An executive with more than 27 years of experience in manufacturing, supply chain,process operations,marketing and business development. Extensive knowledge in developing company strategies and plans to achieve, and exceed results. Strong interpersonal communication skills; writen and spoken, and communicates well with both internal and external customers. Collaborates, shares ideas, pools resources to capitalize on departmental and company
An executive with more than 27 years of experience in manufacturing, supply chain,process operations,marketing and business development. Extensive knowledge in developing company strategies and plans to achieve, and exceed results. Strong interpersonal communication skills; writen and spoken, and communicates well with both internal and external customers. Collaborates, shares ideas, pools resources to capitalize on departmental and company synergies. Throughout career has analyzed and developed process improvements and cost reductions. A decisive, focused, self-motivated professional with excellent process improvement and problem solving skills.
Desires to progress in career development and continue growing as an executive and leader with increasing responsibilities to achieve and surpass company goals and objectives, while exceeding shareholder expectations. Flexible with domestic commute or will relocate for an International role. Fluent in English, Spanish and Portuguese.
Administration of multiple locations and processes
Government agency liaison
Facilities and business acquisitions
English - Spanish - Portuguese
COO @ From September 2015 to Present (4 months) VP of Sales and Business Development @ Responsible for business development in the areas, Industrial, and National Food Service Accounts From January 2013 to September 2015 (2 years 9 months) Vice President of Sales @ • Negotiated three year extension to current five year contract increasing 36 M new pounds over the life of the contract.
• Responsible for Foodservice, Industrial and Retail sales.
• Interface between manufacturing and sales on manufacturing maters.
• Implemented thorough sales prototype development through commercialization process involving all functions in the company.
• Implemented lean manufacturing and shop floor control for manufacturing facilities.
• Responsible for new business development in the United States, Canada and Mexico. From February 2009 to September 2015 (6 years 8 months) Vice President of Manufacturing @ •Lead the operations of four manufacturing plants in four states, including business plan and budget development.
• Executed largest rebalancing of products to least landed cost facilities resulting in an overall savings in transportation and handling charges.
•Reduced cost per pound in startup plant in 2005, from $.49632 to $.4287 in 2008, while increasing the volume almost threefold from 35 million to over 100million.
•Implemented thorough union avoidance in facilities and successfully forded three union campaigns in the new facility in North East
• Responsible for the manufacturing of Dough products such as Corn and Wheat Tortillas and other snacks. Products produced include both retail and Food service. From May 2006 to May 2008 (2 years 1 month) Executive Vice President of Operations @ • Lead the operations of five manufacturing plants in multiple cities for a company.
• Oversaw manufacturing, engineering, maintenance, production, accounting, and purchasing.
• Responsible for the manufacturing of Frozen Pizzas, Frozen Food Entrees, Self manufactured meat components, Dough products such as Subs, Calzones, Stromboli, Pizza rolls and other snacks; and kettle cooked items. Products produced include both retail and Food service.
• Officer of the company and attended Board Meetings.
• Negotiated and achieved Federal, State and Local government approval for a $35 million expansion project from design to start up of a new 90,000 square foot state of the art manufacturing facility.
• Leading manufacturing member of company initiative teams working with Wal-Mart on second level start up for RFID. From August 2003 to May 2005 (1 year 10 months) Director of Operations @ • Lead manufacturing complex, which included an evisceration, deboning, canning, and fully cooked plants.
• Oversaw manufacturing, human resources, employee housing, maintenance, production, accounting, purchasing and a 5,000-acre farm.
• International Operations Liaison with sales to develop markets in Mexico and Puerto Rico.
• Company representative to Holland on several business trips, which led to multiple million dollar procurement contracts.
•Responsible for overseeing regulatory and governmental compliance for location.
•Negotiated contract and ratification of 3 year agreement with UFCW union.
•Implemented supervision educational program to better develop managerial skills in the ranks.
•Oversaw the process of developing, designing, equipment selection, and construction of new fully cooked plant.
•Oversaw all capital requirements for strategic business growth, including possible acquisition. From July 1999 to August 2003 (4 years 2 months) Complex Manager, Operations Manager @ • Oversaw day to day operations for cooked manufacturing complex; including manufacturing, purchasing, quality assurance, engineering, human resources, and finance.
• Responsible for downsizing complex by over 148 employees during a period of six months through scheduling and efficiency gains while avoiding union organization of facility.
• Implemented the Central Safety Committee process to improve employee involvement, moral and overall complex safety.
• Reduced budget through efficiency and cost reduction of over $2M.
• Developed and implemented the use of key measurable goals to measure complex performance and justify MBO objectives.
• Developed an employee training process for line employees as well as for supervisors.
• Negotiated for plant in union contracts with UFCW and Teamster unions extending them from 3 to 4 year contracts. From January 1996 to July 1999 (3 years 7 months) Dir Quality Assurance @ From 1988 to 1996 (8 years)
BS, Animal Science Production @ Berry College From 1986 to 1988 NA, History @ King University From 1984 to 1987 William Jennings is skilled in: Team Building, National Accounts, Lean Manufacturing, Process Improvement, Manufacturing, Change Management, Purchasing, Management, Negotiation, Leadership, Business Planning, Start-ups, Strategy, Budgets, Continuous Improvement
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension