After recruiting at AdRoll and YouTube the last 4 years, I've decided combine all of my skills and SME into one gig to help you optimize your recruiting using Greenhouse! My overall career experience focuses on partnering and developing internal/external client relationships to reach goals. My primary skill sets include working cross functionally in a hyper-growth international
After recruiting at AdRoll and YouTube the last 4 years, I've decided combine all of my skills and SME into one gig to help you optimize your recruiting using Greenhouse! My overall career experience focuses on partnering and developing internal/external client relationships to reach goals. My primary skill sets include working cross functionally in a hyper-growth international tech company with core strengths in full-cycle recruiting, negotiation, customer support, training, online advertising, managing teams, scaling operations and mentoring. I also like to think of myself as a brand ambassador. I incorporate social media, photography and creative writing in my work as much as possible.
I've done some cool things like:
- Manage customer service quality control and training initiatives for Google's AdWords Team ("This Call May Be Recorded For Quality Control Purposes") and to Ann Arbor to help a growing office
- Support a monetization product launch and help bring YouTube to profitability
- Staff a new 41,000 sq. ft. studio in Los Angeles for YouTube Creators
- Deploy Greenhouse Software across a 500 person company
I love getting involved in employee resource groups and adding to company culture. At AdRoll, I'm involved in the Culture Club, AdRoll Gives Back and OneRoll (Our Diversity Arm.) I was heavily involved in Google's B.O.L.D. (Building Opportunities for Leadership & Development) program as well. I'm passionate about working with those who are historically under-represented in the technology industry to bring diversity to the workplace.
Outside of work, I'm really passionate about food, coffee, wine, culture and travel. I've brushed up on my Spanish and traveled to Peru, Mexico and Colombia. I took part in a newly created culinary adventures in Mexico and Vietnam through Intrepid Travel because I love going off the beaten path. I've completed 4 half marathons (most recently The SF Half in July 2014.)
Sr. Account Manager / Product Expert @ From September 2015 to Present (4 months) San Francisco Bay AreaAccount Manager / Product Expert @ After helping deploy Greenhouse to optimize AdRoll's recruiting, I loved the product and team so much that I decided to join their Customer Success organization. I'm combining my subject matter expertise in recruiting with my skills I learned throughout my career such as training, customer support and relationship management to help you optimize your recruiting!
We're hiring in SF & NYC! We work out of a nice office in NYC’s SoHo neighborhood and one in San Francisco’s Mission District. We're ambitious, friendly, driven, and passionate. Everyone who works here is paid well, gets a full slate of benefits, and enjoys amazing office snacks. Want to be a part of a brilliant team working on projects that matter? Join us! http://grnh.se/qrpy5l
Meet The Team: https://www.greenhouse.io/team
Greenhouse is the world's first recruiting optimization platform. It gives leaders the power to change their organization and deliver outstanding results through better hiring.
Companies like Airbnb, Uber and Pinterest use Greenhouse to optimize how they find, interview and hire the best talent. From strategic sourcing to customizable interview kits, Greenhouse provides a technology platform that helps organizations of all sizes improve their recruiting performance. Find better candidates, conduct more focused interviews, and make data-driven hiring decisions using Greenhouse. From March 2015 to September 2015 (7 months) San Francisco Bay AreaRecruiter @ AdRoll, headquartered in downtown San Francisco with additional offices in New York, Dublin, London, Sydney and Tokyo, is a performance marketing platform that helps brands of all sizes run highly targeted, data-driven digital marketing campaigns. Named the fastest growing private advertising company in the nation by Inc. Magazine (#7 overall), best place to work by SF Business Times, and a Fortune Great Place to Work, AdRoll has over 500 employees globally (and growing fast), over 15,000 active customers from over 100 countries, a revenue run rate of $150M, and has increased our revenues at 700% since 2012. With funding totaling $89 Million, AdRoll is backed by some of the savviest investors in the valley, like Foundation Capital, Merus Capital, Accel Partners, IVP, and Peter Thiel.
I'm responsible for full-cycle recruiting across a variety of business departments including Account Management (Mid-Market, Brand Direct/DSO and Agency,) Sales, Technical Account Management, Finance, BI, Supply, Events/Marketing, Graphic Designers and LiquidAds. Since May 2014, I've hired over 30 people (internal and external candidates.) Worked cross-functionally across different offices, including San Francisco (HQ), New York, Dublin and Sydney. Worked with hiring managers across multiple offices during hyper-growth of the company. I make sure my hiring manager relationships are consultative and my relationships with my candidates are open and transparent.
Also apart of some other cool things:
-- ATS Migration: Moving from Jobvite to Greenhouse. I built and deployed an e-learning and resources to scale training across 500 employees specifically for hiring managers, interviewers and those that refer employees.
-- Represented AdRoll at the Stanford Career Fair.
-- "AdRoll Gives Back": Our volunteer arm that promotes working the community.
-- "OneRoll": Our diversity arm that promotes a diverse workplace.
-- "Culture Club": Our culture arm to make sure coming to work rocks! From May 2014 to February 2015 (10 months) San Francisco Bay AreaWorld Traveler @ - Left after 7 years of working at Google to take some time away from the tech industry and enjoy time with family and friends.
- Traveled around the United States, Asia, Mexico and South America, primarily in search of amazing eats. Why not be the next Anthony Bourdain? Oh and teach kids how to High Five!
- Consulted for friends startups.
- Guest speaker for an "Organizational Dynamics" MBA Class at Columbia University with students formerly Sargeants and Marines from West Point.
- Helped friends out of work land jobs and interviews. Coached them through the job interview process.
- Volunteered for various organizations, including Dress for Success San Francisco. From January 2013 to April 2014 (1 year 4 months) San Francisco Bay AreaRecruiter @ • Hired 85 non-engineering employees across YouTube during hyper-growth of the company, post-acquisition. Member of the highest performing recruiting team under Google’s G&A division.
• Full-cycle recruitment for YouTube’s Next Lab though the acquisition of Next New Networks, the first YouTube Network with over 1 billion views. Responsible for sourcing, creating job descriptions, reviewing resumes, candidate phone screens, structuring interview panels, interview calibrations, creating 30+ page candidate hiring packets, extending offers, negotiating compensation, closing, leveling and on-boarding.
• Staffed a team of 20 at the YouTube Space Los Angeles, a 41,000 sq. ft. state-of-the-art studio in Playa Vista where partners have free access to green screens, dance studios, motion capture studios, screening rooms, a/v editing bays and rehearsal space.
• Set up multiple batch interview days in LA and NYC offices to move a significant amount of candidates through the hiring process to make faster hiring decisions.
• Leveraged an internal restructuring to create a pipeline of candidates to grow the YouTube Partner Acquisitions Team by 3 members within 1 month.
• Sourced Software Engineers and Hardware candidates for The Google Fiber team.
• Partnered with YouTube Technical Account Managers to build from scratch the YouTube Partner Operations team.
• Trained over 10 new hiring managers on Google’s hiring and interview process.
• Earned an overall score of 84% on external candidate satisfaction survey, 6% above recruiter average.
• Trained 23 members of the YouTube staffing team on the benefits of Google+ for internal communication.
• Streamlined closing candidates by creating email templates for YouTube’s Content Recruiting Team.
• Created a quick guide to streamline new interviewer training, reducing training time from a half-day to 1 hour.
• Attended and sourced fresh talent at industry events such as VidCon. From February 2010 to December 2012 (2 years 11 months) Operations Strategist (Monetization) @ • Launch team member for YouTube’s first pay-per-click ads product, “Promoted Videos” (later incorporated into TrueView ads), which served over 500,000,000 ads within 2nd year live, helping company toward profitability.
• Internally advise and train AdWords Account Managers on YouTube advertising opportunities (Display, Reserved, Search, Engagement and Video.)
• Develop and scale internal and external customer support models for YouTube Ads (including ads.youtube.com.) Support long-tail advertisers by answering >1000 customer emails.
• Troubleshoot technical, billing, ad serving and other inquiries for customers.
• Develop canned responses (CRs) for email support and help write Help Center content.
• Created documentation guide for 17-step execution of Doubleclick Reserved Ads for AdWords Advertisers.
• Booked, contracted and billed >$1,000,000 in Google owned and operated properties through DART Sales Manager (DSM) for agencies and individual clients.
• Serve as a subject matter expert on YouTube Ads for account managers on pitch calls to AdWords advertisers.
• Report bugs and product suggestions to engineering team. Work closely with Product Managers to incorporate product feedback into feature pipeline.
• Partnered with the YouTube Canadian Sales team to help launch Silk Soy’s “Bust it or Believe It” campaign. It was the first campaign to ever use deep linking annotations on YouTube for an interactive brand experience. http://mediaincanada.com/2009/11/06/silk-20091106/ From October 2008 to February 2010 (1 year 5 months) Acting Quality Team Lead, AdWords @ Responsibilities include helping co-lead and individually contribute to customer support quality assurance (QA) teams for Google's flagship advertising product, AdWords:
• Co-managed and grew a customer service quality control team in Ann Arbor, Michigan. I helped grow the team from ~10 to over 18 part-time reviewers. (Email, Phone and Chat Support) I helped grow the team to self-sufficiency and they no longer needed support from those at headquarters in Mountain View, CA.
• Successfully designed, implemented and deployed CATT email support training across 200+ employees nationwide based on support goals to increase customer satisfaction. Trained director-level, managers and individual-contributor employees. Result was stabilizing email customer support satisfaction after dropping to "Code Red" levels.
• Evaluate content of calls/emails comparing to predefined best practices including phone/email etiquette, sales customer service skills, and correctness / completeness of information.
• Work closely with management to review QA results. Identify areas for training and development.
• Regularly coach CSRs on areas of development identified through the evaluation process and identify trends requiring corrective actions.
• Assist in the facilitation and creation of new hire training.
• Lead and contribute to quality team calibration exercises to make sure review standards are applied the consistently amongst QA reviewers.
• Consistently evaluate QA processes to improve for scale, efficiency, and effectiveness amongst a growing global organization.
• Interviewed undergraduate students on campus and via the phone about potential full-time and internship opportunities at the company. From November 2007 to October 2008 (1 year) Account Associate, AdWords @ • Execute Quality Control, Training and Workflow initiatives.
• Mentor and Acclimate new employees in AdWords.
• Provide excellent customer service to Google's advertisers.
• Respond to customer service inquiries by phone, email and live chat.
• Troubleshoot existing advertising campaigns and technical problems.
• Optimize advertising campaigns in order to maximize advertisers' ROI.
• Consistently monitor emails, customer feedback and satisfaction. From July 2006 to November 2007 (1 year 5 months) AdWords Representative (Contractor) @ Major Accomplishments & Responsibilities:
• Successfully converted to a full time employee after contracting for 6+ months.
• Mentored 6 new AdWords team members on understanding editorial and product policy guidelines.
• Achieved consistent quality when reviewing AdWords ads for editorial and product policy guidelines.
• Created twice-daily ad-level reports for AdWords management. From January 2006 to June 2006 (6 months) Intern, Corporate Communications @ Helped tell the Chamber story in new and creative ways to achieve policy victories and attract new members.
• Proof-read the U.S. Chamber’s Member Magazine USChamber.com; Analyzed member magazine reader survey data and created easy-to-read comparison charts for management
• Supervised mentally disabled volunteer students from St. Coletta of Greater Washington, D.C. in mail room tasks
• Answered a multi-line Avaya telephone system for the Vice President of Corporate Communications
• Performed Human Resource functions: read potential interns résumés and cover letters; called and interviewed potential interns
• Brain-stormed marketing strategies for the U.S. Chamber’s Web Store
• Helped plan an in-house event (“The Benefits and Services Fair”) and corporate sponsored events (SBA Expo 2005 & YEO Conference 2005) From April 2005 to May 2005 (2 months) Assistant Production Manager @ Major Responsibilities and Accomplishments:
• Promoted from Production Assistant; Helped hire, train, and manage 5 Production Assistants
• Reduced production time by 22% in relation to the previous year
• Aided the Production Manager in the re-design of the 2004-2005 edition of the newspaper
• Collaborated with section editors to craft a compelling weekly 32-40 page newspaper layout using QuarkXpress and Adobe Photoshop under constant deadlines
• Awarded the California College Media Association Best Overall Design award for The Highlander Newspaper (2004) - 3rd Place, Div. B From July 2003 to March 2005 (1 year 9 months)
Bachelor of Science, Business Administration, 3.88 @ University of California, Riverside From 2001 to 2005 Farm School (18 Reasons & Bi Rite Farms) Will Kivinski is skilled in: Online Advertising, Interviews, Recruiting, Google Adwords, Technical Recruiting, Social Media, Sourcing, Customer Service, Training, College Recruiting, YouTube, New Hire Training, PPC, Management, Google Analytics
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension