Bachelor of Science (B.S.), Summer School @
Austin Community College
John Kozyrakis graduated with a degree in B.S. Computer Science from the University of Texas at Austin but currently resides in Queens NY. He is known as a people person, consistent, dedicated and reliable to support organizational goals and is a team player. He feels very confident and has the passion needed to be knowledgeable and accomplished
John Kozyrakis graduated with a degree in B.S. Computer Science from the University of Texas at Austin but currently resides in Queens NY. He is known as a people person, consistent, dedicated and reliable to support organizational goals and is a team player. He feels very confident and has the passion needed to be knowledgeable and accomplished in a technology focused role. Furthermore John is a fast learner and he is more than happy to take further steps to ensure he furthers his knowledge in order to enhance his abilities at work
U.S. and Greek Citizen and able to relocate in the US and Europe
Specialties: Java programming, Unix/Perl scripting.
Very Strong Interest in Networking, routing and Computer and Network Security
Java Developer @ From November 2015 to Present (2 months) Greater New York City AreaApplication Support Analyst- FDM Consultant @ • Support a range of custom applications within the business area focusing on order management and trading systems by using “follow the sun” support.
• Support and train traders globally on each system, and act as the interface between Business and the rest of the IT and Dev. organization.
• Notify the business unit of system issues or failures in a timely manner and notify compliance for regulatory issues.
• Forge and maintain strong relationships with key business managers/desk heads and traders in the DSP desk in each region
• Understand and be able to troubleshoot problems arising within an individual application and between systems F2B – where flows exist between systems or issues arise with trade flows to settlement or risk systems; be able to identify the issue and either resolve or escalate to the appropriate L3 or Developer team responsible for the components affected
• Prioritize/escalate/resolve all issues raised by the desk irrespective of root cause.
• Created Shell and Perl scripts to help the team detect failures or red herrings more effective From January 2013 to November 2015 (2 years 11 months) FICC Das Analyst - FDM Consultant @ • Ensured all transactions flowed into the required system and performed end of day reconciliations
• Proactively performed trading platform maintenance and ensured system stability.
• Determined needs and requirements to develop efficient front end usage.
• Liaised between system developers, back middle and front office.
• Perform UAT / Post release testing of applications in association with the traders/business sponsors of change
• Create strong relationships with key dev and apps management teams for the applications supported and be able to represent the business priorities back to the development leads effectively. From May 2012 to November 2012 (7 months) Seasonal Associate @ Associate in the Seasonal/Gardening section From February 2012 to July 2012 (6 months) Java Developer Trainee @ Training was given for over 3 months on core java, tomcat, spring, Unix shell scripting and SQL From September 2011 to February 2012 (6 months) Greater New York City AreaJava Developer intern @ Uvisor.com - Personalized Job Search Engine
Uvisor's technology is designed to analyze key sections of your resume such as work experience, education, and skills to provide jobs that you qualify for. With our guidance based approach, Uvisor offers you the essential tools needed to manage, and be successful in your job search.
Creating java programs that connect online to grab specific info with the usage of regular expressions and Xpath/Jsoup.
Connect to a local database with Sql queries and store the info.
Assist in various other programming tasks From February 2011 to September 2011 (8 months) NRFU enumerator @ Planned work by reviewing assignment area to determine organization of neighborhoods and locate households for conducting interviews. I also conducted interviews with residents in assigned areas by following stringent guidelines and confidentiality laws. I complied with accuracy standards while maintaining high productions rates and I met daily with supervisor to review and submit work and receive additional instructions. From April 2010 to August 2010 (5 months) Work Study of the Computer Science dept - Purchasing @ Work part-time assisting various university personnel with taking care of printers and computers, servers and other areas when needed. My main duty consists of relocating and setting up computers for personnel, graduate students and UT professors From August 2008 to August 2009 (1 year 1 month) Transportation Assistant @ From July 2004 to September 2004 (3 months)