Client Success Director @ The Brilliant Balance Company
President @ AHhh Brand Strategy Consulting, LLC
Brand Director, North America Feminine Care @ Proctor & Gamble
Experienced marketer and brand-builder with over 15 years experience at Procter & Gamble, including responsibilities in equity and advertising as well as local marketing and customer partnerships while managing a P&L. Experience also includes people management and talent development, as well as leading diverse commercial and agency teams to set a vision, strategy, and execute a winning
Experienced marketer and brand-builder with over 15 years experience at Procter & Gamble, including responsibilities in equity and advertising as well as local marketing and customer partnerships while managing a P&L. Experience also includes people management and talent development, as well as leading diverse commercial and agency teams to set a vision, strategy, and execute a winning in-market plan. Specific strengths in problem solving, facilitating strategy and business planning, and collaborating, and above all enjoy helping individuals.
Brand Director, North America Feminine Care @ Responsible for the P&L for 2 brands worth over $1 billion and 15 employees across several functions From June 2014 to Present (1 year 5 months) Cincinnati AreaGlobal Marketing Director, Tampax @ Set strategy to return brand back to +3% growth following four years of decline, including first global strategy in three years, new equity positioning, new advertising campaign, and innovation plan that is expected to grow the brand +3%. From April 2013 to May 2014 (1 year 2 months) Cincinnati AreaAssociate Marketing Director, North America Olay @ Responsible for the P&L of a $1.1 billion brand and 20 direct reports
• Delivered record net sales on NA Olay ($1.1bn) and fastest growth rates in 4 years despite soft quarter prior to joining business, five-month stop sell on 15% of business and a major competitive entry. Additionally,
• Delivered new items at a 150 index vs. ingoing forecast targets, and had the #1 new item for the category in both new item windows amongst 75 new items.
• Led the profense plan against L’Oreal Youth Code, which resulted in Olay growing share +8% during their launch and L’Oreal delivering only 33% of the share they declared.
• Stepchanged NA Olay strategies to close over $30MM in innovation gaps for FY11/12.
• Led several “firsts” on the brand, including iconic promotions worth over $10 million in sales, a new mid-tier bodywash line that is expected to deliver over $5 million in sales, set the vision to overhaul the business model on Olay body to offset a -$22MM annual deficit, and a revamped media buying model that will enable the brand to reach +23 million more women with -$10 million less in spending.
• Enabled Brand Manager to revolutionize Olay digital, including:
• Accelerated facebook fans from 18,000 to +1,000,000; NA alone surpassed global goal for the FY
• Doubled e-commerce sales, delivered the #1 item in beauty on Amazon.com, and drove Amazon to #9 customer (from #17).
• Successfully promoted Brand Manager to Associate Marketing Director, promoted Assistant Brand Manager, secured a 1-rating for Brand Manager, hired 5 entry-level employees to the team, and managed performance gaps with 4 members of the team.
• Optimized marketing ratings process to involve all 60+ managers across 6 sites while simplifying participation in calibration day for over 200 marketers. Approach has been reapplied to remaining business units and across 5 levels. From September 2010 to March 2013 (2 years 7 months) Cincinnati AreaAssociate Marketing Director, Global Olay @ Responsible for developing leadership global equity, brand architecture, and marketing capability.
• Co-led new global strategy that is projected to deliver 7-10% sales growth and +30 million new consumers worldwide.
• Delivered leadership equity in 5 out of top 6 markets, including record equity in NA and equity growth in China (total of 65% of global sales). Also renewed brand’s global equity that led to new advertising campaign and new megabrand visual identity.
• Led rapid reapplication of Regenerist Micro-sculpting cream best practices across the 4 largest markets, leading to the initiative becoming the first $100 million sku in Olay’s portfolio. Additionally, Co-led global advertising synergies to deliver -$4 million in savings and -30% in global copy production expenses.
• Co-led global digital strategy that led to one common website (versus 25 originally) and -10% website cost reduction.
• Led “best ever” Beauty marketing personnel rating process. 100% of Beauty marketing performance summaries for FY07/08 completed and on time (inc. integration of Wella); hailed as best-ever calibration process by peers. Met ratings targets. From September 2008 to September 2010 (2 years 1 month) Cincinnati AreaBrand Manager, NA Pantene @ Responsible for profit and loss for North American (NA) Pantene premium, which represents $145 million in sales. From December 2005 to August 2008 (2 years 9 months) Brand Manager, NA Clairol Shopper Marketing @ Responsible for national merchandising plans and customer-specific in-store solutions for 17 brands within the Clairol portfolio. From August 2003 to November 2005 (2 years 4 months) Cincinnati AreaAssistant Brand Manager @ Responsible for marketing plans of the largest haircare brand and one of 11 billion dollar brands in P&G, including the development of marketing, advertising, media, and trade plans. From August 1999 to August 2003 (4 years 1 month)
Bachelor of Science (B.S.), Marketing, 3.95 @ Indiana University Bloomington From 1995 to 1999 Amanda Hill is skilled in: Brand Management, Shopper Marketing, Brand Architecture, People Development, Brand Equity, Advertising, Digital Marketing, Strategic Public..., Budget, Business Analysis, Sales Presentations, Customer Insight, Pricing Strategy, Sales, Marketing, Brand Awareness, Merchandising, Budgets, Customer Marketing, Product Innovation, Leadership, Product Marketing, Nielsen, Segmentation, Competitive Analysis, Trade Marketing, Integrated Marketing, Market Research, Marketing Strategy, Global Marketing, Market Planning, Consumer Insight, P&L Management, Cross-functional Team..., Marketing Research, FMCG, Market Analysis, Consumer Behaviour, Strategy, Brand Development, International Marketing
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension