The University of Texas at Austin - The Red McCombs School of Business
Marketing Specialist @ From April 2015 to Present (9 months) Austin, Texas AreaSXSWedu Marketing Intern @ • Developed a strategy for promoting the SXSWedu Education Expo to the Austin community. Supported the use of a variety of channels - newspaper, radio, television, local blogs and websites, Twitter, and Instagram - to best engage a wide audience of
Marketing Specialist @ From April 2015 to Present (9 months) Austin, Texas AreaSXSWedu Marketing Intern @ • Developed a strategy for promoting the SXSWedu Education Expo to the Austin community. Supported the use of a variety of channels - newspaper, radio, television, local blogs and websites, Twitter, and Instagram - to best engage a wide audience of students, educators, and businesspeople.
• Conducted radio and television interviews in Spanish to promote the Education Expo to Austin's Spanish speaking community. Encouraged parents and students to attend the expo to learn more about the educational opportunities available to them locally and nationally.
• Worked with the creative team to create program guides and newspaper ads promoting the Education Expo.
• Planned logistics to optimize use of Education Expo space for attendees, performers, and exhibitors. From January 2015 to April 2015 (4 months) Austin, Texas AreaTraveler Marketing Intern @ • Developed analytical skills using Eloqua to report on the performance of emails, and Google Analytics to benchmark current performance of landing sites. Also began learning how to use Tableau in researching business trends to support marketing decisions.
• Lead redesign of traveler lifecycle emails and website promoting insurance and protection services to maximize purchase conversion
• Managed development of 3 bi-monthly email newsletters across marketing, creative, ad-sales, and database marketing teams. This included planning, testing, evaluating and reporting results to all 4 teams.
• Curated content for and designed landing pages linked in monthly email newsletters to increase email engagement, using open rates and click-through rates as performance metrics. From June 2014 to April 2015 (11 months) Austin, Texas AreaSales Promotion and Support Intern @ • Developed and implemented promotional campaigns for the SXSWedu Education Expo and SXSW Digital Creative Job Market.
• Generated blogs and content for e-mail blasts to promote the shows, sponsors and sponsored events.
• Translated the EdExpo website and video into Spanish to reach Austin-area Spanish-speaking community. From January 2014 to April 2014 (4 months) Austin, Texas AreaOrientation Advisor @ • Prepared the University of Texas' summer orientation for new incoming students along with a team of 80 other orientation advisors from January to May.
• Advised freshmen and transfer students in registering for courses in the McCombs School of Business.
• Participated in 2 performances, one educating students on social justice issues and an other on the university's history.
• Created commercials and videos using Final Cut Pro and Photoshop to promote the events offered to students. From May 2013 to August 2013 (4 months) Austin, Texas Area
Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA) @ The University of Texas at Austin From 2011 to 2015 BBA @ The University of Texas at Austin - The Red McCombs School of Business From 2011 to 2015 ESCP Europe From 2013 to 2013 Yaneli Rubio is skilled in: Marketing, Email Marketing, Public Speaking, Video, Event Planning, Social Media, Leadership, Web Content, Eloqua, Marketing Communications, Spanish, Google Analytics, JIRA, Python, Prezi