John Nolte is an innovative, results-focused Sales and Account Management professional who consistently exceeds sales expectations through a consultative customer approach. He builds trusted relationships and combines his financial acumen to convey cogent solutions to customer concerns. Combine this approach with refined contracting skills, John delivers significant value to the customer. His problem solving skills engender an
John Nolte is an innovative, results-focused Sales and Account Management professional who consistently exceeds sales expectations through a consultative customer approach. He builds trusted relationships and combines his financial acumen to convey cogent solutions to customer concerns. Combine this approach with refined contracting skills, John delivers significant value to the customer. His problem solving skills engender an atmosphere of collaboration that allows for business expansion and produces a more secure, long term, customer relationship.
John has been a team leader directing a group of accomplished professionals to a #1 position. He was able to hire and coach some to achieve national sales honors. His leadership has also been applied in cross functional teams to develop an effective business plan that drove market share and more efficient budget utilization.
John endeavors to be the product and market expert. This dedication to excellence and personal style has allowed him to be an effective field trainer and coach. Guided by faith and a concern for community, John is willing to help everyone succeed.
• Regional & National Account Management • Financial Acumen • Sales & Sales Management
• Contracting • Field Sales Training & Coaching • Consultative Sales • Presentations (C-level)
• Business Planning • New Product Launch • Customer Service • Prospecting • B2B Selling & Contracting • Problem Solving
Regional Sales Manager @ Exscribe is a developer and marketer of Electronic Health Record software specifically designed for Orthopedic practices. Responsibilities included prospecting, software demonstrations, contracting, closing sales, field training, product customization, assisting with implementation and existing account management in a B2B environment.
• Overcame significant competition and no company name recognition to engage potential customers and close sales.
• Refined ability to navigate the emotional and political decision making process that exists in small businesses. From 2011 to 2014 (3 years) Senior Key Account Manager @ Managed Markets account management responsible for $16 MM in sales. Responsibilities included direct contracting for preferred formulary position with MCOs, PBMs, Mail Order DME distributors and developing and leading pull through activities. Expanded understanding of medical benefit (Medicare / Medicaid / private) reimbursement. Leader of cross functional team coordinating Sales, Trade, Managed Markets, Marketing and Legal to maximize sales and efficient budget utilization. Also generated overall and provider level sales dollar and market share performance data for field targeting and efficient pull through development.
• Top performer based on exceeding growth / quota attainment goals – 2008 & 2009
• Top 10% in signed contracts
• Attained Q1-2009 Regional Performance Award through exceptional growth by leveraging key account opportunities From 2006 to 2009 (3 years) Regional Account Executive @ Managed Markets account responsibility for a 3 state area (IL, WI, MN) representing approximately 40MM lives. Responsibilities include direct contracting to secure formulary access for cardiovascular products in major managed care plans and developing effective pull through programs to drive contract market share. Improved financial model, generated quick results and improved Sales Representative business understanding and effectiveness.
• Earned 4rth Quarter 2004 Negotiation Award
• In 1st quarter, Cardizem LA added to Navitus (660K, PBM) formulary and Advocate Healthcare PDL
• Achieved formulary win for Cardizem LA at Dean Healthcare in first six months
o Worked with internal Biovail team and Pharmagistics to develop and implement web based clinic sampling program.
• Participated in the redesign of contracting process and integration with Business Planning Tool. From 2003 to 2005 (2 years) Managed Care Account Manager (Oncology) @ Managed Care account responsibility (Oncology/Hepatitis) for a 6 state area and National Dept. of Veterans Affairs / DoD representing $50-$60MM. Responsibilities included direct contracting with carve-out business (Specialty Pharmacy), securing formulary access for products in major managed care plans and developing / implementing projects to expand marketplace. Presented major projects to Corporate Level individuals for approval. Created tools for risk quantification and project performance evaluation. Developed significant experience in coordinating and driving the contract, legal, finance and regulatory process.
• Established significant personal relationships with key decision-makers at a priority specialty pharmacy resulting in an increase in market share to >90% and top line sales growth from $1.5M to $5M over four years.
• Developed a cross functional team strategy for a National Veterans Administration Hepatitis C nursing project, involving 28 facilities generating $7.4M incremental sales accounting for 91% of market segment annual growth.
• Strategically contracted with VA as part of a long term business plan for Eulexin, expanded product use by 43% in a declining market, prevented national bid and maintained product access through patent expiration.
• Created and executed a business plan to expand market potential in coordination with the Detroit Medical Center. Conceived the City of Detroit - Police/Fire/EMT project, generating $300K in sales and a published paper.
• Quickly developed critical key relationships with new startup oncology GPO and developed and signed a 3 way contract increasing market share by 20% to 92%, adding $700K of sales annually. From 1997 to 2002 (5 years) District Sales Manager (Oncology) @ Sales Manager responsibility for 17 representatives and $34MM of business in a 4 state geography spanning Chicago to Pittsburgh. Responsibilities included district business planning and structure, budget management, staffing, representative development - coaching, major account development, coordination of various departments within the organization with sales staff.
• Ranked #1 District Sales Manager (Sales $ growth) when promoted to Managed Care, 6/97.
• Proven ability to hire and develop top talent: 2 representatives became Nationally Distinguished Sales Representatives and 1 Oncology District Manager.
• Identified critical budget management issues and actively managed representative funding requests resulting in 40% reduction in cost of district projects and expansion of program potential.
• Formulated new district policy to incorporate pre-call planning, physician performance data, call recording and post call goal setting.
• Established unique district structure to allow for project coordination and major teaching institution synergies.
• Implemented regular conference calls for in-depth representative education on product and sales technique.
• Identified untapped opportunities for business expansion. From 1996 to 1997 (1 year)
MS, Finance @ Walsh College From 1991 to 1995 BS, Industrial Management @ Purdue University From 1974 to 1978 John Nolte is skilled in: Pharmaceutical Industry, Managed Care, Medical Devices, Oncology, Account Management, Sales Management, Pharmaceutical Sales, Cardiology, Product Launch, Diabetes, Sales, Cross-functional Team Leadership, Selling Skills, Sales Operations, Healthcare
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension