For over 12 years, I have been pioneering business intelligence in multiple companies in different industries (Hi-tech, Pharma, Recruitment) which has given me extensive experience with marketing and sales data analysis (with an emphasis on e-commerce and web metrics) and customer service organizations (focus on performance tracking). I have also worked closely with finance departments on revenue
For over 12 years, I have been pioneering business intelligence in multiple companies in different industries (Hi-tech, Pharma, Recruitment) which has given me extensive experience with marketing and sales data analysis (with an emphasis on e-commerce and web metrics) and customer service organizations (focus on performance tracking). I have also worked closely with finance departments on revenue recognition models and reporting as well as participating in multi-million dollar acquisitions both on the buying and selling side.
I am a focused, results-oriented, highly driven person seeking leadership opportunities and experience in a dynamic and professional environment. I am motivated self-started with an eagerness to grow and succeed. It is my belief that good Business Intelligence is not only efficient data integration and intricate data models, it is helping a business better leverage its assets, whether that be people, products or clients. My job is to help you understand your business and help support you in your decisions and strategies through insights derived from good data.
I have wide-ranging experience with SQL development on multiple platforms and I have developed data integration environments, matching algorithms, data models, reporting environments in addition to custom business analysis in a number of very specialized industries. I have managed BI/Data teams as large as 8. I thrive on developing new BI talent in Montreal; I have an eye for talent, and am proud to have personally developed several new BI Analysts and developers. I am experienced at AGILE style project management and have consistently provided continuous development and reporting for all the companies with which I have worked.
Je suis aussi très à l'aise avec le français.
Manager, Business Intelligence, Data Warehousing and Reporting @ From October 2014 to Present (1 year 3 months) Montreal, Canada AreaSenior BI Consultant / Project Lead @ - Proposed, designed and implemented a complete overhaul of the data warehouse, and reporting platform architecture / infrastructure
- Complete overhaul of BI work methods, best practices and development standards
- Implemented SCRUM / AGILE project methodology From April 2014 to September 2014 (6 months) Montreal, Canada AreaManager, Business Intelligence & Data Strategy @ Responsibilities:
• 3 direct reports; One SQL developer, one reporting specialist and a junior analyst
• Hiring, training, budgeting for all BI resources
• Responsible for all development of BI solutions
• Participated in senior management steering committee meetings
• Managed relationship with external data vendor Dunn and Bradstreet
• Project management for all BI and reporting solutions
• Used a modified AGILE development methodology (SCRUM) with 1 week iterations
• Requirements gathering and business needs analysis
• Maintenance/Prioritization of BI backlog
• Work estimates
• Coordination with Finance, Product, R&D, IT, Operations, Customer Service, Sales and Marketing groups
Analysis and Technical
• Customer evolution, CHURN and segmentation
• Revenue recognition (Subscription based)
• Product and promotion performance
• Ad-hoc SQL query reporting and Excel data manipulation
• SQL Server 2012 BI edition development including SSIS and SSRS
• MySQL development via Toad
• Data architecture/modeling
• Participated in 145 million dollar transaction of iWeb to Internap
• Was the first BI hire for iWeb and grew the team to 4 members in just one year
• Completely overhauled all internal data reporting in order to address critical data accuracy issues
• Successfully designed, and lead development of an operational data store that allowed cross-system reporting for the first time at iWeb
• Successfully designed, and lead development of a new reporting environment, consuming data from our ODS and data marts
• Created the first ever customer master for iWeb, allowing easy access to comprehensive data on our clients and leveraged it to better understand CHURN
• Created first ever industry vertical analysis to better understand who our clients are
• Extensive reporting and analysis on revenue recognition and how that intersects with sales, support and product reporting
• Completely overhauled sales and commission reporting From May 2012 to December 2013 (1 year 8 months) Montreal, Canada AreaTeam Lead, Data & Reporting @ Responsibilities
- Formerly Senior Data Analyst/Reporting Product Owner
- Team/Resource management with 3 direct reports
- Product and project management for all data and reporting products
- Business analysis both for internal and external clients
- Reporting product roll-outs to internal and external clients
- All external client facing communications regarding data and reporting
- Design and development of all new reporting products
- Coding and implementation of reporting solutions
- Data architecture/modeling
- Maintenance/Prioritization of reporting project backlog
- Designed, developed & rolled-out Aptilon Standard Data Feed product
- Developed first ever reporting data mart for Aptilon
- Completely overhauled all internal data reporting in order to address critical data accuracy issues
- Successfully designed, developed and launched first ever standard client facing executive reports
- Developed first ever automated billing system for Aptilon
- Created first ever data documentation, defining client facing reporting.
- Introduced many new methods of SQL best practices From June 2008 to April 2012 (3 years 11 months) Montreal, Canada AreaMarketing Database Analyst (Consultant) @ - Redefined competitive analysis to allow for a more accurate reflection of the current reality of the market.
- Updated and enhanced “Monsternator” internal sales data automated SQL reporting.
- Participated in Enhanced Job Category implementation and analysis.
- Enabled first ever Canadian automated Web Data SQL reporting.
- Responsible for preparation of monthly “Mediametrix”, “Accolades” and “Market Update” reports. Also responsible for updating quarterly Monster Employment Index. From November 2007 to May 2008 (7 months) Montreal, Canada AreaForeign Language Teacher @ - Responsible for teaching 150 freshman business, science and computer science students.
- Responsible for building curriculum and evaluating students.
- Participated in extra-curricular events such as English Corner as well as private tutoring. From August 2006 to July 2007 (1 year) Foreign Language Teacher @ - Responsible for teaching in excess of 700 second year business and technology students.
- Responsible for building curriculum and evaluating students.
- Participated in extra-curricular events such as English Corner as well as private tutoring. From August 2005 to July 2006 (1 year) Data Analyst @ - Responsible for all reporting, and data integrity for Insight Canada.
- Coordinated SQL development with Database Administrators and ASP developers in Tempe Arizona.
- Innovated new reporting methods to assist Marketing with focused and specific marketing campaigns.
- Owned the Insight Canada portion of the relationship with Dunn and Bradstreet.
- Devised new persistent daily and weekly reports, as well as online reports to increase Account Executive performance and profitability.
- Participated in analysis and development of new projects such as custom web catalogs, new back-end rebate tracking module, new return processing module, etc… From May 2003 to November 2004 (1 year 7 months) Sales Support @ - Responsible for writing and updating sales and verification scripts.
- Researched, assembled and maintained call lists of potential clientele.
- Assisted with sales analysis, and target marketing.
- Contributed to the development of pre and post sales operating procedures. From November 2002 to April 2003 (6 months) Web/Database Consultant @ - Researched and assembled contact and prospect database.
- Researched biometric lexicon.
- Advised on web layout and configuration.
- Contributed web content. From April 2002 to September 2002 (6 months) Product Data Analyst @ - Responsible for maintaining data in the Product Database. This included ensuring data integrity and developing methods for automating data entry.
- Custom Sales reporting (Access/SQL), including contest reporting, open order reporting, year-end reporting and special requests.
- Analysis and monitoring of automated reporting (Dataworld (SQL Database) and Max (UNIX/BASIC custom business software)).
- Analysis, testing and implementation of Auto Product Discontinuation and Auto Weight Update programs.
- Testing and integration of Product Encyclopaedia and CNET tech notes.
- Assisted Supply Management and EDI Programmers with integration of new EDI partners (Testing and Analysis)
- Responsible for creating E-catalogs for specials and promotions.
- Responsible for maintaining Product Managements intranet site.
- Responsible for supporting sales with Built To Order System requests. From December 2000 to February 2002 (1 year 3 months) Telephone Interviewer/Recruiter @ From October 1999 to September 2000 (1 year)
George Neocleous is skilled in: Team Management, Business Intelligence, SQL, Agile Methodologies, Data Analysis, Business Analysis, Databases, Microsoft SQL Server, Data Modeling, Oracle, Requirements Gathering, Management, Analytics, Leadership, Project Management
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension