Overview:• Founded in 1948, The 57th Street Art Fair is the Midwest's first and oldest nonprofit, juried art fair devoted to original art.
• Some of Chicago’s most well-known artists received their start at the 57th Street Art Fair and still exhibit there today.
• 51 artists exhibited during the first year - today there are over 250 artist booths.
• In 1948 artists paid 50 cents to participate - today it is $275.
• The Art Fair is run by a small group of volunteers with no institutional support.
• Over the years the Art Fair has hosted exhibitors from all 50 states and Canada.
• The 57th Street Art Fair is always held the first weekend in June in the historic Hyde Park neighborhood on Chicago’s South Side.
• Absolutely Free and open to the public - no admission charges or recommended donations of any kind are required.