Managing Consultant @ Futurestep, A Korn Ferry Company
Director, Global Executive Recruitment (contractor) @ American Express
Managing Director @ Greenefields Talent Advisors LLC
The Lawrenceville School
My passion in life is recruiting. Whether it’s trying to find the ideal candidate for a challenging role at my client’s company or brainstorming with a candidate about what might fit for them next in their career…solving problems in the human capital space is where the excitement lies. I’ve spent the last 20 years following this passion
My passion in life is recruiting. Whether it’s trying to find the ideal candidate for a challenging role at my client’s company or brainstorming with a candidate about what might fit for them next in their career…solving problems in the human capital space is where the excitement lies. I’ve spent the last 20 years following this passion for search firms, companies and for individuals. My experience includes working in corporate environments focused on talent acquisition, and at executive search firms focused on industry sectors like consumer, media, advertising/ marketing services and industrial.
Recruiting isn’t easy; but there is no better sense of accomplishment than filling a difficult role and seeing someone you’ve placed achieve success. Whatever the recruiting situation, the one constant for me must be the responsibility to be in the market connecting with people - while adding value to my company’s or client’s employer brand.
Specialties: Enthusiastic talent acquisition specialist; a reliable recruitment partner connecting companies to talent solutions. Deep experience in consultative service-oriented environments. Senior level advertising and digital media executive recruitment on a global basis. Consumer, industrial, and financial services recruitment experience as well. Social media sourcing and ATS savvy. Solid account development skills within matrixed environments.
Managing Consultant @ Futurestep (www.futurestep.com) is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Korn Ferry International and is the global industry leader in high-impact recruitment solutions. We have the resources and scalability to respond quickly to our clients’ needs through a full range of services:
• Recruitment process outsourcing (RPO)
• Project Recruitment
• Talent Consulting
Managing Consultant within our North American Search practice responsible for managing the full life-cycle recruitment process for consumer products and advertising/marketing services clients in the Consumer sector. From January 2015 to Present (10 months) Greater New York City AreaDirector, Global Executive Recruitment (contractor) @ Member of the Global Talent Acquisition and Management team responsible for managing VP level and above executive search engagements across worldwide business and staff groups, including Finance, Audit, Technologies, Enterprise Growth, US Consumer Card & Small Business Services, and Global Network and International Card Services.
Responsibilities include setting initial search strategy with internal hiring leaders and human resources business partners, selection and management of external retained search firms, candidate interviewing, ongoing search process management, and offer closing liaising with compensation & mobility internal resources.
Since April 2014, as part of the transition services agreement team, fully dedicated to the American Express Global Business Travel (GBT) joint venture (signed July 2014) with same responsibilities as described above including direct sourcing and/or candidate pipelining on selected engagements across all functional areas. Managing multiple requisitions from initial intake session with key stakeholders through Taleo requisition management to closing process. From August 2013 to November 2014 (1 year 4 months) Greater New York City AreaManaging Director @ Human capital consulting to companies, professional service organizations and recruitment firms. Responsible for providing solutions in critical areas including senior executive recruitment, executive assessment/appraisal, and business development strategy.
Previous consulting projects include:
• Retained searches for roles in information services general management, B2B general management, digital advertising sales management, digital marketing, media general management, supplier quality, multi-media advertising executive management, Fortune 50 industrial marketing, national digital sales, regional digital sales management (3), senior editorial content, life sciences executive management.
• Project Manager of eight person recruitment team onsite at a Newedge, a global brokerage firm with 3,000 employees. Managed front office recruitment requisitions (over 140) across fixed income, commodities, foreign exchange, futures & and options, and clearing.
• Contract recruitment at Bridgewater Associates LP, a large hedge fund, managing multiple search engagements within the front office pillar including roles in investor services, legal, vendor management and research & trading. Responsible for setting initial search strategy, selection and management of external search firms, and regular interaction with internal hiring managers. Direct sourcing on selected engagements. Achieved a high acceptance rate in a short time period with significant multiple hires in trading execution and analytics.
• Consulted to mid-sized retained search firm in the Midwest for account development in a down market, how to compete with larger firms, how to negotiate preferred agreements, and how to add value in client relationships. From January 2009 to August 2013 (4 years 8 months) Greater New York City AreaProject Leader - Newedge Recruitment Team at Newedge Group @ Project Manager of eight person recruitment team onsite at a global brokerage firm with 3,000 employees. Managed front office recruitment requisitions (over 140) across fixed income, commodities, foreign exchange, futures & and options, and clearing. Responsibility for extensive client facing with global senior management, human resources and hiring managers, setting search strategy, direct sourcing, interaction with external search firms. Also managed continuous reporting to senior management on metrics via Taleo applicant tracking system (administrator). Personally responsible for fixed income and commodities recruitment in addition to management role. From October 2010 to November 2011 (1 year 2 months) Greater New York City AreaVice President, Global Client Strategy @ Responsible as sole North American team member for development of major global & regional strategic account relationships across the Firm's consumer, industrial, technology, life sciences and financial services markets, product lines (middle management recruitment and executive assessment) and geographies representing 27% of the Firm's revenue. Program management, negotiation of preferred provider agreements and management of client satisfaction initiative. From May 2004 to November 2008 (4 years 7 months) Greater New York City AreaClient Partner @ Executive recruiter focused on business development and full cycle retained executive search engagement management within the advertising, media, digital media and marketing services sector. North American lead in development and management of Korn/Ferry's largest advertising network relationship. Multiple C-Suite and general management placements. Conducted mid-level search engagements including strategic sourcing as Managing Consultant during the launch and expansion of Futurestep, Korn/Ferry's mid-level recruitment company. From May 1997 to May 2004 (7 years 1 month) Greater New York City AreaSenior Associate @ Responsible for sourcing and candidate development for engagements which spanned Industrial, Consumer, Life Sciences, Technology and Financial Services industries. From July 1994 to April 1997 (2 years 10 months) Marketing Director @ Hired by this privately-held company to develop business with travel advertisers and other advertising agency clients for this custom producer and direct marketer of promotional videos for the travel industry.
EARLY BUSINESS EXPERIENCE - Magazine & Newspaper Publishing
Held senior advertising sales positions in magazine publishing with companies including the Hearst Corporation, Condé Nast and K-III, representing well-known titles such as Gourmet Magazine, House & Garden/HG and the Atlantic Monthly. Began my career in advertising sales at the Stamford Advocate/Greenwich Time newspapers. From January 1994 to October 1994 (10 months) Greater New York City Area
BA, English/French @ Washington and Jefferson College From 1975 to 1979 Diploma @ The Lawrenceville School From 1973 to 1975 Fox Lane High School From 1971 to 1973 Wally Greene is skilled in: Full-cycle Recruiting, Applicant Tracking..., Program Management, Executive Search, Direct Sourcing, Client Relationship..., Employer Branding, Talent Acquisition, Client Development, Digital Media, Publishing, Advertising Sales, Customer Satisfaction, LinkedIn, Social Media, Strategy, CRM, Business Development, Recruiting, Talent Management, Leadership, Contract Recruitment, Human Resources, Digital Marketing, Training, Team Management, Marketing, B2B, Executive Management, Analytics, Search, Financial Services, Coaching, Professional Services, Advertising, Vendor Management, Consulting, Start-ups, Negotiation, Project Management, Strategic Partnerships, Strategic Sourcing, Outsourcing, Management Consulting, Networking, Technical Recruiting, Sourcing, Internet Recruiting, Organizational..., Lead Generation