Purchasing, Materials Management, and Supply Chain Specialist with diverse experience in large and small organizations. Results oriented and committed to project completion. Expertise in procurement, negotiations, planning and inventory management. Extensive experience with ERP and MRP systems, Kanban process, Project Management, Product Integration, Six Sigma and 5S quality procedures. Able to adapt to new settings, situations and
Purchasing, Materials Management, and Supply Chain Specialist with diverse experience in large and small organizations. Results oriented and committed to project completion. Expertise in procurement, negotiations, planning and inventory management. Extensive experience with ERP and MRP systems, Kanban process, Project Management, Product Integration, Six Sigma and 5S quality procedures. Able to adapt to new settings, situations and changing environments.
• Contract Negotiation
• International Operations
• Supplier Improvement
• Import / Export Documentation
• Commodity Management
• Six Sigma
Global Commodity Manager @ Responsible for the sourcing of forgings, castings and sheet/roll goods of aluminum, brass, copper, stainless steel, and rolled steel both domestic and internationally. Support overall company strategies for cost reductions, supplier rationalization, and new product development within specific commodities and product families From January 2012 to Present (3 years 10 months) Dallas/Fort Worth AreaMaterials Manager- Global Manufacturing @ Manage scheduling of raw materials in support of 7 offshore manufacturing facilities located in Argentina, Brazil, China, Mexico, New Zealand, Poland, and Portugal. Monitor all import / export regulations such as, ISPM-15, C-TPAT, Lacey Act, and others ensuring compliance. Supported International Sales, Manufacturing, and Engineering departments ensuring accuracy of bill-of-materials validating supplier selection, and assisting in local supplier projects. Manage consolidation of inbound shipments to effectively use weekly shipping containers minimizing cost and lowering ocean transit times. Solely responsible for Free Trade Agreement documentation such as NAFTA / AUSFTA / CAFTA.
• Collaborate with 9 Buyers and 7 Warehouse Managers ensuring timely delivery or materials and inventory accuracy.
• Liaison between Production Facilities, Product Development and Engineering groups ensured all design and regulatory construction standards were met and communicated bill of material changes back to offshore facilities. From October 2008 to 2011 (3 years) Commodity Leader @ Managed day to day sourcing related issues. Executed electrical system supply chain projects. Consolidated supply base, reduced SKUs, improved inventory turns and reduced freight costs. Supported Sourcing Director in developing optimal commodity sourcing strategy. Participated in make versus buy decisions. Maintained sourcing process from RFQ development, to negotiating commercial terms and conditions and maintenance of contracts after implementation. Identified opportunities for supplier development programs focused on continuous improvement. Managed Electrical category with annual purchases of $38M across 25 manufacturing sites.
• Negotiated long term contracts with suppliers providing top 80% of spend resulting in $1.3M in immediate cost savings and future price reductions based on volume and productivity improvements.
• Used commodity price hedging ensuring price stability and product availability. From October 2007 to October 2008 (1 year 1 month) Materials Manager @ Managed Procurement, Materials Management, Warehousing and Logistics for 325,000 sq. ft. production facility producing 23 models of performance boats with annual purchases of $35M in raw material from 300+ suppliers. Managed daily activities of 3-Buyer / Planners and Warehouse Supervisor. Managed purchasing of dash panels, gauges, and wire harness assemblies.
• Supported Global Sourcing activities leveraging raw material purchases across all 6-divisions affecting $380K in cost reductions for 2006 calendar year through consolidation of focused strategic suppliers, and price negotiations of high impact raw materials.
• Reduced warranty costs focusing on recurring part failures, as active member of Component Quality Action Team. From March 2004 to October 2007 (3 years 8 months) Buyer/Planner @ Planned, coordinated and controlled procurement of plumbing and PVC goods totaling $500K monthly including various bulk hoses and rotocast tanks and fluid transfer systems. Analyzed, managed, forecasted, and scheduled raw materials for 8 manufacturing facilities. Identified and developed opportunities for cost reduction, and negotiated purchase agreements.
• Reduced costs 13% by negotiating cross division supplier consolidation.
• Constructed RFQ module that facilitated award process to suppliers for various commodities w/strategic demand. From February 2000 to March 2004 (4 years 2 months) Asset/Marketing Manager @ Responsible for maintaining inventory supporting 400 sales people nationwide w/sales volume of $50M. Forecasted demand thru an understanding of product life cycles and trends in demand. Returned non-conforming products to suppliers.
• Enhanced inventory turns from 9 to 20
• Developed a product knowledge base for personal computers and networking products from 3Com, Intel and MultiTech to support field sales technical requirements. From February 1995 to February 2000 (5 years 1 month)
MS, Organizational Managemant @ Tusculum College From 2002 to 2004 BS, Marketing @ Southern New Hampshire University From 1989 to 1992 Londonderry High School From 1984 to 1988 Jay Mitchell is skilled in: Materials Management, Supply Chain Management, Contract Negotiation, MRP, Kanban, Strategic Sourcing, Global Sourcing, Supplier, Supplier Quality, Supplier Management, Value Stream Mapping, Manufacturing Operations, Cost Savings, Purchasing, Lean Manufacturing, Sourcing, Procurement, Cost Reduction, Production Planning, Supply Chain, Kaizen, 5S, Supplier Development, Supply Management, Product Development, Inventory Control, Manufacturing, Pricing, Continuous Improvement, Inventory Management, Warehousing, Spend Analysis, Supplier Evaluation, Materials, Negotiation, Supply Chain..., ISO, Logistics, JD Edwards, International Logistics, Green Belt, Supply Chain Operations
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension