College Parallel Program @
Rockingham Community College
Plant Manager @ Lead a 120-plus employee team (13) salary processing 3.5 - 5 million pounds of milk each day into milk powder, condensed skim milk, cream and butter. From June 2014 to Present (1 year 7 months) Plant Packaging and Manufacturing Manager @ Procomac aseptic bottling experience, injection bottle molding, membrane filtration and separator experience for
Plant Manager @ Lead a 120-plus employee team (13) salary processing 3.5 - 5 million pounds of milk each day into milk powder, condensed skim milk, cream and butter. From June 2014 to Present (1 year 7 months) Plant Packaging and Manufacturing Manager @ Procomac aseptic bottling experience, injection bottle molding, membrane filtration and separator experience for an enhanced milk protein product. Started up plant and commissioned equipment. From May 2013 to Present (2 years 8 months) Springfield Startup Manager @ • Manage the consolidation activities of two existing “ready to eat” Cereal manufacturing sites into one $140MM state of the art facility, creating the 3rd largest Nestle Cereal manufacturing site in the world.
• Manage quality, safety, customer service, cost and the development of 6 salaried employees and 70 hourly production operators in a “ready to eat” Cereal 24 / 5 Business Unit.
• Continuous Improvement, NCE, LEAN & TPM Activities
• Cleaning and sanitation specifications and validation
• Microbiological validation
• Implementation of Nestlé Quality Systems (GMP’s, HACCP, QMS)
• Implementation of production standards for determination of efficiencies and performance
• Identify and support process improvements and operations cost saving initiatives.
• Develop annual budget and update capacity utilization calculation based on demonstrated throughput From June 2011 to May 2013 (2 years) Aseptic Business Unit Manager @ Business Unit Manager for an aseptic puree line. Managed (6) salary & ~110 hourly employees. 24/7 operation. Very familiar with NCE "Netsle Continuing Excellence tools & concepts. Pilot line for TPM. Supported Plant ISO certification. From April 2010 to June 2011 (1 year 3 months) Infant Cereal Business Unit Manager @ Manager of a "Ready to Eat" Infant Cereal Department. Managed (4) salary & ~40 non-salary personnel. Experienced in roller drying and High Hygiene enviroments and zoning. From January 2005 to February 2009 (4 years 2 months) Project Manager / Technical Leader @ • Process & controls leader for appropriation level projects in the deodorant making & packing areas. Initiated and led effort standardizing controls and communication protocols to reduce cost and minimize technical expertise requirements, while reapplying proven technologies. Experience writing User Requirement Documents, Design Basis and equipment specifications for equipment vendors
• Leader for Deodorant Making technical group with responsibilities for quarterly & annual peer reviews
• Deodorant Making Operations leader for the module/plant
• Responsible for development of technicians in the making area, including work and development plans. Mentor to technical team members
• Responsible for developing required skill matrix for department, flagging minimum technical skills necessary to meet base business needs. Developed and implemented countermeasures to close skill gaps in process areas.
• Key member in developing Department operations budgets
• Key member in developing Operations Model for Deodorants Making
• Implemented and applied Total Quality Management strategies for department
• Construction interface for making & packing areas, coordinating construction and maintenance downtime activities with logistics’ inventory needs
• Capital and project manager for projects ranged $50K to $1.5MM
• Delivery leader for both making and packing operations when the Roll-On deodorant business was relocated from the Cincinnati plant to GBO in 1988. Electrical leader for the Roll-On packing line consolidation project, changing the existing system from (2) dedicated lines to a single line with quick changeover capability, using a standard casepacker across all deodorant packing lines for the module
• Change Management leader for the module/plant (Change Control and validations) From June 1981 to January 2005 (23 years 8 months)
Bachelor of Science (BS), History with a concentration in Public Administration @ Appalachian State University From 1978 to 1980 College Parallel Program @ Rockingham Community College From 1976 to 1978 Colt Johnson is skilled in: Food, Food Industry, Food Safety, Shopper Marketing, Customer Insight, SAP, Food Processing, Brand Management, Forecasting
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension