Overview:Our mission is to help everyone connected to incarceration build better lives.
Offering the largest library of educational, vocational and social-emotional learning programming in the industry, behavior management tools for facilities, and communication tools for incarcerated individuals, Edovo fosters a culture of rehabilitation while providing staff with the tools to streamline facility operations and engage their incarcerated population.
Edovo's unique incentive system uses entertainment as a motivator, and has led to an industry leading 80%+ week to week user engagement, more than double the industry average. Learners can take courses at their own pace, making the system ideal for all kinds of learning styles.
Edovo is committed to closing the programming gap behind bars, decreasing recidivism and improving opportunities for those who are affected by incarceration. We provide free access to meaningful education and increased communication with external support systems to better prepare incarcerated people for re-entry and improve public safety. Our goals are to reduce communication rates and fees across the industry, lower the national recidivism rate, make reentry easier on people who were incarcerated, and for every person who uses Edovo to be able to create opportunities for themselves and others.
Some background information:
• Over $80B is spent annually on jails and prisons at the county, state, and federal level
• An additional $175B is spent annually on the courts and police required to support jails and prisons
• More than 50% of those incarcerated will return to jail or prison after release
• Participation in educational programming reduces recidivism by 43%
• Incarcerated people who are able to connect with support networks while incarcerated have better success after being released.
• Investment of $1 in educational programming will save taxpayers $5