I am a self-motivated, outgoing and enthusiastic individual with a diverse range of technical experience and strong and effective organisational and communication skills. I am a good team player capable of thinking outside-of-the-box and using self-initiative to solve problems and produce results within fixed timescales that exceed the set company objectives. I am constantly looking to improve
I am a self-motivated, outgoing and enthusiastic individual with a diverse range of technical experience and strong and effective organisational and communication skills. I am a good team player capable of thinking outside-of-the-box and using self-initiative to solve problems and produce results within fixed timescales that exceed the set company objectives. I am constantly looking to improve systems for better performance and reliability. I approach all task with versatility and have the ability to learn new skills quickly and accurately.
VMware Specialist @ Anything VMware!
Design \ Ops From February 2015 to Present (11 months) Technical Architect @ • Designing end-to-end technical solutions, i.e. from the desktop to the backend
• Providing the technical lead for the design and support of the firm’s Document Management System
• Providing technical input and support for IT Infrastructure support teams
• Writing technical documentation following the upgrade or implementation of existing or new systems
• Advising Managers on technical risks to projects
• Evaluation of new hardware and software
• External vendor and supplier management
• Problem resolution management
• Advising on the Storage Design for Projects
• Advising on the performance and security for proposed systems
• Investigation of Technologies and making recommendations to the management team that match the IT Department Strategy
• Research new technologies relevant to the business goals and the technology farm
• Problem resolution management within Project Delivery
• Architect real-time solutions to resolve an incident From February 2014 to October 2014 (9 months) London, United KingdomSenior IT Analyst @ Specialties
Design and architecture of Server, SAN, NAS, Virtualisation & Backup Infrastructures.
VMware vSphere Architecture, implementation utilizing best practices for availability, reliability, and performance of compute, network, and storage resources to achieve dense virtualization ratios while maintaining SLAs and achieving disaster recovery RTO/RPO’s.
Design, install and configure a VMware ESXi, 5.0 environment with VMware vCenter Server utilising functionality like, DRS, HA, DPM, vMotion, VMware Update Manager, AutoDeploy, Host Profiles, vCOPs and VMware Site Recovery Manager (SRM), with VMware vDS and Cisco Nexus 1000v virtual switches. (Flexpod Infrastructure - VMware / Cisco UCS / NetApp)
Current Industry Accreditations
• Cisco Data Centre Unified Computing Support Specialist
• VMware Certified Professional 5 - Data Centre Virtualization (VCP5-DCV) From February 2001 to January 2014 (13 years) London, United Kingdom
Jig Patel is skilled in: Active Directory, Project Management, Group Policy, Infrastructure, Windows Server, Windows 7, SCCM, Information Architecture, Blackberry, System Deployment, Cisco UCS, VMware Infrastructure, Microsoft SQL Server, Datacenter Virtualization, Datacenter Design
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension