Results driven professional with over 15 years of global experience in financial, IT and operational risk management. Directed teams in global full life cycle IT transformations, SOX assessments, M&A divestiture, Enterprise Transformation, IT cost take out, and control sustainment initiatives. Capabilities include project management, methodology development, building teams, and business development activities. Demonstrated industry experience for marquee
Results driven professional with over 15 years of global experience in financial, IT and operational risk management. Directed teams in global full life cycle IT transformations, SOX assessments, M&A divestiture, Enterprise Transformation, IT cost take out, and control sustainment initiatives. Capabilities include project management, methodology development, building teams, and business development activities. Demonstrated industry experience for marquee fortune 500 companies in manufacturing, consumer business, financial services (trading), oil & gas, automotive, hi-tech and transportation. Work experience in Europe (UK, Netherlands), South America (Brazil and Argentina), and Asia-Pacific (Australia, Japan, and Korea). Certified Information Systems Manager (CISM) .
Specialties: * Project management of global IT transformations
* Financial (SOX 404), regulatory and operational risk management
* Business process re-engineering and optimization
* M&A divestiture
* SAP Governance Risk and Compliance initiatives
• Methodology and people development
* Business development
* Vendor management and marketing
* IT Cost Take Out
* Application Software (SAP and Endur) and Infrastructure
Senior Manager @ Accenture Technology Consulting - Enterprise Security Solutions
* Programme Management: Supporting IT and Information Risk Architecture
* Drove IT cost reduction activities targeting $1B over 4 years through technological infrastructure innovation including AWS and Azure
* Supported key initiatives in Security Operations and Architecture
* Global IT & Business Transformation: Security and Compliance lead for $500MM financial commodity trading program for IT compliance and security implementation activities; led on and offshore team in build, test, and operate security and IT compliance activities.
* Practice and Market Development: Performing GRC solution tool evaluations and developing SAP GRC conference market materials. Increased internal and external sales and marketing visibility for security practice capabilities. Sales activities include targeting, RFP response and orals presentations for projects from $500k to $45MM; led / participated in RFP responses totaling $101 MM. From January 2010 to Present (5 years 10 months) Senior Manager @ * Global IT Transformations - Led multiple global SAP projects with spend from $25MM to $100MM/yr, established security & controls strategy and led execution to support sound operational and compliance controls, IT application security, and IT controls to comply with financial, regulatory and operational requirements. Integrated with stakeholders including PMO, functional, technical, and compliance / internal audit teams. Developed Center of Excellence to support operational compliance.
* Mergers & Acquisitions - Performed security, compliance, and data privacy strategy assessment for a $2.5B global IT divesture.
* Business Process Re-engineering - Managed process improvement activities for finance, order-to-cash, and purchase-to-payment processes, and led training for $3B supplier.
* Global SME SOX Assessment - Performed Global Quality Assurance role and led business process test activities in Korea, Brazil, Australia, and US for SOX 404 financial reporting compliance for $15B global OEM. Managed global resources, reported findings, and recommendations.
* Benchmarking Assessment – Global SAP Process SME; led international team during business process assessment against global leading practices; presented findings to Chairman, CEO, CFO and CIO for $3B global manufacturer.
* Business and IT Assessments - Led reviews based on COSO/COBIT of IT and business processes cycles.
* Business Development - Led practice market channel (Deloitte Consulting, SAP/Oracle) targeting. RFP response and presentations from $300k to 25MM; directly responsible driving new and add-on service sales; led / participated in RFP responses of $85MM+ From January 1998 to June 2009 (11 years 6 months) Consultant @ Performed financial and operational business process reengineering / assessments and developed business plans. From September 1996 to January 1998 (1 year 5 months) Consultant @ Performed reviews on government contracts utilizing specialized software. From June 1995 to July 1996 (1 year 2 months) Business Services Minority Intern @ Performed projects in staff benefits and internal audit departments From June 1993 to August 1993 (3 months)
Bachelor of Arts, Business Administration, Business Adminstration; Accounting; Communication @ Hanover College From 1990 to 1994 David Lee is skilled in: Project Management, SAP Implementation, SDLC, Cloud Computing, SAP GRC, M&A experience, IT Strategy, Business Process..., Business Process..., Internal Controls, Identity Management, Practice Development, Oil & Gas Industry, Consumer Products, Management Consulting, Information Security, Security Tools, Business Development, Business Process, Business Process Design, Business Transformation, Process Improvement, Program Management, Sarbanes-Oxley Act, Strategy, SAP, PMO, Information Technology, Mergers, Security
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension