Overview:"SAHARA Petrochemicals" is a Saudi joint stock company established in 7th July 2004 with a paid up capital of SR 1.5 billion and later raised to be SR 4,387,950,000.
"SAHARA Petrochemicals" participates in the formation of some limited liability companies in Jubail Industrial City, as joint ventures with foreign partners who enjoy distinguished experiences and latest advanced technologies to produce and market primary materials like propylene, polypropylene and polyethylene.
• To invest in the industrial projects particularly chemical and petrochemical ones and to produce propylene, polypropylene, ethylene, polyethylene and other petrochemical and hydrocarbon based products.
• To own and execute projects necessary to supply the company with its own raw materials and utilities requirements.
• To acquire real estate and construct buildings and warehouses to stock and display the company’s products and for any other uses the Company may need in the manufacturing, stocking, selling and purchasing.
Factors That Helped Achieve The Company Objectives
• Saudi Government sponsorship and support of the industrial sector.
• Availability of essential raw materials; oil and gas, the backbone of petrochemical industries.
• The strategic location of the company near sources of energy, raw materials and logistic facilities.
Polypropylene: Polypropylene is mainly used in fiber, films and injection molding application.
- AL WAHA Petrochemicals Company (AL WAHA)
- Saudi Ethylene & Polyethylene Company (SEPC)
C- Raw Materials:
The main feedstock for AL WAHA's project is Propane which Saudi Aramco allocates 22,000 barrels per day.
"SAHARA Petrochemicals" started its initial operation in April 2009. A series of marketing plans and researches have been prepared and shall be adopted to market the company’s products.