Mobile Application Developer @ From May 2015 to Present (8 months) Software Development Engineer @ Working on the Microsoft Office for iOS team From July 2014 to May 2015 (11 months) Software Development Engineer @ - Re-engineered a component for the Test Services team that manages the physical and virtual test devices, consisting of a SQL Server
Mobile Application Developer @ From May 2015 to Present (8 months) Software Development Engineer @ Working on the Microsoft Office for iOS team From July 2014 to May 2015 (11 months) Software Development Engineer @ - Re-engineered a component for the Test Services team that manages the physical and virtual test devices, consisting of a SQL Server 2012 database, WCF web service, and WPF UI tool.
- Extended a WCF web service and WPF UI tool for managing the automated system that schedules test passes post build completion.
- Designed a permissions-based server API using C# and WebAPI for a front-end web UI tool currently used by leads and managers across the Windows Phone division for managing builds, tests, and code integrations.
- Coordinated with the test team to increase unit test coverage for our components and integrate them into the automated system to be run daily.
- Actively participated in requirements gathering meetings, leading the user experience and user interface discussions for our client-facing projects. From June 2012 to July 2014 (2 years 2 months) Redmond, WashingtoniOS Freelance Contractor @ - Lead development on the Quilt social networking iOS app, redesigning the original prototype, extending features and improving performance.
- Leveraged multi-threaded Core Data, Grand Central Dispatch, and UITableViews to asynchronously download data from the server, save to the database in the background, and update the UI without any noticeable performance degradation. From November 2011 to June 2012 (8 months) Gainesville, Florida AreaFreelance iPhone Developer @ - Developed a Universal iOS app called “Formulus Free - Formulas for Calculus,” a calculus study guide app that exceeded 250,000 downloads.
- Worked with a client at the University of the Pacific, in California, to develop “CarbonFootprint,” an app that allows the user to calculate their carbon footprint based on a number of daily life factors. From October 2008 to June 2012 (3 years 9 months) Gainesville, Florida AreaDMT Systems Integration & Test Intern @ - Increased developer productivity by leveraging Python, Bash, and Windows Batch scripts to automate developer tasks, including SVN post-commit hooks to resolve bugs upon check-in.
- Fixed bugs on the .NET 2.0 application “Einstein,” a tool used for establishing secure data connections.
- Gained experience with working in a corporate environment, pair programming, code reviews, and an agile development cycle. From May 2011 to August 2011 (4 months) Orlando, Florida AreaiPhone Developer @ - Developed an educational data collection iPhone app, which allows observers to record and evaluate their observations about the effectiveness of a specific learning environment.
- Leveraged Core Data and JSON to allow users to upload data sets to a central server. From September 2010 to May 2011 (9 months) Gainesville, Florida AreaiOS Developer Intern @ - Developed the “TutoringZone” iPhone app, which allows users to view taped tutor review sessions, find their classes with the campus map, and keep up with campus news with the built-in custom RSS reader. From May 2010 to August 2010 (4 months) Gainesville, Florida Area
Bachelor's Degree, Computer Science @ University of Florida From 2008 to 2012 Daniel Byon is skilled in: iOS development, iPhone Application Development, iOS, iPhone, iPad, Objective-C, C#, Visual C#, C# 4.0, WPF Development, WCF Services, Microsoft SQL Server, SQL Server Management Studio, SQLite, Programming, iOS Development
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension