Overview:Arizona State University is ranked as one of the top 100 research universities in the world. Since 2002, the university's mission has been to create a new model for higher education in the United States, one that meets the challenges of the 21st century. This New American University is measured by who it includes, not who it excludes; pursues research and discovery that benefits the public good; and assumes major responsibility for the economic, social, and cultural vitality and health and well-being of the communities it serves.
Eight design aspirations guide ASU’s transformation.
1. Leverage Our Place - ASU embraces its cultural, socioeconomic and physical setting.
2. Transform Society - ASU catalyzes social change by being connected to social needs.
3. Value Entrepreneurship - ASU uses its knowledge and encourages innovation.
4. Conduct Use-Inspired Research - ASU research has purpose and impact.
5. Enable Student Success - ASU is committed to the success of each unique student.
6. Fuse Intellectual Disciplines - ASU creates knowledge by transcending academic disciplines.
7. Be Socially Embedded - ASU connects with communities through mutually beneficial partnerships.
8. Engage Globally - ASU engages with people and issues locally, nationally and internationally.