Overview:Summit Learning is a personalized approach to teaching and learning inspired by the vision to equip every student to lead a fulfilled life.
Summit Learning was developed by Summit Public Schools over the course of 15 years, in partnership with nationally acclaimed learning scientists, researchers, and academics.
There are three pillars to the student experience;
- Project-based learning: students spend the majority of their time working alongside teachers and classmates on rich, real-world projects.
- One-on-one mentoring: students meet weekly with a mentor to ensure daily actions and progress align with long-term goals.
- Individualized pathways: students are empowered to set goals and deeply understand content by consuming it in a way that is best for them.
Students graduate school with the following outcomes;
- Cognitive skills: essential and transferable lifelong skills
- Content knowledge: understanding and application of fundamental content
- Habits of success: mindsets and behaviors that support well-being
- Sense of purpose: self-awareness and pursuit of interests and goals
Summit Learning provides a free program that gives schools the tools and resources to implement and tailor Summit Learning for their community.
The Summit Learning Program is available to any school and includes;
- Summit Learning Platform: a free online tool that supports a personalized approach to teaching and learning for students, teachers and families,
- Curricula and Assessments: standards aligned, customizable projects and content made by teacher, for teachers,
- Professional Development: in-person and on-demand professional development for Summit Learning educators,
- Support and Mentorship: ongoing support from the Summit Learning team, a dedicated mentor, and a nationwide community of Summit Learning educators.
We are currently seeking interested schools and districts who'd like to partner with us to bring personalized learning to their community.