Software Development Manager @ Amazon Development Centre, London
Platform Manager @ MOO
Escola secundária Rainha D. Amélia
Head of Development since March 2014, previously Technical Architect, Scrum Master and Senior Software Developer with +7 years of commercial experience developing Java, C#, PHP and other technologies, in a fast-paced agile software development environment. My background is deeply entangled with the university, I have taught and researched in the University. Was part, as software developer and
Head of Development since March 2014, previously Technical Architect, Scrum Master and Senior Software Developer with +7 years of commercial experience developing Java, C#, PHP and other technologies, in a fast-paced agile software development environment. My background is deeply entangled with the university, I have taught and researched in the University. Was part, as software developer and project coordinator, of European Consortium’s for clients such as ESA. Gained valuable experience in most phases of the software development life cycle and client and server side development. I completed a full agile/scrum transformation at Encore Tickets Ltd bringing the development teams up to speed with the business needs. It was a success and continues to go through improvement every day. Deeply passionate about leading life-changing projects, transforming organization cultures and methodologies. As a Technical Architect i made use of my experience to idealize solutions for the eCommerce platform and the integration of legacy systems with a service bus.
Some of my skills encamps: Software Development & Design & Analysis. Database design and Analysis, (relational and document data model). Web Services (RESTful and SOAP). OOP Skills. SOA. Agile Methodology. Metadata Repositories.
Some of the technologies i have used during my professional experience (see CV for moredetails): Dart, Oracle XML, Java/J2EE, Apache Tomcat/Axis2, Visual Studio .Net C++/VB/ASPX, C# (Entity Framework 4.0, WCF OData services ), Sql Server, JasperReports/JasperServer, MySql, LyfeRay (Portlets 2.0), Vaadin, Cayenne, Drools, OPC-UA, XPATH/XQUERY, MongoDB
Published Articles: Student poster on e-voting systems at ITiCSE '05 - http://dl.acm.org/citation.cfm?id=1067616, https://www.scrumalliance.org/community/articles/2015/march/agile-transformation-a-success-story
Blogs: http://agiletransf.blogspot.co.uk/ http://projectsjo.blogspot.co.uk/
Software Development Manager @ From August 2015 to Present (5 months) Platform Manager @ From June 2015 to August 2015 (3 months) Head of Development @ - Responsible for all the Development/Test Teams
- Making sure of the ALM process and Quality of the Code
- Building and improving the SDLC
- Discuss and Design Solutions with Stakeholders and Product Owners
- Recruit talent for the teams
- People skills and Management
- Implement Continuous Delivery From March 2014 to April 2015 (1 year 2 months) Technical Architect @ - Implementing Scrum methodology in Web Team (PHP/Drupal development).
- Leading the Developers Web team and Provide solutions for the web platform framework,
- Leading the C# development and designing it to be MVVM in .net WPF
- Architecture decisions about web features such as APIs (RESTful webservices, Spring, etc), Mobile and integration of legacy systems through new solutions such as ESB
- Management and HR From May 2013 to March 2014 (11 months) London, United KingdomIT Consultant @ Design & Development of frontend and backend for a new Purchase 2 Pay system for Saphety. Scrum Framework with sprints of 2 weeks used. Played the role of developer in the Scrum Framework using Jira(+greenhopper) with 2 weeks sprints. The frontend was designed with Dart and the web ui package(see http://www.dartlang.org/). Backend in .Net C#, SQL Server and Entity Framework with WCF with Odata providing CRUD services to the client.
MVVM architectural pattern was used for the frontend. Versioning using Mercurial. From February 2013 to May 2013 (4 months) Lisbon Area, PortugalSoftware Engineer @ At this company i have managed small web platforms. Analysed, researched and developed a metadata repository db with soap services to SEISOP (Space Environment Information System for Operations) project. In this project i also had some management responsabilities (J2EE).
Development of a central bank system, the platform was a Liferay instance with custom portlets designed using Vaadin and Cayenne for transaction and integrity with the DB (J2EE).
Research and develop ISA95/OPC-UA mappings for COSMOS project.
JADE and Drools integration for security monitoring system (J2EE).
GSA’s and Google Apps Installation and configuration. From March 2008 to February 2013 (5 years) Software Engineer @ From February 2008 to February 2013 (5 years 1 month) Research Engineer @ Analyse SEIS and SESS.
Reverse Engineering to make them work again. From January 2008 to February 2008 (2 months) Practical Classes Monitor at the University @ Programming 1 and 2 (C++ Object Oriented Programming) Classes
Introduction to Computers and Programming (Octave functional programming)
Responsibility: Evaluate the projects, Explain exercises and Monitor the classes and exams. From 2004 to 2008 (4 years)
Escola secundária Rainha D. AméliaEngineer's Degree, Computer Software Engineering @ Universidade Nova de Lisboa Joana Lopes is skilled in: Web Services, XML, Java Enterprise Edition, Agile Methodologies, MySQL, Software Development, Java, SOA, Apache, Eclipse, Scrum, Microsoft SQL Server, Software Design, Hibernate, Oracle
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension