downstream interfaces/processes from EY’s PeopleSoft HR System. These activities secured compliance to the law following its employment in September 2015.
• Led the technical integration of a new benefits administration system into EY’s UK&I landscape to leverage a more flexible IT platform. This included working with a third party vendor, internal IT teams and business stakeholders alike, from RFP stage through to final implementation of the solution in time for the 2016 benefits selection window.
• Delivered an Exit Survey Workflow and Reporting Solution across the EMEIA area through detailed process documentation incorporating the re-use of an existing survey tool. Constructing a unified process around an existing application considerably reduced IT spend and delivery time enabling a speedy roll out to the pilot regions.
• Successfully re-designed the solution architecture for the Belgium HR application landscape, reducing the dependency on two legacy databases allowing technical decommissioning activities to take place. This remit involved a re-design of the data architecture as well as the re-definition of 20+ interfaces. From August 2014 to Present (1 year 4 months) London, United KingdomBusiness Analyst @ • Scoped and shaped the requirements development of a Europe wide claims reporting and workflow tool, facilitating workshops with senior stakeholders to produce detailed wireframes and storyboards to secure estimates and delivery timescales from a third party vendor.
• Developed functional requirements to enhance front end user validation in the Europe wide underwriting platform servicing 12 lines of business ensuring key rating data is consistent across actuarial, claims, collections and finance.
• Test lead for actuarial enhancements implementing previous term rating factors into renewal pricing for all lines of business to significantly reduce user keying and increase the accuracy of renewal premiums. From October 2013 to August 2014 (11 months) London, United KingdomLead Business Analyst/IT Project Manager @ • Lead Business Analyst aligned to the Personal Lines Intermediary Business Portfolio delivering product improvements and enhanced underwriting functionality across the Home and Motor book administered across 5 Software Houses. Working with a budget of circa £1M to enable >£20M benefit over 5 years, this remit also included the redesign of the reconciliation and auditing process for trading and underwriting premium leakage.
• Lead Business Analyst on a Regulatory Programme covering the Consumer Insurance Act (CIA) and Equality Act (EA) looking after a team of 2 other Business Analysts responsible for scope, approach, assignment objectives and quality of deliverables, against a budget of >£1M. This remit also included representing the analysis at steering group discussions attended by Senior Exec.
• Coaching and mentoring less experienced Business Analysts, including those on the Graduate Scheme, ensuring Personal Development Plans and Terms of Reference are in place and aligned to the delivery of the Global Change Portfolio.
• Led the scoping and shaping of the Retail Distribution Review (RDR) impact on the Pensions & Annuity Development Centre by coordinating 19 estimates covering 4500+ man days of effort, 5 systems, 3 products and 2 change requests. This was executed against the back drop of demanding timescales and pressure from the senior exec to confirm do-ability of the RDR programme. All estimates were delivered within agreed timescales and this input allowed key decisions to be made to re-cut the structure of the Programme so that a pre-2013 implementation was possible.
• Led the engagement and portfolio planning for Aviva’s Group Money Purchase (GMP) IT platform, that administers 2 in house staff pension schemes and 40K+ policies. This included scoping and shaping project deliveries as well as BAU enhancements and technical upgrades. From November 2010 to October 2013 (3 years) Norwich, United KingdomBusiness Analyst @ Worked for the third largest Global Insurance Broker delivering quality business solutions for a range of business units including Marine & Cargo, Strategic Financial Solutions and Retail.
• Delivered an online claims recording and MI reporting tool to secure the renewal of a large construction client worth £1m revenue per annum.
• Documented requirements and managed third party suppliers to provide global workflow solutions to the Marine & Cargo and Strategic Financial Solutions Business Units. From September 2009 to November 2010 (1 year 3 months) Business Analyst @ • Delivered detailed business requirements so that automatic pension statement production was enabled on all policies in Aviva's strategic pension product set. This brought the accuracy of the SMPI calculation in line with FSA regulations and allowed a reduction in FTE in the department responsible for manual statement production.
• Performed as lead business analyst to drive the requirement definition work required to bring Aviva into the high net worth insurance market by implementing 3 new personal lines products (motor, home and travel) into the broker channel. This was the flagship Intermediary Business proposition for 2007 and realised an increase of £70M in GWP for the first 3 years of trading.
• Successfully delivered the requirements for a migration project working with one of Aviva's corporate partners that moved 45,000 personal lines household policies from a legacy platform to the strategic underwriting system. From September 2005 to August 2009 (4 years)
BA Hons, Business & Marketing @ Leeds Beckett University From 2001 to 2004 Justin Wilkinson is skilled in: Business Requirements, Projects, Business Analysis, Process Modeling, Access, Visio, Lotus Notes, Agile Methodologies, Pensions, Retail Distribution Review (RDR), Consumer Insurance Act (CIA), Equality Act (EA), Decommissioning, Migration Projects, Use Case Analysis
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension