Corporate Project Control Analyst @ From March 2013 to Present (2 years 10 months) Project Controller III/Sr. @ Provided project control to multiple contracts in excess of $45M. Provide financial analysis, budgeting, scheduling and reporting; apply and report EVM metrics; maintaining customer reports; performing Estimates at Completion (EAC) for purpose of Revenue Recognition and project management; determining
Corporate Project Control Analyst @ From March 2013 to Present (2 years 10 months) Project Controller III/Sr. @ Provided project control to multiple contracts in excess of $45M. Provide financial analysis, budgeting, scheduling and reporting; apply and report EVM metrics; maintaining customer reports; performing Estimates at Completion (EAC) for purpose of Revenue Recognition and project management; determining financial trends and burn rates; overall financial management of most contract types (FFP, FPLOE, CPFF, CPAF, T&M, and CPLOE).•Performed role as financial liaison between A/R, A/P, Sr Management, Project Control Management, Subcontracts, Subcontractors, Task Leads, Contracts, Accounting Staff, SOX Compliance Officer, Internal Auditors, and External Auditors. •Provide analytical & technical guidance to project team, focus on the project financial management. Provide guidance and approval of invoice preparation and management of cash receipts, and project cashflow. •Manage the assimilation of Subcontractor efforts and deliverables, including performing internal accruals.•Provide an interface with all areas of the project including subcontractors, vendors, and most importantly the customer, and ensuring exemplary client service to the end-user. •Develop Resource Loaded Networks (RLNs), implement Earned Value methodologies, and perform related variance analyses.•Actively participate in new business proposals, providing input and cost volume management.•Assist in determining appropriate project structure setup and utilization of Project Labor Categories. Ensuring labor category certifications are accurate and fully approved by management.•Performing projection analysis of cash flow and profitability for projects. •Develop and manage resource plans, schedules, EACs (Estimates At Completion), financial status reports.•Conduct periodic project meetings; reviewing the project’s schedule and financial performance. •Utilize my working knowledge of standards and policies, which include, but are not limited to: GAAP, FAR, CAS, and SAIC financial instructions From April 2009 to March 2013 (4 years) Project Accountant @ • Performed conversion activities necessary during accounting system conversion from SAP to Deltek’s Costpoint accounting system.
• Apply contractual understanding of project requirements in order to support specific costpoint structure. This includes revenue recognition and billing capabilities.
• Manage direct project’s accounting and structure lifecycle, in regards to structure, setup, maintenance, and close out processes.
• Ensure all contracts are meeting corporate CFI requirements.
• Lead kick-off meetings and communication among functional area support, in order to communicate contract requirements and/or concerns.
• Perform diligent contract reviews prior to project setup to ensure internal reporting, billing, SOX, and contractual requirements are met.
• Acquire contract back-up documentation, as needed, to justify project structures.
• Perform project set-up for complex manufacturing projects, including common-inventory, direct-inventory, and work-in-process projects. Determined and applied appropriate COGS formula, based on the contract scheme.Determine inventory abbreviations and sales group abbreviations.
• Analyze cost and billing issues that arise among direct projects, and determine the appropriate remedy.
• Participated in development, testing, and integration of the online setup checklist, utilized by the PA community.
• Process approved revenue adjustments and funding distributions as part of the direct project maintenance. From August 2007 to April 2009 (1 year 9 months) Financial Controller @ • Prepared SOX quarterly reporting, including: balance sheet reconciliation, backlog and Risk (SPA) reconciliation reporting, Service Center analysis, unbilled reconciliation, and pre-paid reconciliation.
• Prepare and submit quarterly financial performance memos to Group manager, including: profit analysis, accrual analysis, overhead cost details, and training cost analysis.
• Responsible for annual VA Business License reporting, sales by state reporting, and fixed asset inventory reconciliation.
• Participated in high level internal and external SOX audits.
• Perform sales analysis, which includes: monitoring and approving completed Estimates-At-Completions, recording sales and review A/R information in regards to sales recognition.
• Provide DWC (days working capital) and unbilled A/R analysis through understanding content, resolving issues, proactively working alongside A/R staff to ensure proper billing and payments were applied, and ensure proper revenue recognition.
• Responsible for revenue recognition accuracy and methodology, in addition to cost accuracy – direct and indirect.
• Prepared periodic PA reporting package and financial memo including: stoplight chart and highlights for the Business Unit.
• Provided detailed costs analysis reports, timesold reports, and risk reports on a periodic schedule. These also included a written analysis of performance.
• Monitor and clearing of direct, indirect, and labor suspense amounts. Also included performing any Balance Forward entries as needed. From July 2004 to August 2007 (3 years 2 months)
Bachelor's, Accounting @ George Mason University - School of Business From 1998 to 2005 Chantilly Andrea Laigle is skilled in: Costpoint, Cost Accounting, Financial Analysis, Financial Reporting, Government Contracting, Earned Value Management, MS Project, WBS, Project Management, Hyperion, Hyperion Enterprise, Revenue Recognition, FAR, Variance Analysis, Cost Benefit
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension