Overview:At Edovo, our mission is to provide meaningful access to education and self-improvement tools that can unlock the potential of every person affected by incarceration.
Edovo has developed and sourced digital content to cover a range of educational, vocational, legal, and treatment needs of those incarcerated. To drive consistent engagement in programming, Edovo’s incentive-based structure allows users to be rewarded with access to entertainment.
We provide each facility with everything it needs to make the system work. Our platform can be rented to detainees and inmates for a low daily cost, or the tablets can be funded through facility/grant resources and provided to inmates free of charge. Edovo is secured with state-of-the-art technology.
Edovo reduces recidivism by catalyzing access to education and rehabilitation. Not only will Edovo better prepare inmates to get jobs and improve their well-being, but it will also allow them to continue their progress by providing post-release access to Edovo resources through any connected device.
Some background information:
• Over $74B is spent annually on jails and prisons at the county, state, and federal level
• An additional $175B is spent annually on the courts and police required to support jails and prisons
• More than 50% of those incarcerated will return to jail or prison after release
• Participation in educational programming reduces recidivism by 43%
• Investment of $1 in educational programming will save taxpayers $5