HR Manager, Cloud & Enterprise Engineering Group @ Microsoft
Global HR Project Manager, Retail Store Start-up @ Microsoft
B.S., Labor Studies and Employment Relations @
Penn State University
Global HR professional with over 8 years of professional experience and over 4 years of strategic HR experience across industries and countries. Data driven with a diverse background in HR disciplines including mergers and acquisitions, HR analytics, learning and development, workforce planning, start-ups, HR management, organizational design, talent management, university and executive recruitment, and compensation. Trusted advisor
Global HR professional with over 8 years of professional experience and over 4 years of strategic HR experience across industries and countries. Data driven with a diverse background in HR disciplines including mergers and acquisitions, HR analytics, learning and development, workforce planning, start-ups, HR management, organizational design, talent management, university and executive recruitment, and compensation. Trusted advisor with key strengths in business acumen, coaching and employee relations.
HR Business Partner @ • Provide strategic global HR Business Partnership to the CFO, General Counsel, Sales & Marketing and the Head of Customer Experience
• As a trusted adviser, coach leaders and managers through unique business and people related challenges as Dropbox scales globally in hyper-growth mode
• Proactively analyze data to influence and advise clients on current and future business needs in the organization
• Lead all HR programs end-to-end, including performance review and calibrations, L&D, diversity & inclusion, employee relations, compensation, talent management, succession planning and change management
• Create new policies at Dropbox, in multiple countries, to ensure legal consistency as the company scales globally From May 2015 to Present (8 months) San Francisco Bay AreaHR Manager, Cloud & Enterprise Engineering Group @ • Led all HR programs, including performance management, change management, complex employee relations, compensation, learning and development, talent management, and diversity & inclusion.
• Identified and deployed impactful data driven people strategies that enabled the Cloud + Enterprise organization to scale globally, particularly within the hybrid cloud engineering organizations.
• Coached executive leaders and managers through organizational changes, succession planning, talent management and diversity strategies. From September 2014 to April 2015 (8 months) Global HR Project Manager, Retail Store Start-up @ • Built out and program managed the start-up HR infrastructure for retail stores in China, leveraging local expertise, benchmarking the external market and integrating best practices.
• Co-created and managed an international manager development learning loop program, resulting in direct knowledge transfer to our China retail employees.
• Adapted North American policies and procedures to the China retail market in consultation with internal and external stakeholders.
• Developed a replicable framework and launched a scalable recruiting strategy for retail stores, resulting in fully staffed and profitable stores in 2014 and 2015. From September 2013 to September 2014 (1 year 1 month) Shanghai City, ChinaHR Manager, Sales, Marketing & Services Group @ • Managed 40 participants in a manager preparation program, leading to increased promotions and retention rates of critical talent.
• Led all employee relations investigations, annual talent review assessments and high-potential development programs.
• Assimilated new executive leaders into the organization through facilitated and focused onboarding. From September 2013 to September 2014 (1 year 1 month) Shanghai City, ChinaHR Business Partner, Technology & Research @ • Managed the rhythm of the business, high-potential development and employee relations.
• Created a pilot program that connected researchers to the strategies of the engineering groups, resulting in increased collaboration and product advancements. From June 2012 to September 2013 (1 year 4 months) HR Generalist @ • Managed end-to-end HR processes, including employee relations, compensation, onboarding and training. From October 2011 to May 2012 (8 months) Corporate Labor Relations Intern @ • Participated in the national negotiations with the United Auto Workers after the bankruptcy. From May 2011 to August 2011 (4 months) Greater Detroit AreaSr. Airman @ From July 2003 to July 2007 (4 years 1 month)
M.S., Human Resources and Employment Relations @ Penn State University From 2010 to 2012 B.S., Labor Studies and Employment Relations @ Penn State University From 2007 to 2010 Ed Meskey is skilled in: Human Resources, Leadership, Talent Management, Onboarding, Succession Planning, Performance Management, Labor Relations, Coaching, Strategy, Employee Relations, Employee Engagement, HRIS, Workforce Planning, Change Management, Employment Law
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension