Software Design Engineer with 10+ years working experience in design and development of consumer facing applications and internal software tools. Results oriented and focused on turning ideas and designs into finished projects. Analytical and driven to find creative solutions to challenging problems. Proven record in working with cross-functional teams and helping non-technical team members realize their ideas
Software Design Engineer with 10+ years working experience in design and development of consumer facing applications and internal software tools. Results oriented and focused on turning ideas and designs into finished projects. Analytical and driven to find creative solutions to challenging problems. Proven record in working with cross-functional teams and helping non-technical team members realize their ideas and visions into software solutions. Proud of my work and dedicated to executing to the best of my abilities.
Founder @ Created MonkeyPeanuts.com, a personal finance and money management web application designed to help consumers manage their personal finances. Developed the underlying software and database structures as well as the security model. Implemented data analytics to assist in guiding future development decisions.
• Initiated the concept with a rapid “feasibility” prototype.
• Designed the software architecture, database structure, security model, and web services implementation.
• Deployed the MySQL database and wrote all queries between the database and the web application.
• Created UI assets and designed the user interface with Adobe Photoshop and CSS.
• Managed the server, including setting up the domain name, subdomains, SSL certificate, database, etc.
• Scoped out plans to design mobile versions of the web application for Android, iPhone, browser add-ons, etc. From May 2009 to Present (6 years 7 months) Software Engineering Manager @ Recruited by Auction.com, LLC., the nation’s leading online real estate marketplace, to help stabilize and modernize a variety of software applications. Worked on a variety of projects including, U.S. and International websites, Solr Cloud, API layer, Web Services, Internal Tools, and Backend Portal. Led and managed multiple projects to completion.
• Began my employment at Auction.com fixing a variety of bugs on the U.S. website and backend portal.
• Took ownership of a vendor facing web services project; implemented 6 additional services needed by business; abstracted project to support multiple vendors with various XML formats (13 total) from a hardcoded solution supporting only one vendor. Managed one Software Engineer for ongoing production support.
• Joined a team of 15+ Software Engineers working on a project to rewrite the U.S. website and backend portal using a custom PHP framework interfacing with a Java mid-tier and a MySQL backend; worked on a variety of core PHP framework components.
• Managed a team of 4 Python Engineers, 3 Java Engineers, and 4 MySQL DBA’s to port an internal onboarding tool from PHP/MSSQL to Python/MySQL.
• Stabilized an improper implementation of Solr and proceeded to implement a Solr Cloud solution across multiple tiers.
• Created a Java “Search API” web service for use by multiple clients (PHP, Python, and iOS) and integrated with Solr API. Worked with fellow engineers to integrate with larger framework and Security Services.
• Managed a team of 2-5 Software Engineers to stabilize German Auction.com website and backend portal; Converted platform to “white label” solution and launched Spanish Auction.com website and backend portal.
• Managed a team of 5 Software Engineers to work through a backlog of unresolved Trustee & Residential Operations Jira tickets. From July 2011 to May 2014 (2 years 11 months) Senior Software Engineer @ • Hired as a contractor to help the engineering team migrate the e-commerce site from ruby on rails to PHP and Magento. From May 2011 to July 2011 (3 months) Software Design Engineer @ Recruited by Avery Dennison Corporation, a Fortune 500 company with 30,000+ employees, to rapidly increase the number of software prototypes in the development pipeline. Created and maintained a variety of internal tools and consumer facing web applications. Designed and presented a number of software innovations for development consideration.
• Implemented CSS style sheets containing updates by our designers, and recommended necessary HTML changes to our Java programmers on “Design & Print Online”, a web application used daily by 10,000+ customers to design and print Avery templates.
• Created and maintained a variety of internal tools, including a propriety XML schema comparison tool, to improve the overall performance of the software team.
• Represented the Avery software portfolio in several business meetings with Google in Mountain View, CA
• Scoped, designed, and developed “Avery Universal Package Tracker”, an online package tracker web application and corresponding web services, which brought in 100,000+ new customers.
• Led several engineers working on Android and iPhone app versions of “Avery Universal Package Tracker” in all technical matters.
• Designed and presented multiple mobile applications for development consideration by the cross-functional innovation teams.
• Represented the Avery software portfolio in several business meetings with USPS in Washington, D.C. From June 2006 to November 2010 (4 years 6 months) Software Engineer @ Recruited by WYT Solutions, a small software business, to quickly implement a number of requirements holding up the project. Designed and developed a web services framework. Led a small team of programmers to develop web service components. Created a mobile on the go version for Windows CE devices.
• Implemented marketing requirements on our “Riteship” shipping solution.
• Implemented connectivity to UPS web services to allow our shipping solution to generate and print live shipping labels.
• Represented the WYT Solutions software portfolio in several business meetings with The UPS Store in San Diego, CA From January 2005 to June 2006 (1 year 6 months) Software Engineer @ • Implemented a number of requests for GeetReel on their online media and film manipulation web application. From February 2006 to March 2006 (2 months) Software Engineer @ • Built a custom product administration backend for Motorcar Parts of America per specifications created by their product manager. From January 2005 to September 2005 (9 months) Founder @ • Continued development of an orphaned open source “Ragnarok Online” game server emulator.
• Managed a team of 15+ code, script, database, etc. developers over IRC and developer forums.
• Managed a community forum of 5,000+ daily visitors and a forum administration staff. From October 2003 to January 2005 (1 year 4 months) Software Engineer @ From January 2003 to June 2003 (6 months) Software Engineer @ • Created Dualfriction.com for a small business owner and leveraged a custom built e-commerce engine to power the site. From January 2003 to February 2003 (2 months) Founder @ • Founded Octaneboost.net, an e-commerce site specializing in aftermarket performance parts, and designed and developed its underlying e-commerce engine. From July 2002 to January 2003 (7 months) Product Catalog Engineer @ • Designed the process of importing product information from digital catalogs into the product database through the usage of scripts and macros. From January 2000 to July 2002 (2 years 7 months) Cook @ From July 1997 to January 2000 (2 years 7 months)