Overview:The Internal Revenue Service is the nation's tax collection agency and administers the Internal Revenue Code enacted by Congress. The IRS is a bureau of the Department of the Treasury and one of the world's most efficient tax administrators. In fiscal year 2012, the IRS collected more than $2.5 trillion in revenue and processed more than 237 million tax returns.
The IRS Mission is to provide America's taxpayers top quality service by helping them understand and meet their tax responsibilities and enforce the law with integrity and fairness to all.
This service is controlled and operated by a third party; it is not an official government website. The IRS does not keep or share any personally identifiable information provided through this service. The IRS strongly discourages you from providing sensitive personal information (i.e. your social security number or tax information) and will delete any comments containing such information without responding.
We reserve the right to delete certain posts including, but not limited to, those containing:
- Violent, obscene, profane, hateful, abusive or racist comments
- Comments that threaten or defame the reputation of any person or organization
- Advertisements or solicitations
- Comments that suggest or encourage illegal or improper activity
- Off-topic or repetitive posts such as spam
- Personal tax questions or personally identifiable information