Research Assistant @ Department of Economics, UCLA
Bachelor’s Degree, Mathematics and Applied Mathematics @
East China University of Science and Technology
IT Data Analyst @ From July 2015 to Present (6 months) Data Analyst @ • Data Analyst for Tradescape’s Global Clearinghouse, a software solution for content owners, publishers, and rights holders in Media & Entertainment. Worked in the areas of data analysis, data analytics, data modeling, deal modeling, data quality, and reporting for Tradescape’s GCH platform, which
IT Data Analyst @ From July 2015 to Present (6 months) Data Analyst @ • Data Analyst for Tradescape’s Global Clearinghouse, a software solution for content owners, publishers, and rights holders in Media & Entertainment. Worked in the areas of data analysis, data analytics, data modeling, deal modeling, data quality, and reporting for Tradescape’s GCH platform, which provides high volume data processing, complex deal management, and royalty calculations for the monetization of content and digital media from Record Labels and MCNs (Multi-channel Networks) on Youtube.
• Responsible for designing our MCN clients’ royalty deals and contracts in the Global Clearinghouse. This involved learning our clients’ business models and monetization contracts, mapping these models to Tradescape’s model, and finally creating all contracts and their terms in the database using SQL and MySQL Workbench. Successfully designed, implemented, and delivered up to 5 complex contracts types.
• Responsible for designing, creating, and delivering reports with SSRS for MCN clients. Interacted with clients to capture report requirements and then designed and developed complex SQL queries and filters to successfully deliver all required reports. Successfully delivered Network Summary, ProForma, Channel Partner Dashboard, Partner Contract Summary, Monthly Partner Acquisition, Payment Summary, Total Earnings (Gross & Net), and Channel Ranking reports.
• Tested, managed, and fixed the data quality and data integrity of data in all areas of the GCH process, as well as all partner contracts stored in the database. Using SQL, Excel, MySQL Workbench, and Toad, tested the ingestion of YouTube transaction and monthly revenue files, tested all data transformations and quality checks, tested all deal calculations and results, and tested all generated reports, statements, and exports for our MCN clients. From August 2013 to July 2015 (2 years) Research Assistant @ • Research on Behavioral Mechanism Design, co-operated between UCLA & Northwestern University
• Searched useful real data from the “international association of athletics federations (IAAF)” official website
• Collected data from 100m and 400m races for men and women athletics, indoor and outdoor games
• Organized data using EXCEL with the variables: date and location of event, name, gender and identifier for athlete, round (heats, quarter, semi-final and final), lane assigned, starting time, mark (final time) and final ranking
• Used STATA software in order to merge different datasets into one entire dataset
• Analyzed massive real data to get the result on the position of starting lane will affect the final ranking for 400m races. From August 2012 to December 2012 (5 months) Research Assistant @ • Research on Built Environment, Travel, Nutrition and Health in Chinese Cities
• Collected and organized survey data in STATA from China Health and Nutrition Survey (CHNS) provided by University of North Carolina of Chapel Hill originally by questionnaire format
• Dropped observations who ever answered “don’t know” or “refused to answer” in our variable list
• Used fixed-effect (FE) least square model with dummy variable to estimate individual- or household-level average treatment effects using the panel data
• Used difference-in-differneces (DID) method to estimate individual average treatment effects using the two-wave longitudinal data
• Used ordinary least squares (OLS) regressions with cross-sectional samples to illustrate how different between focusing on the longitudinal dimension (e.g., the within differences) of the data and run the cross-sectional regressions From April 2012 to September 2012 (6 months)
Master's degree, Statistics @ University of California, Los Angeles From 2011 to 2013 Bachelor’s Degree, Mathematics and Applied Mathematics @ East China University of Science and Technology From 2007 to 2011 Weipeng Lu is skilled in: Matlab, R, SAS, Data Analysis, SQL, C++, Perl, C, Microsoft Excel, Mandarin, Microsoft Office, Git, LaTeX, Statistics, Research, Analysis, Data Mining, Python, MySQL
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension