Ambitious and a highly driven software engineer with wealth of technical and business skills, and a passion for technology and providing clients with innovative solutions that meet their needs. I have good knowledge of computer science principles and experience in all areas of the software development life-cycle with focus on requirement elicitation, development, and implementation. I also
Ambitious and a highly driven software engineer with wealth of technical and business skills, and a passion for technology and providing clients with innovative solutions that meet their needs. I have good knowledge of computer science principles and experience in all areas of the software development life-cycle with focus on requirement elicitation, development, and implementation. I also have good oral and written communication skills
Developer @ Responsibilities are:
- Working in close collaboration with the clients to come up with innovative solutions to items prioritised on their constantly expanding product backlog.
- Responsible for the full development lifecycle
- Working on a variation of technology including SQL, MVC, Web forms, SSIS, SharePoint and SharePoint add-ins (formerly known as apps) From October 2012 to Present (3 years 3 months) York, United KingdomSoftware Developer @ PEGASUS FS is an established export/import company. Success and expansion of the business required fast and efficient ways of handling day-to-day business transactions. As a contracted software developer, I purposely designed a number of software programs to run alongside Quickbooks, the company's preferred accounting solution.
My main responsibilities are to:
- Combine my knowledge with creative and strategic thinking to implement applications using the .Net Framework designed to work in conjunction with Intuit Quickbooks Accounting Software and to add much needed functionality.
- Manage all IT resources and design posters and brochures to contribute to business expansion.
- In addition to day-to-day IT management, I interact and work closely with my colleagues as part of a small team to improve the company website in a client-centred way.
- Train, support and supervise other member's of staff to use in-house developed software. This requires communication using a non-technical language, patience and understanding of people's various levels of IT literacy to present my work as well as identify and meet user's requirements.
I quickly achieved an excellent understanding of the working of Quickbooks as well as OO programming in .Net and familiarised myself with XML. Due to the number of concurrent projects that I am actively working on, I constantly employ my organisational skills to prioritise the workload whilst maintaining attention to details. This often involves working under pressure and to tight deadlines to meet client's needs. From July 2012 to October 2012 (4 months) Website Administrator @ The university has been recognised as one of the top 100 universities in the world with outstanding results in research and teaching. The Department of Social Policy and Social Work is one of the leading UK centres for teaching and research and professional development for public managers
My responsibilities as a website administrator entitle:
- To update the department medical tourism research website with new contents, which is PHP/CSS based on an underlining MySQL database.
- To find of ways to optimise the website for better performance.
To fulfil my role I must keep up-to-date with latest web technology developments and integrate them with the existing web services for better performance and outlook. I lease with the department staff to collect feedback that I use to improve existing and add new contents. From May 2012 to October 2012 (6 months) IT Assistant Intern @ The Port Authority of Douala is a large governmental organisation in charge of all maritime ports of the country. They have offices in different areas of the country as well as abroad and employ over 20000 people.
As an intern, I had the opportunity to work on a large in house IT project. My responsibilities were to:
- Assist with IT related issues.
- Participate in development of in house software using .Net environment. For instance, a payroll and staff management that is used across departments in the whole company.
- Keep track of inventory, more specifically check the movement of IT infrastructures within the organisation.
- Produce documentations showing the planning phases of the solution.
This required me to be organised, fast, and polite, and work as a team. From July 2009 to August 2009 (2 months)
MSc, Computer Science @ University of York From 2010 to 2011 BSc, Computer Science @ The University of Hull From 2007 to 2010 Dahirou Samir is skilled in: .NET, Software Engineering, Computer Science, C#, Web Services, Concurrent Programming, SQL, Management, SharePoint, MVC, PHP4/5, Formal Methods, Concurrency, SSIS, Java
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension