Director of Big Data Engineering @ From 2015 to Present (less than a year) Principal Software Engineer @ From June 2012 to September 2015 (3 years 4 months) Senior Software Engineer, Cloud R&D @ - Designed, prototyped and built production version of the new EnergyScape web site using Node.js / MongoDB on
Senior Software Engineer with Lead experience.
Director of Big Data Engineering @ From 2015 to Present (less than a year) Principal Software Engineer @ From June 2012 to September 2015 (3 years 4 months) Senior Software Engineer, Cloud R&D @ - Designed, prototyped and built production version of the new EnergyScape web site using Node.js / MongoDB on Linux stack. This customer portal will further SCIenergy’s business development while demonstrating their core mission in a powerful and actionable way.
- Made EnergyScape.net a compelling mobile web experience, leveraging Bootstrap from Twitter and Require.js, to enable benchmarking for business managers and data acquisition for “Building Engineers” without the anchor of a computer.
- The project was deployed in the Amazon Cloud (AWS) leveraging EC2 and its load-balancing feature, S3, CloudFront, SES and CloudWatch. This Node.js solution running in AWS enabled rapid deployments to a cluster of servers with very minimal infrastructure costs.
- Built deployment script to automate daily code pushes proving essential to the “release early / release often” approach.
- Set up Mercurial and ticketing system through Bitbucket.org to enable better cooperation and communication with the contractors and the product manager on the project.
- Acted as project manager and lead developer delivering on-schedule and completion of the Beta phase. Key milestones were met enabling successful customer and industry partner presentations From November 2011 to August 2012 (10 months) Chief Architect @ From September 2010 to December 2011 (1 year 4 months) Senior Software Engineer @ - Implemented Hadoop Map/Reduce jobs to feed data into FAN’s audience insights system.
- Built and maintained multiple external and internal facing Web and Stand alone Java
applications using popular frameworks and libraries including but not limited to Spring
(MVC), JSF, Hibernate, Ibatis, Quartz, Google Protocol buffer, JUnit, EasyMock, Powermock
and tools including but not limited to Eclipse, Tomcat6 and Maven2.
- Mentored junior Java and .Net developers during my 3+ years at FAN to increase
- Initiated a .Net weekly study group to go over newer aspects of the framework and
potential use in our projects.
- Interfaced the remote half of my team in Atlanta with the local QA, release, dba and
ops teams to ease communication and remove contention points.
- Refactored, improved and maintained FAN’s white label Social Network system written in
C# against numerous vertically partitioned SQL Server databases, which was available on
various Newscorp’s entities’ web sites like Fox News, American Idol, Fox Weather, Fox
Highlights etc... From March 2007 to September 2010 (3 years 7 months) Senior Software Developer @ Designed, created and implemented enhancements and new functionalities to the Bureau of
Labor Statistics’ (“BLS”) software application called TopCati using VB.Net 1.1. TopCati
is a distributed application to collect US workforce data including management
functionalities using Oracle 9g and MS Access 2003 as database back ends and Crystal
- Modified Oracle database to fit new structure and performance needs and maintained and
troubleshoot TopCati source code.
- Advised project manager on .Net software architecture, increasing product stability and
- Created tools to increase productivity and efficiency between BLS national office and
regional data collection centers. Tools written in VB.Net and C# include: ASP.Net website
to manage Crystal Report files and outputs, encryption tool for sensitive Web.config
information, filter builder to automate TopCati filter creation and Windows service to
monitor and replicate folder and file structure between servers for application mirroring.
- Initiated and lead a weekly .Net 1.x and 2.0 study group to facilitate knowledge
transfer amongst colleagues. From July 2006 to February 2007 (8 months) Lead Software Developer @ Managed the successful design and development, on deadline and under compressed
schedule, of a Migration Wizard tool using .Net 2.0, to convert current Info Pak customers
to next generation products, increasing RWD revenues and retaining market share.
- Researched, recommended and implemented refinements to products converted from Visual
Basic 6 to .Net, capitalizing on inherent efficiencies in .NET to enhance RWD’s Info Pak
- Maintained and enhanced the Info Pak suite over time yielding high customer
satisfaction. In 2005, sales were 188% of goal. As of 1st Quarter 2006, maintenance
contract renewals exceeded the forecast to date.
- Served as Tier3 product support for Info Pak to troubleshoot customer issues, yielding
close to a 100% customer satisfaction rate with personal testimonials from Johnson &
Johnson and Home Depot, expressing satisfaction with the quality of support received.
- Trained junior developers on Info Pak and RWD procedure, increasing development team
productivity through cross-training.
- Mentored junior developers on VB.Net, C#, ADO.Net and web-oriented technologies such as
ASP.Net and Web Services, fostering teamwork and increasing the team knowledge base.
- Created several internal RWD software tools such as product support problem diagnosis
and SAP payroll output formatting. Presented and distributed these tools for RWD employee
use. From November 2004 to July 2006 (1 year 9 months) Software Tester @ Tested products for Welocalize’s client Manugistics, finalizing and perfecting their
cutting-edge software technologies.
- Sorted and resolved client software issues and trained new testers on Manugistics’
products. From June 2004 to November 2004 (6 months) Analyst-Programmer (Object Oriented Programmer) @ Enabled completion of the company’s core product, “MP’Com,” a multi-platform, multi-
protocol, file transfer automated system. Created functions such as data encryption and
decryption, data compression, PDF conversion and data sorting.
- Conceptualized, proposed and developed “MP’Event Manager,” a multi-protocol software in
Delphi6, to immediately inform MP’Com administrators of pre-set MP’Com events, enabling
managers to respond rapidly. Developed “MP’Spawn” in Delphi6 to perform certain tasks
automatically upon receipt of a notice from MP’Event Manager, on Windows or on Linux
through Telnet remote control. These products generated over 60,000 Euros for the company.
- Innovated a “light” version called “MP’ComPro” using Delphi6 and Kylix2, to serve small
business needs. Enabled the company to penetrate a new market niche, increase overall
market share, and generate 42,000 Euros in revenues. Used on either Linux or Windows with
LAN and FTP protocols, MP’ComPro provides key functions such as the encryption and
compression of data.
- Recognized critical elements missing from Eukles’ IT operations and corrected them.
Revised the company’s network to improve test quality and employee productivity.
Implemented a backup server and a file share system. Created the company’s first PHP/MySQL
intranet hotline database. From April 2002 to November 2003 (1 year 8 months) Analyst-Programmer (Object Oriented Programmer) @ Managed and developed the research and planning capabilities of one of PS’Soft’s
principal products, the “Qualiparc Business Process Manager,” a DLL for Microsoft IIS that
streamlined business processes for companies with an average starting point of 500,000
end functionality into the DLL using Delphi5, and ensured compatibility with Database
Management System, Oracle, SQL Server, Sybase and DB2. From July 2001 to January 2002 (7 months)
Conservatoire National des Arts et MItiers From 2001 to 2003 BTS, Computer Engineering; Analyst @ LycIe Estienne d’Orves From 1999 to 2001 Yann Luppo is skilled in: .NET, Java, Node.js, MongoDB, Hibernate, Spring, ASP.NET, jQuery, Amazon Cloud, Microsoft SQL Server, PostgreSQL, MySQL, Membase, RabbitMQ, Mercurial
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension