International Citizen Service Team Leader (Voluntary Full Time) @ Raleigh International India
A-Levels: Mathematics, Desgin Technology, Physics, Art, (A, A, B, B respectively) @
Scarborough Sixth Form College
I possess five years construction experience with a main contractor in site engineering and design management, alongside one years consultancy experience in civil infrastructure design. I have benefitted from working in a range of project sectors including residential, government assets, commercial and education. I have a solid academic background in structural engineering and architecture and aim to
I possess five years construction experience with a main contractor in site engineering and design management, alongside one years consultancy experience in civil infrastructure design. I have benefitted from working in a range of project sectors including residential, government assets, commercial and education. I have a solid academic background in structural engineering and architecture and aim to sit professional review with the Institution of Civil Engineers in Autumn 2016. I currently support Engineers Without Borders UK (EWB-UK) as Regional Partnerships Coordinator for Asia, and previously on the London Professional Network Team. I have also gained practical experience on a 3 month sanitation and hygiene project in rural India.
Engineer and Design Manager @ Bloomberg European Headquarters, London - Engineer: April ’15 - Present.
De Vere Gardens, London – Design Manager: Jun'11 - Jan'14
High end residential design and build (D&B) project (£230M)
- Manage the design of structural/civil works packages including the concrete frame, structural steel and landscaping packages, through the design stage to procurement and construction.
- Monitor design progress against programme and upcoming works on site, formulation of remedial measures where needed and liaising with the design and site team to ensure construction works are not delayed.
- Develop solutions to problems, implement, and evaluate their effectiveness.
- Provide construction input into design workshops: ensure issues are resolved on time and within budget, narrowing the gap between the design and construction teams.
Newcastle Tender Department: Jan’11-May ‘11
- Responsible for the graphic presentation of tender submissions, utilizing creative instinct to produce appealing and professional proposals.
- Fully compiled 4 tender submissions for the North East region, 3 of which were successfully won.
Kenton School and Walker Technology College, Newcastle – Site Engineer: Sep ’09-Dec ‘10
‘Building Schools for the future’ (BSF), (£45M and £30M).
- Responsible for works in a sectional area: review progress against programme and liaise with subcontractors regarding labour, plant and material requirements for upcoming works.
- Perform surveillance and quality management tasks.
- Dimensional control of site activities and external works: successfully established and implemented accurate site controls.
- Supervised various trades, including concrete pours and internal finishes.
- Materials take-offs including rebar and concrete.
- Promote a positive health and safety culture with regular health and safety surveillances and always leading by example.
-Review of method statements and risk assessments. From September 2009 to Present (6 years 4 months) Civil Engineer (Secondee) @ Civil Engineer: Government Asset Relocation Project: July ’14 – March '15
- Design and coordination of bulk excavation, pavement construction, surface water drainage systems (including SUDS), foul water drainage and utilities.
- Complex site including steep gradients and security constraints.
- Development of the design including swept path analysis, disabled access requirements and value engineering exercises.
- Management of the Health and Safety Design Risk Register
Project Management Assistant: Brent Cross Highway Development: Jun ’14
- Development of the project risk management plan, delivery plan and value management plan.
Civil Engineer: Central Bedfordshire College: May’14
- Responsible for the scheme design of the road layout and surface water drainage. From April 2014 to March 2015 (1 year) London, United KingdomInternational Citizen Service Team Leader (Voluntary Full Time) @ - Manage team of 5 UK and 5 Indian 18-25 year olds, alongside another Indian team leader, on WASH project in, Beerathamanalli Hadi, a tribal village in rural Karnataka, India.
- Overall responsibility for the success of the project; activities included participatory rural appraisal (PRA), health awareness raising and construction of leech pit toilets.
- Quickly create rapport with the project partner, MYKAPS, and work with them to ensure the successful delivery of the project. This required a high level of interpersonal skills to be able to listen, empathise and work with individuals from a variety of backgrounds.
- Support volunteers in their individual roles as team ‘committee’ leaders and work with them to solve problems.
- Experience of living in a remote and culturally different environment.
- Create good working and personal relationships with the team while living in 1 room shared accommodation, for extended periods of time. From January 2014 to March 2014 (3 months) Bengaluru Area, IndiaSponsored Student and Summer Placement Experience @ Site Engineering experience on various 'Building Schools for the Future' (BSF) projects in Newcastle. From September 2005 to August 2009 (4 years)
MEng Structural Engineering and Architecture, 2:1 @ The University of Sheffield From 2005 to 2009 A-Levels: Mathematics, Desgin Technology, Physics, Art, (A, A, B, B respectively) @ Scarborough Sixth Form College From 2003 to 2005 Amy Green is skilled in: Design Management, Multi-Cultural Team Leadership, Youth Leadership, Highly self-motivated, Civil Engineering, Structural Engineering, Work Package Management, Social Skills, Interpersonal Communication Abilities, Adaptability, Team Organisation, Site Engineering, Construction, AutoCAD, Construction Management, Microdrainage
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension