Systems Engineer Manager Federal / Texas / Latin America @ Documentum
Global Systems Engineering Sr. Director @ EMC
Vice President of Worldwide Systems Engineering @ From January 2015 to Present (10 months) Washington D.C. Metro AreaSales Enablement Leader - Cloud Security @ From June 2014 to January 2015 (8 months) Washington D.C. Metro AreaGlobal Presales Vice President @ Provide consistent practices, standards and methodology to a global team. Partner with product engineering to establish upcoming
Vice President of Worldwide Systems Engineering @ From January 2015 to Present (10 months) Washington D.C. Metro AreaSales Enablement Leader - Cloud Security @ From June 2014 to January 2015 (8 months) Washington D.C. Metro AreaGlobal Presales Vice President @ Provide consistent practices, standards and methodology to a global team. Partner with product engineering to establish upcoming product releases. Lead 225+ pre-sales system engineers globally and 12 direct reports. Lead sales-strategy sessions. Work with training teams to create pre-sales-specific courses. Responsible for integrating teams and assets of 5 acquired companies into the EMC portfolio.
• Created and standardized technical sales processes and procedures; led the change from focus on IT only to include Line of Business; drove value based selling across sales and pre sales by creating ROI centric training and accreditation programs; expanded group’s charter from pure technology focused SEs to include industry experts across all focus verticals; formed a team of experts (Strategic Pursuit Team) to focus on our most important customers and prospects; championed a standard process of handing over a customer to Professional Services once the pre sales portion of the opportunity ended
• Conduct quarterly Win/Loss reviews; leverage the data to create deal trends tools for the field which included competitive, industry, use case, and partnership information; developed technical advantage tools to accelerate the sales cycle
• Mange hosted demo environment which provides the team access to all product demonstrations via a cloud based solution; the system is now expanded to support all divisions of EMC across 70,000 employees from 3000 IIG employees; expanded system to include EMC partner use of the demo cloud saving 25M+ in cost to deploy hardware to partners
• Manage team of individuals responsible for all activities that enable our partner teams to be successful; participate in Partner Advisory Board; led creation of partner application certification program
• Leading a team of dedicated to a SaaS based sync and share tool; create best practices for internal use of the new tool; design new methods to showcase demos of Syncplicity and SaaS offerings. From April 2014 to June 2014 (3 months) Washington D.C. Metro AreaGlobal Systems Engineering Sr. Director @ Provide consistent best practices, standards and methodology to a global team while driving product sales. Communicate with new and existing clients regarding hot issues, analyze their remarks and define tailored solutions. Partner with product engineering to establish upcoming product releases. Lead 250 pre-sales system engineers globally and 8 direct reports. Drive sales-strategy sessions while advising sales teams on account tactics. Liaise with training teams to create pre-sales-specific courses.
EMC/Documentum From April 2008 to April 2014 (6 years 1 month) Director Field Operations APJ @ Based in Hong Kong, led field operations in Asia and the Pacific, developing field sales accreditation for account managers and system engineers across the region. Fostered sales-team growth, building the team from 10 to 40 pre-sales engineers in 2006 and from 40 to 70 members in 2007. Managed 3 regional managers, 2 regional team leaders and 70 contributors.
• Developed and led product based accreditations for sales and pre-sales across APJ taking into account the different go to market for each region/country; created accreditation and certification for partners.
• Worked with EMC leadership designing go-to-market for our products and solutions in each region/country; interviewed, selected and trained partners in both delivery and sales;
• Continually interfaced with product management ensuring the unique needs of the APJ region were taken into consideration; lead and facilitated localization discussion with partners, customers and prospects
• Created sales plays that encompass both product sales and delivery with our Professional Services.
• Reached 110% of quota in 2006 and attained 50% year-over-year growth in sales.
• Achieved 40% year-over-year sales growth in 2007. From 2006 to 2008 (2 years) Hong KongSystems Engineer Manager Enterprise East @ Based in Washington, DC, focused on closing technical sales with Fortune 100 companies. Established training programs to boost team technical strength while analyzing competitors and trends to develop new sales strategies. Partnered with engineering to focus on emerging’s technologies. Rebuilt the Enterprise East team, growing staff from 7 to 15
• Reached 110% of quota.
• Closed 6 7-figure deals in 2004, achieving the top sales region worldwide.
• Honored with Global Systems Engineer Manager of the Year in 2005 and Club Excellence Award in 2005
• Doubled size of team analyze competition and current market trends to create tech sales strategies
• Advised PS on internal and external process changes to increase and expedite sales From 2004 to 2006 (2 years) Washington D.C. Metro AreaSystems Engineer Manager Federal / Texas / Latin America @ Spearheaded technical sales for each deal covered by regional account managers while managing daily operations. Charged with reinvigorating the struggling Federal Business. Supervised 13 pre-sales engineers while leading the integration of sales teams in Latin America and Texas and adding additional personnel. Established company as a major force in Latin America, gaining several large bids and brand recognition.
• Attained the Federal Business quota in 2004 after turning around ailing business segment.
• Established a technical-training program for the pre-sales team in Federal Business.
• Received Club Excellence Award in 2004. From 2004 to 2004 (less than a year) Houston, Texas AreaSystems Engineer Manager Collaboration @ Oversaw pre-sale resources for the Americas while integrating pre-sale segments of Documentum and eRoom, an acquired company. Provided value for the company’s acquisition by fostering increased sales. Originated training plans and facilitated 1-on-1 mentoring sessions to further integrate sales associates from both companies. Partnered with engineering teams to streamline the 2 companies’ products into an improved collaborative value for clients. Managed 14 direct reports divided among multiple national locations. From 2002 to 2003 (1 year) Houston, Texas AreaSenior Systems Engineer @ Performed needs-analysis of clients’ engineering data management requirements, analyzed the results and originated tailored solutions to their challenges utilizing company software products. Liaised with customers to ascertain their needs and communicated project technical details through presentations and demonstrations. Installed software at client locations as needed.
• Attained $4 million in revenue in 2001 and $5.5 million in 2002 while contributing to more than $20 million in closed business.
• Executed a successful turnaround of a 4-state region that was falling behind in sales.
• Received multiple awards, including Club Excellence in 2001, Systems Engineer of the Year U.S. in 2002, Systems
Engineer of the Year Worldwide in 2002 and Club Excellence in 2002. From 2000 to 2002 (2 years) Houston, Texas Areasales @ Technical Sales Representative: Established technical sales strategies for potential clients and performed as a leader for the in- house software design team. Partnered with customers to pinpoint product strengths and weaknesses, analyzed the information and reported the results to the design team to implement the product updates. Communicated with clients regarding projects, including delivering status briefings and presentations. Attended product demonstrations and technical discussions while managing a small team. Led training sessions of internal technical-support personnel. Deployed software at Merck and DuPont to support multimillion-dollar engineering projects. From 1999 to 2000 (1 year) Houston, Texas AreaSenior Applications Engineer @ • Automated creation of instrumentation specification datasheets and instrumentation drawings; lowered time to create loop diagrams from 3-6 hours to 1-2 hours by creating automated programs to generate both AutoCAD and Microstation drawings; created applications using Oracle forms used to generate database driven spec sheets
• Supported Merck and DuPont in the use of our IT applications; hired and trained a call center team in support of Merck and DuPont; hired and trained a team of professionals responsible for training Merck and DuPont on Kvaerner applications
• Documentum Administrator responsible for procurement of hardware, installation and maintenance of software, helpdesk, and end user training. From 1995 to 1999 (4 years) Houston, Texas AreaSenior Instrumentation Designer @ Created drawings used in construction of oil/gas and chemical plants by utilizing 2D/3D CAD packages, designed and coded multiple applications to boost output. Traveled internationally with applications-design teams to repackage applications for global-office use.
• Proficient in AutoCAD and Microstation 2D CAD packages; proficient in Intergraph and Aveeva (CadCentre) 3D
plant design tools; proficient in C, C++, Assembler, Visual Basic, Oracle Forms, AutoLisp, Java, ...
• Tasked with creating 2D and 3D Instrumentation diagrams used to build and maintain Oil&Gas / Chemical plants
• Designed applications to port database data from legacy mainframe to PC based DBII From 1988 to 1995 (7 years) Houston, Texas Area
Brad Arnold is skilled in: Enterprise Software, Enterprise Content..., SaaS, Cloud Computing, Virtualization, Pre-sales, Documentum, Solution Selling, Document Management, Solution Architecture, Enterprise Architecture, Integration, Captiva, Requirements Analysis, Management, Security, Data Center, SDLC, SharePoint
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension