Telecommunications Master's Program @
New York University
I am an entrepreneurial, technically astute Executive Vice President and Head of Sales with extensive experience building, directing and growing sales organizations ranging from startups to Global 50 companies. My background spans both direct and channel sales for cable, enterprise and carrier entities. Additionally, I have positioned and directed sales organizations across most Tier 1 cities in
I am an entrepreneurial, technically astute Executive Vice President and Head of Sales with extensive experience building, directing and growing sales organizations ranging from startups to Global 50 companies. My background spans both direct and channel sales for cable, enterprise and carrier entities. Additionally, I have positioned and directed sales organizations across most Tier 1 cities in the United States and Europe.
As EVP of Sales for Telx, I led multimillion-dollar revenue growth and participated in two record exits.
My leadership background spans high-visibility companies, including Savvis, AT&T, Nortel Networks and the Sprint Corporation.
Among my signature achievements:
• At Telx, set industry-growth records for 7 straight years.
• As VP of Strategic Accounts for Savvis, revamped last-place team from 16 to 3 in 18 months.
• Sprint’s most successful Director during 14-year tenure, earning 13 Presidents Clubs awards and named first National Accounts Sales Person of the Year.
I take pride in my ability to spearhead enterprise-wide program restructures, and to do so with both increased revenues and enhanced customer satisfaction. I am a respected, engaging leader proven in positioning high-performance sales teams for unprecedented success.
Specialties: Global Sales Leadership, Solution Selling, Managed Services, Cloud Computing, Telecommunications, Data Center, Direct Sales, Team & Program Building, IT Infrastructure Sales, Turnaround & Restructures, C-Suite Collaboration, Executive Management, Major Account Management, Strategic Communications
Executive Vice President of Sales @ I was recruited and selected to revamp the Telx data center and interconnection sales program. This involved successfully building a new sales force, a sales engineering team and a comprehensive channel program. This massive undertaking also required my hand-in-hand collaboration with other C-level leadership to define and activate effective sales strategies.
• Catalyzed $250M+ revenue growth and played key role in company’s two record exits (sold to Digital Reality Trust in 2015)
• Led teams to highest marks on third-party customer satisfaction surveys while concurrently achieving best scores for overall employee job satisfaction. From May 2007 to August 2014 (7 years 4 months) Vice President of Strategic Accounts @ To revamp an underperforming sales team, I repositioned our personnel and refined the organizational focus. Among the immediate impacts, my teams were responsible for a number of the first high-profile cloud applications to Fortune 500 companies.
• Recognized for leadership and industry acumen in guiding sales team out of insolvency.
• Received special corporate award for exemplary performance. From 2005 to 2007 (2 years) Executive Vice President, Signature Client Group (Officer Level Position) @ I oversaw AT&T’s largest global accounts in the Northeast, totaling 120 accounts valued at multibillion-dollar annual worldwide revenue at their peak. Leadership-wise, I directed sales and pre-sales teams comprised of 350 employees. Additionally, I was appointed as 1 of 4 founding officers of the Signature Client Program, reporting to the group’s President.
• Region attained highest revenue performance in Signature Client Group for 2003-04 measurement.
• Returned $200M more in revenue than next closest work group. From 2001 to 2005 (4 years) Vice President, Investment Sector - EMEA / Americas @ As 1 of 4 sector heads responsible for 160 corporate accounts, I led a staff of 140 associates including management. I reported directly to the President of Global Accounts, identifying and recommending sophisticated sales operations improvements.
• Engineered from last-to-first sales performance finish in 12 months.
• Seamlessly led functional groups across direct sales, engineering support and staff. From 2000 to 2001 (1 year) Director of NYC Markets, Data Product Lines @ I was accountable for our NYC markets representing 12% of Nortel’s global data revenue. My leadership spanned all direct and channel sales / support over portfolio of switches, routing, optical, VPN and managed services. My staff included 4 sales managers, 4 support managers, administrative personnel and order entry workers (130 total employees).
• Performed as #1 Data Director worldwide, achieving 140% of plan and named Circle of Excellence winner in first year. From 1999 to 2000 (1 year) Regional & National Accounts Management Roles @ For Sprint, I oversaw a team of 50 national account managers and the company’s largest affinity program. Additionally, I served as Regional Director of General Markets, Regional Director of Major and National Markets, Branch Manager and National Accounts Manager.
For AT&T, I earned multiple awards selling to national and major accounts, closing the company’s largest PBX sale. From 1980 to 1999 (19 years)
Bachelor of Arts, Psychology @ Dominican CollegeTelecommunications Master's Program @ New York University William Kolman is skilled in: Solution Selling, Managed Services, SaaS, Cloud Computing, Telecommunications, Co-location, Strategic Partnerships, Data Center, Professional Services, Direct Sales, Salesforce.com, VoIP, Unified Communications, Sales Management, Vendor Management
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension