Director of Government Relations @ The Centech Group
Bachelor's degree, Political Science and Government @
Florida Atlantic University
Business management leader with experience in developing corporate communications programs, promoting business interests with government representatives, and delivering the ultimate customer experience. Skilled in generating new sales and developing marketing strategies to create lasting relationships between the Brand and customer in high-volume settings. Proven ability in building successful relationships with internal partners and external stakeholders to influence
Business management leader with experience in developing corporate communications programs, promoting business interests with government representatives, and delivering the ultimate customer experience. Skilled in generating new sales and developing marketing strategies to create lasting relationships between the Brand and customer in high-volume settings. Proven ability in building successful relationships with internal partners and external stakeholders to influence key decision makers to shape business programs and results. Demonstrated leadership under pressure in calculated risk-taking and testing ideas, learning from achievements and failures to move forward and succeed.
Customer Experience Manager @ • Responsible for driving customer engagement and advocacy in support of new business, customer retention and growth. Serve as the single point of resolution for customers and provide product specific information on diverse Audi vehicle lineup to ensure exceptional customer satisfaction, Brand loyalty and dealer profitability.
• Perform needs assessments to identify opportunity areas within Service and Sales departments through all consumer touch points. Utilize findings from assessment to collaborate with store employees in creating recommendations for improvement and development of action plans that include process, people and technology issues. Responsible for communication and training to drive improved performance for all stores.
• Act as liaison with clients to monitor customer satisfaction and build community and resolve any negative issues to restore confidence in the Brand. Conduct follow up surveys by phone and email with customers of new car sales and repair service experience to gain insights and make feedback actionable by developing improvement initiatives to ensure best practices are implemented across all departments of the dealership.
• Identify significant patterns and key metrics from customer survey responses to improve the service experience and increase demand for new vehicles to maintain Audi’s premium brand position in the marketplace. Achieve 96% target for Customer Service Index (CSI) consistently each month driving dealership to top ten percent in overall customer satisfaction in regional district. From March 2014 to Present (1 year 10 months) Operations Manager @ • Developed and executed store plans to increase sales and control costs, exceeding established targets and identifying operational improvements to drive store revenue and improve operational performance. Conducted ongoing and timely coaching with employees to positively reinforce and model successful behavior to improve individual performance in marketing, selling and enhancing customer experience.
• Actively leveraged product knowledge and used strategic selling approaches to determine customer needs and influence final purchases increasing average ticket sales. Utilized analytical computer programs to measure and control inventory to minimize waste and maximize sales.
• Led new partner training as Subject Matter Expert (SME) to develop and deliver corporate initiatives to the retail side on new product lines and more streamlined technology driven processes such as mobile phone pay and inventory management system using Apple software and devices. From September 2010 to September 2014 (4 years 1 month) Director of Government Relations @ ● Managed and developed public policy agenda critical to the company’s operations and built strong relationships with internal departments and over 100 key decision makers on Capitol Hill and federal government agencies that influenced legislative and political issues in technology small business.
● Drafted public policy recommendations and communicated company's position to members of the Senate Subcommittee for Defense and Homeland Security, and House Small Business Committee on reducing government contract bundling by large firms, revising federal definition of small business size-standards regulations, and ensuring ethical compliance to solicitation provisions of the Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR).
● Co-founded National Association of Small Business Federal Contractors (NASBFC), a nationwide membership of veteran-owned and minority-owned small businesses designed to increase market share of federal contracting dollars and promote fairness in subcontracting through strategic advocacy programs targeted at key congressional members and leadership. Developed and presented PowerPoint presentations for monthly and annual meetings.
● Negotiated and settled contract payments totaling $24.2 million that involved 266 unsettled invoices with large prime business government contractors and Defense Finance and Accounting Services (DFAS) that processes payments for US Department of Defense (DOD). From January 2007 to June 2010 (3 years 6 months) Washington D.C. Metro AreaFederal Policy Manager @ • Strategized lobbying plan to promote IMAs policy recommendations to amend Sarbanes-Oxley Act (SOX) by providing policy advice to committee staff of House Financial Services and Small Business Committee that led to congressional hearing on Application of SOX Regulations in Small Companies and IMA presenting testimony.
• Drafted and submitted comments on proposed rules issued by the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) concerning the development of additional guidance for management on evaluation of internal control over financial reporting that mainly recommended reducing the compliance costs to small public companies by using a management centered risk-based approach in contrast to external auditor driven process.
• Researched and evaluated internal accounting rules issued by the Public Company Accounting Oversight Board (PCAOB) to ensure IMA members functioned in compliance as auditors of public companies and managed Political Action Committees (PACs) for organization. From October 2005 to January 2007 (1 year 4 months) Business Development Manager @ • Managed policy issues concerning No Child Left Behind (NCLB) law tracking public schools adequate yearly progress and accountability guidelines to ensure fair implementation of Supplemental Educational Services (SES) for students attending underperforming schools, and worked closely with corporate counsel to ensure compliance to business ethics in each state.
• Served as liaison for congressional members of the House Committee on Education and the Workforce to ensure participation in the legislative process and communicate policy recommendations that added value to the formation of the NCLB Act of 2006 (H.R. 5709). Served as point of contact for the United States Government Accountability Office (GAO) sharing information on how SES providers work with school districts to deliver services so that congress could strengthen accountability for improving the academic performance of children enrolled in public schools.
• Lobbied Florida governor’s office, enlisted support of congressional representatives in four districts (17, 18, 20, 21) and initiated a grassroots coalition to expand access of SES for eligible students attending under-performing schools that resulted in the Florida legislature issuing new guidance that mandated tutoring services be offered in a timely way and administrators develop evaluation practices to monitor effectiveness of SES providers. From April 2003 to September 2005 (2 years 6 months) Greater New York City AreaSenior Policy Analyst @ • Tracked performance metrics and identified trends for the NYC Law Department, City Commission on Human Rights (CCHR), Department of Investigation (DOI), and Business Integrity Commission (BIC) to ensure agencies are meeting targets in key public service areas, and collaborated with senior managers to develop goals and strategies to make agencies more cost effective and coordinated in executing business to city residents. Drafted results and recommendations in Mayor’s Management Report (MMR) published for the City Council on performance of municipal agencies in delivering services.
• Served on Customer Service team that planned and implemented strategy proposals to develop a single telephone number for non-emergency services, the 311 Call Center, to increase customer service efficiency by creating three divisions within the call center to improve performance management of city agency programs and services: Quality Assurance, Training, and Content and Agency Relations. From October 1998 to May 2002 (3 years 8 months) Greater New York City Area
MPA, Public Policy Analysis @ The George Washington UniversityBachelor's degree, Political Science and Government @ Florida Atlantic University David Cintron is skilled in: Budgets, Program Management, Social Media, Project Management, Nonprofits, Operations Management, Government, Community Outreach, Management, Team Building, Research, Project Planning, Public Speaking, Strategic Communications, Public Policy
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension