Director of Global Business Development-GeoDetect @ TenCate Geosynthetics
Director of Innovation @ TenCate Geosynthetics
Executive Education, Effective Management of Product Operations @
Stanford University Graduate School of Business
An accomplished and results oriented Sales and Marketing Executive with a wide variety of experience in sales, marketing, operations, innovation and strategic planning; I have a demonstrated ability to facilitate change and to make tough, mission critical decisions. I enjoy leading and developing new business ventures as well as transforming existing business operations. I have a proven
An accomplished and results oriented Sales and Marketing Executive with a wide variety of experience in sales, marketing, operations, innovation and strategic planning; I have a demonstrated ability to facilitate change and to make tough, mission critical decisions. I enjoy leading and developing new business ventures as well as transforming existing business operations. I have a proven track record of achievement through re-engineering companies while simultaneously increasing revenue, enhancing earnings and maintaining operational efficiency.
Strategic Planning, Realignment & Implementation
Strategic Marketing & Channel to Market Management
Voice of the Customer / Segmentation
Budget Planning & Business Development
Business & Competitive Intelligence
Sales Growth Strategy & Innovation
Presentation Skills at Senior Management Level
Teamwork in Diverse Environments
Building Partner Relationships
Global Sales Manager @ Global sales responsibility for the J-Drain product line of drainage solutions which include geocomposite sheet drains, geonets, edge drains, and wick drains for civil engineering, DOT and athletic field applications.
Management of the Independent Sales Force, Distributor channel to market and Contractor relations for these target markets.
Execute actions in concert with long-term strategic plans to provide a clear path for sales, marketing and product communication to build platform for a consistent, predictable and profitable growth. From July 2013 to Present (2 years 6 months) Greater Atlanta AreaDirector of Global Business Development-GeoDetect @ • Global responsibility for commercializing new to the market “smart geotextile”, GeoDetect® for monitoring critical earth structures.
• Developed and executed the business plan which included creating the value proposition, competitive analysis, intellectual property rights, barriers to entry and financial assessment for this start-up operation.
• P& L responsibility including sales and profit forecasting, sales management, market development and operations.
• Successful installations in Europe, North & South America, Australia and Asia as well as in each of the 4 primary target market applications.
• Established strategic partner relationships with instrumentation equipment manufacturers, monitoring companies and engineering firms for cross promotional activities. From January 2010 to July 2013 (3 years 7 months) Director of Innovation @ • Responsible for shaping corporate strategy by incorporating the CEO’s four cornerstone vision of End-user Marketing, Product Differentiation, Cost Leadership and Innovation Technology. This led to the elimination of over 250 low value products and exiting three non-strategic markets
• Led a 6 member team in the development of new, differentiated products for the construction and industrial fabric markets.
• Implemented Stage-Gate methodology for new product development and created business screen analysis to achieve a minimum fifty percent GP for all value added markets.
• Focusing on the unmet needs of the marketplace, created an idea to launch new product development process which generated $35M in new product sales over the last 3 years with gross margins over 35% and an ROI of 135%.
• Successfully negotiated joint development agreements with suppliers as well as open innovation development with new potential partners. From December 2005 to January 2010 (4 years 2 months) Director of Business Development @ Managed all integration activities including development of organizational structure, merging of two successful product lines and utilization of manufacturing assets. Responsible for strategic planning process and implementation that aligned competitive advantages, marketing strategy and sales structure of the multiple business units. Led acquisition team in identifying new business opportunities in selected target markets consistent with the business strategy. Provided insight into the potential synergies and revenue opportunities of each candidate. From October 2002 to December 2005 (3 years 3 months) Director of Research and Business Development @ • Provided problem analysis in the development of a new strategic direction for 5 multi-national business units as well as assisted in the creation and execution of the strategic plan.
• P & L responsibility for the turnaround of the $3.5M start-up venture, Miratech.
• Evaluated core manufacturing competencies, sustainable competitive advantages and market needs to facilitate new product development for new and existing markets which reduced time to launch by 15%.
• Identified strategic market opportunities for new value added products. From January 2001 to October 2002 (1 year 10 months) Director of Marketing @ • Co-Managed with P&L responsibility for $31 M business unit
• Business unit received TenCate’s Profit Award in 2001
• Innovator of the Year for North America 2000
• Grew revenue from $12M to $31M and earnings by 28% in 3 years
• Employee of the year in 1999 From January 1999 to January 2001 (2 years 1 month) Director of Operations @ • Achieved $1M in cost reductions by re-engineered operations for increased profitability and waste reduction.
• Implemented Quality Control procedures, raw material qualifications and product performance criteria while lowering per unit costs by 10% and reducing obsolete inventory by 80%.
• Analyzed bottlenecks in production and oversaw installation of $1.5M of new equipment which added 30% to capacity, improved manufacturing flexibility and increased operational efficiency. From April 1998 to January 1999 (10 months) Marketing Manager @ • Responsible for developing and implementing product line marketing strategy for waterproofing, roofing, drainage and building weatherization products.
• Introduced nine new products which resulted in revenue increases over 50% and quadrupled sales in six years.
• One U.S. Patent, which reduced installation costs by 66%. From April 1996 to April 1998 (2 years 1 month) Senior Architectural Sales Representative @ • Sales and specification: Commercial roofing systems in Georgia. From January 1993 to April 1996 (3 years 4 months) Commercial Sales Manager @ • Sales: Commercial roofing products in SC and coastal Georgia. From 1990 to 1993 (3 years) Territory Sales Manager @ • Sales: Modified bitumen roof systems in SC. From 1989 to 1990 (1 year) Regional Sales Representative @ • Sales: Commercial waterproofing products, roofing systems and services in coastal SC and Georgia. From 1987 to 1989 (2 years) Regional Sales Manager @ • Sales: A/R business services in NC, SC and Georgia. From 1986 to 1987 (1 year) Regional Sales Manager @ • Sales: Sterilizers and surgical lights to hospitals and medical centers in NC, SC and Georgia. From 1983 to 1986 (3 years) Account Executive @ Sales: Main frame computers to hospitals and medical centers in SC. From 1981 to 1983 (2 years) Mortgage Loan Officer @ • Mortgage loan origination in SC. From 1978 to 1981 (3 years)
Bachelor of Science (BS), Business, Management, Marketing, and Related Support Services @ University of South Carolina-Columbia From 1974 to 1978 Executive Education, Effective Management of Product Operations @ Stanford University Graduate School of BusinessExecutive Education, International Advanced Management @ Kellogg Graduate School of ManagementExecutive Education, Managerial Leadership @ Goizueta Business School, Emory UniversityExecutive Education, Financial Skills for Non-Financial Managers @ Goizueta Business School, Emory University Wilson Harvie is skilled in: Product Development, Engineering, Marketing Strategy, New Business Development, Manufacturing, Strategic Planning, International Sales, Business Strategy, Start-ups, Business Development, Sales Management, Market Research, Project Management, Brand Management, Leadership
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension