Owner/Photographer @ Wayne Charles Photography, LLC
Associate Photographer @ Jordan Brian Photography
Civil Engineer with EIT certification, 8 years design experience and 2 years of bridge construction experience. Always highly motivated and excel with new challenges. Project design history includes; bridge and dam structural design, residential and commercial site plan, transportation planning and traffic control, water/wastewater utility infrastructure. Interests with all aspects of Civil design including structural and transportation
Civil Engineer with EIT certification, 8 years design experience and 2 years of bridge construction experience. Always highly motivated and excel with new challenges. Project design history includes; bridge and dam structural design, residential and commercial site plan, transportation planning and traffic control, water/wastewater utility infrastructure. Interests with all aspects of Civil design including structural and transportation engineering.
For the past 5 years, I have developed a new skill set in professional photography and design of marketing materials. From working with highly talented photographers, inspired clients, and innovative business owners; I was able to create a brand for my creativity in design and imagery, Wayne Charles Photography.
Together the technical experience in Civil Engineering and inspiration through photography have allowed me to develop a unique set of skills which allows me to blend creativity with problem solving.
Specialties: Transportation Planning & Design
Bridge and Dam Structural Design
Land Development Engineering & Planning
Software (CAD Design):
Microstation V8i & InRoads
Software (Hydraulic Analysis):
Storm, Water & SewerCAD
KY Pipe Pipe2010
InRoads Storm & Sanitary
Adobe Photoshop, Lightroom, InDesign, Illustrator
Microsoft Office Suites
Project Engineer @ Expansive knowledge in both structural and roadway design for clients in public and private sectors including; PennDOT, NJDOT, DVRPC, county and local municipalities. My experience encompasses the design of new facilities and rehabilitation of existing infrastructure across multiple specialties within civil design. Administrative and marketing experience in creating technical proposals, project profiles, portfolios, photography, and image editing.
- Single and multi-span bridge replacement projects with steel, PA bulb-tee, and box beams.
- Superstructure rehab and concrete deck replacement plans.
- Steel truss repair and rehabilitation detailing.
- Field condition inspections on existing bridges and dams.
- Construction management and coordination of field operations.
- Staging plans for construction and future re-decking schemes.
- Geometric highway design (AASHTO) for horizontal and vertical curves.
- Guiderail, median barrier, and crash cushions (AASHTO, NJDOT, and PennDOT).
- Temporary traffic control and construction staging plans (NJDOT and PennDOT).
- Signing and striping plans (MUTCD).
- Stormwater management network.
- Right-of-way acquisition plans (PennDOT).
- Analysis and modification of ADA facilities (NJDOT and PennDOT).
- Concept Development and design reports. From September 2012 to Present (3 years 4 months) Owner/Photographer @ Wayne Charles Photography is a full service photography and design company specializing in weddings, engagements, family, portraiture, headshots, architecture, travel, and commercial projects. More than just photography; design and printing services offered include photo albums, invitations, cards, wall art, brochures, business cards, and more. Wayne Charles Photography provides for a custom experience to work with your ideas. From October 2014 to Present (1 year 3 months) Associate Photographer @ Assist as a second photographer for weddings and corporate events. From October 2010 to Present (5 years 3 months) Project Engineer @ Bridge Construction Engineering & Project Management for structures owned by PennDOT, DCNR, NJDOT, and Burlington County Bridge Commission.
- Coordinated field crews, subcontractors, and vendor materials on-site for project staging.
- Advised clients on project schedule, invoices, and installed materials.
- Conducted weekly project status meetings with client, superintendent, engineers, and office staff.
- Managed multiple projects concurrently.
- Produced cash flow and labor variance reports to monitor project budgets.
- Consulted on complex construction operations during in-house project summary meetings.
- Identified and coordinated equipment needs on-site to expedite completion of project milestones.
- Designed erection plans for critical lifts using a variety of crane models and sizes.
- Assembled deck placement plans and demolition plans.
- Prepared temporary overhang platform design.
- Tracked field material quantities and prepared payment estimates.
- Ordered materials and submitted sources with specifications to client and engineer.
- Created as-built plans and O&M manuals.
- Estimated labor, material, and equipment costs for project bids. From May 2011 to September 2012 (1 year 5 months) Assistant Project Engineer @ Water/Wastewater Utility & Land Development Engineer
- Interacted with clients, state agencies, and engineers on project scope/plan submission.
- Executed site grading/earthwork, storm sewer, and water resource facility design.
- Performed hydrant flow testing and prepared hydraulic water models for MUA officials.
- Designed residential/commercial water distribution/wastewater collection systems.
- Created wetlands permit plans, NJDEP, and municipal applications for project approval.
- Maintained project scope and correspondence with site plan review agencies.
Transportation & Structural Engineer
- Managed feasibility assessment projects/prepared written reports with concept models.
- Analyzed AASHTO and NJDOT regulations for preliminary and final roadway design.
- Collaborated with project managers on traffic control methods and construction staging.
- Provided support with structural calculations for bridge and dam projects.
- Developed cost estimates and distribution of quantities while maintaining scheduled tasks. From September 2004 to May 2010 (5 years 9 months) Civil Engineer Intern @ - Aided in the design of wastewater pumping stations, gravity sewer, and force mains.
- Supervised site construction activities to ensure compliance with design specifications.
- Assisted with underwater bridge structure inspections, and support GPS survey activity.
- Completed shop drawing reviews, quantity take-offs, and as-built construction plans. From September 2003 to September 2004 (1 year 1 month) Architecture Intern @ - Revised CAD designs of architectural plans for municipal and educational facilities.
- Produced blueprints of floor plans, sections, and elevations for review and approval.
- Expedited preparation of documents/drawings for client review. From September 2001 to June 2002 (10 months)
BS, Civil Engineering @ Drexel University From 2002 to 2007 Wayne Howitz Jr is skilled in: Civil Engineering, Microstation, AutoCAD, Land Development, Transportation Engineering, Structural Engineering, Photography, Construction Management, Construction Engineering, Client Development, Concrete Testing, Highway Design, Site Development, Water Resources, Wastewater Treatment
Looking for a different
Wayne Howitz Jr?
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension