Senior Software Engineer @ Samsung Electronics Research Institute
Mathematics, Further Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry (A-Levels) @
Highly diverse software developer, very strong in virtually all areas. Strong Math/Physics/Logic/Algorithimic background, with good sense of artistic/creative element. Very fast typist, and quick thinker, enabling rapid production of highly complex and original software. A jack of all trades, a master of many. If you're looking for a one man hit job. Quick, clean, of the highest
Highly diverse software developer, very strong in virtually all areas. Strong Math/Physics/Logic/Algorithimic background, with good sense of artistic/creative element. Very fast typist, and quick thinker, enabling rapid production of highly complex and original software. A jack of all trades, a master of many. If you're looking for a one man hit job. Quick, clean, of the highest quality, mission impossible projects. Then you've landed at the right profile. 'Can Do' attitude. Never failed to meet project requirements.
Portfolio: http://www.memirsoftware.com/_index.php (old site)
Internet (Flash/Java), Standalone (C++/Java/Assembly), Console (C++/Assembly) and Mobile Device (Java/C++/Objective C/Assembly) developer.
• 15 Years C/C++ (STL, Boost, Expert)
• 5 Years Assembly (MIPS R4300-N64, SX uController, P-Chip Parallax.com, x86, 6502, 68000, Expert)
• 5 Years PHP (Expert)
• 5 Years MySQL (Advanced)
• 5 Years Photoshop, 3DS Max. (Advanced)
• 3 Years Flash, AS2, AS3 (Expert)
• 3 Years Java (Advanced)
• 2 Years C# .NET (Advanced)
• 2 Years Shaders (GLSL Advanced)
• 1 Year Ruby, VB, Delphi
• 1 Year Objective C/C++/OpenGL ES (Advanced) [iPhone]
• APIs: (MFC, Direct X, Open GL&GLUT, Box2D, Facebook)
• Comms Protocols: (Advanced Winsock/Linux Sockets/DirectPlay using UDP, TCP/IP modes. TCP/IP Protocols: HTTP, FTP, SMTP, POP Mail, RTMP. (I have intimate knowledge about these request/response protocols, authentication/headers etc.)
• File-Formats: .BMP, .PCX, .GIF, .PNG, V64, .ASE, .SWF, .FLV, .MOD, .WAV. (I have intimate knowledge about at binary level i.e. the formats/tags/chunks/(de)compression algorithims.)
• Version Control: (WinCVS, Subversion SVN, Source Safe, Git)
• Target Platforms: MS DOS, Windows 3.x/9x/ME/XP/Vista/7, Linux, Gameboy Color, Gameboy Advance, N64, X Gamestation Pico/Micro/Hydra, Palm, Mophun, Web supporting devices.
Software Developer @ C++ UI Developer (QT Cascades - Blackberry) From June 2015 to Present (7 months) London, United KingdomSoftware Developer @ STB (Set Top Box) UI development. Using QT, OpenGL, C++, TDD under Agile/Scrum development environment. From August 2013 to June 2015 (1 year 11 months) Senior Software Engineer @ UI/Graphics Engine Development (C++/STL/Boost/OpenGL ES/Shader Programming) From February 2012 to August 2013 (1 year 7 months) Software Developer @ Prototyping and Developing High-Performance Video Camera Software for the OneCam - http://www.one-cam.com/ used in the movie "Under The Skin". (C++/GLUT/Windows GDI 64-bit Multithreaded programming/Image Processing/Lots of optimisation) From August 2011 to November 2011 (4 months) London, United KingdomiPhone Developer @ Designed, developed and released an iPhone game based on the classic Lemmings with a twist (see App Store: Turtle Trench Lite - http://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/turtle-trench-lite/id447579919?mt=8).
Skills: C++, Objective C, OpenGL ES, Adobe Photoshop. From February 2011 to July 2011 (6 months) London, United KingdomSoftware Developer @ AS3 Flash Game Programmer, and C# .NET / Direct X Programmer for Nissan O2 Experience project. From July 2010 to February 2011 (8 months) Flash Developer @ AS3 Flash Developer. From September 2010 to September 2010 (1 month) Software Developer @ Lead Tech. Developer (AS3, PHP, HTML, MySQL). Innovative web Video/Advertising solutions. From April 2010 to July 2010 (4 months) Software Developer @ Developed various prototype games for Flash/Facebook, and production version for Facebook. From March 2009 to February 2010 (1 year) Flash Developer @ AS3 Flash Developer at OgilvyOne (10 Cabot Square).
- Univer OMO 'dailysmudge' Widget (AS3 Embed/Air app, Yahoo Weather API, Google maps API) - http://omo.ogilvyeurope.com/download/
- Development of 3-Synchronized banner for BP (AS3, Eyeblaster, Heavily modified APE)
- Rebuilt IBM SOA (AS3) - http://www-01.ibm.com/software/uk/itsolutions/soa/route-planner/
- Fixed, redeveloped various projects. From October 2008 to March 2009 (6 months) Flash Developer @ My responsibilities were to churn out top quality and original Flash micro-sites and banners. For instance, picture an interactive 3-banner (skyscraper, leaderboard, and MPU) appearing on the same page, with an APE/Box2D powered driving game that crawls between banners, sound cool? From 2008 to 2009 (1 year) Flash Developer (RIA) @ AS3 Flash Developer at LBi (Brick lane)
Developed numerous games in Direct X and Open GL for the Windows Platform using Visual Studio (many of which are available on www.memirsoftware.com, as well as www.thesnookerclub.com, www.thepoolclub.com and www.playonlinesoccer.com)
Developed games and graphics kernel technology for Xtreme Game Station Hydra Console. (www.xgamestation.com), in Proppeller-Chip (PChip) Assembly (www.parallax.com), a parallel processing system-on-chip architecture.
Developed N64 side scrolling break out game, Dexanoid. Using GNU C/PsyQ DevKit. From January 2000 to June 2006 (6 years 6 months) C Programmer (Gameboy Advance) @ Lead programmer for Gameboy Advance title. Space Cadets, an up to 4-player multiplayer shoot'em'up game, pushing the hardware to the limits. From June 2001 to September 2001 (4 months)
BEng, Micro Electronic Engineering @ Brunel University London From 2000 to 2003 Mathematics, Further Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry (A-Levels) @ Harrow College From 1998 to 2000 Colin Phillips is skilled in: Platform Development, OpenGL ES, C++, Flash, PHP, Java, MySQL, Linux, ActionScript, User Experience, Git, SEO, Mobile Devices, Programming, User Interface