Overview:The Society for Endocrinology is a UK- based membership organisation representing a global community of scientists, clinicians and nurses who work with hormones.
Since 1946, we have been a leading voice of endocrinology worldwide. Together we aim to improve public health by advancing scientific and clinical endocrine education and research.
We also seek to inspire informed health decisions by engaging educators, students, policy-makers, patients and the public with hormone science. Our ambition is to be a world-leading authority on hormones.
The Society's aims:
- To advance scientific and clinical education and research in endocrinology for the public benefit
- To attract high quality scientists, doctors and nurses into endocrinology and support their professional development to advance science and medicine
- To engage the public with endocrinology and its impact
- To raise the profile and be the voice of endocrinology in the UK
- To promote and support the global endocrine community through collaboration.
The Society is a not-for-profit organisation and a registered charity.
The Society also runs a public information website called You & Your Hormones: www.yourhormones.info