Overview:Founded in 1960, The SK&A Group (SK&A) offers structural engineering services through two office locations: Smislova, Kehnemui & Associates in Potomac, Maryland (SK&A MD / a Maryland Small Business Reserve and Virginia Small/SWaM Business), and SK&A Structural Engineers in Washington, DC (SK&A DC / a DC Certified Business Enterprise). SK&A is experienced in providing a diverse range of structural design services for large mixed-use projects in urban environments including commercial, institutional, residential, retail, academic, government and parking facilities as well as the rehabilitation of existing buildings throughout the U.S. and internationally.
The SK&A Group’s construction inspection/materials testing branch, Eastern Testing and Inspection Corp. (ETI), provides field monitoring of structural construction work, and testing of construction materials by experienced, certified technicians. ETI is headquarterd in Potomac, MD and also has a testing laboratory in Ijamsville, MD.
Basic Structural Design Services Including
• Structural Analyses and Design
• Feasibility and Comparative Studies
• Value Engineering and Constructability Review
• Blast-Resistant Design
• Seismic Engineering
• Sustainable Design
• Structural Condition Surveys and Evaluation
• Façade Restoration and Repair
• Structural Strengthening
• Waterproofing and Roofing
• QC Inspection and Testing of Concrete, Steel and Masonry
• Nondestructive Testing of Welded and Bolted Connections
• Core Drilling of Concrete