Overview:Founded in 1953, Ruapehu Alpine lifts runs two of the largest ski areas in New Zealand, Whakapapa and Turoa. Both ski areas make up a staggering 1050 hectares of lift accessed terrain on the active volcano Mt Ruapehu. Located in the gorgeous dual world heritage Tongariro National Park, we have the highest lift access (2,322m) and the highest café in New Zealand, along with the longest vertical drop in Australasia (722m).
RAL's primary purpose is to promote mountain sports activities on Mt Ruapehu and to provide amenities for the sport and recreation users of the mountain. RAL’s core business occurs during winter months usually operating from mid to late June to the end of October with snow-related activities.
In addition to the winter operation RAL operates a Summer Magic programme which includes summer sightseeing and guided Crater Lake hikes.
Company Mission Statement
To provide maximum vertical fun – Mt Ruapehu - Your mountain!
Our company values represent what we believe in and provide the elements that we believe are most important in achieving our mission:
Around here we.............
• Are customer driven - Everything we do should benefit the customer in some way.
• Have fun - We are in the business of helping our customers have fun, and being a fun place to work.
• Keep each other safe - Safety is a priority for our customers and staff.
• Show respect - We show respect for each other, the World Heritage Area we work in and the Gift.
• Are passionate about what we do - We love our jobs, the mountain and our business and we want to share this with our customers.
• Walk the talk - We don’t just talk about it, we do it!
For information about job opportunities and to apply, go to our recruitment website: http://www.bfound.net/login.aspx?CoId=1993
Twitter: @MountRuapehu || Instagram: @mtruapehu ||