University of Science and Technology of China
Accomplished product marketing and product management professional with extensive experience in Enterprise, SMB and international markets. Proven ability in leading a team to execute a strategic vision, collaborate with ecosystem partners, drive sales, and increase market share. Strategic thinker with an attention to detail and an ability to deliver compelling business results. Marketing expert with a track
Accomplished product marketing and product management professional with extensive experience in Enterprise, SMB and international markets. Proven ability in leading a team to execute a strategic vision, collaborate with ecosystem partners, drive sales, and increase market share. Strategic thinker with an attention to detail and an ability to deliver compelling business results. Marketing expert with a track record of combining broad marketing experience with a solid technical and operations background to build market awareness and customer demand. Creative marketer experienced in product messaging, positioning, launch and sales enablement.
Contact: email@example.com or (650) 485-3608
Sr. Manager, Product Marketing for Cloud @ From October 2015 to Present (3 months) Sr. Product Marketing Manager for Cloud and Big Data @ From August 2014 to October 2015 (1 year 3 months) Cloud Product Marketing Manager @ From February 2013 to August 2014 (1 year 7 months) Leader, Product Marketing @ Broad responsibility in solutions product management and marketing, covering BYOD, Cloud and SDN. From December 2011 to January 2013 (1 year 2 months) Sr. Product Marketing Manager @ Marketed Cisco’s $6B access switching products and solutions to enterprises, mid-markets and small and medium businesses.
• Orchestrated the Compact Switching introduction and go-to-market strategy. Achieved the planned revenue goal in the first quarter and on track for a 50% revenue increase in FY12.
• Introduced the next generation Catalyst access switches – Catalyst 3k-X and 2k-S -- in a global launch. Accelerated sales through vigorous channel campaigns and sales training.
• Led the successful global launch of Catalyst 6k, 4k, 3k and 2k innovations as one of the four solutions marketing leads.
• Owned the switching network services marketing. Doubled the pipeline of opportunities through multi-dimensional customer awareness and demand generation campaigns.
• Led economy buyer segment marketing focusing on competition, channels, and under-penetrated markets. Utilized SEO and social media to reach out to the SMB and commercial audiences.
• Managed worldwide go-to-market programs focusing on the portfolio of Catalyst switches with extensive outreach to customers and multi-million-dollar pipeline built out.
• Drove effective marketing communications through various internal and external venues including newsletters, product pages, social media and advertisement campaigns.
• Won industry several awards for Cisco including the prestigious Best of Interop awards. From October 2007 to August 2011 (3 years 11 months) Marketing and Business Consultant @ Provided marketing leadership to a consumer business since its inception.
• Successfully launched an education services business. Grew the business by 50% year over year.
• Owned marketing strategy. Balanced traditional marketing with Internet marketing involving social media, SEO and advertising campaigns to increase awareness and drive demand.
• Drove differentiated positioning and value propositions to improve competitiveness.
• Developed repeatable marketing best practices. Improved marketing effectiveness in each cycle. From December 2006 to August 2011 (4 years 9 months) Program Manager @ Responsible for the overall test strategy for Cisco’s Internetwork Operating System (IOS).
• Developed the globalization restructure strategy for the IOS regression test resources worldwide. Ensured a smooth process to globalize a large organization and reduced operational costs by 40%.
• Set the test strategy for major IOS release trains and successfully delivered multiple releases.
• Drove the development of a new resource optimization system. Completely overhauled the existing system and significantly improved operational efficiency. From May 2006 to October 2007 (1 year 6 months) Technical Leader - Solutions Marketing @ Successfully positioned Cisco as a valid Storage Area Networking player in data centers.
• Partnered with EMC to build Business Continuance/Disaster Recovery solutions. Identified and qualified customers as earlier adopters for the new SAN products.
• Drove the integration of Cisco switches into partner’s blade servers to address the untapped market.
• Evangelized Cisco data center solutions to customers and to the industry community. From January 2004 to May 2006 (2 years 5 months) Technology Marketing @ Technology marketing manager responsibility focused on data center and storage technology.
• Translated customer feedback into product requirements to optimize Cisco’s first SAN products.
• Created marketing and sales collateral and tools such as whitepapers, presentations, design guides, and solution briefs to drive sales.
• Engaged with many customers during the presale stage. Optimized the selling process and influenced customer’s purchasing decisions. From October 2001 to January 2004 (2 years 4 months) Technical Marketing Engineer @ Designed and validated the Enterprise Line of Business technical solutions.
• Managed partner relationships with partners such as EMC, Oracle and Microsoft. Collaborated with partners to deliver the architectural solution.
• Delivered large scale architectural blueprints and launched programs with global partners.
• Conceived and delivered effective customer demonstrations. From October 1997 to October 2001 (4 years 1 month) Network Engineer @ Designed, implemented and managed the Bell Atlantic Internetwork. From June 1995 to October 1997 (2 years 5 months)
MS, Engineering @ University of Maryland College ParkBS, Engineering @ University of Science and Technology of China Vivian Clark is skilled in: Product Marketing, Messaging, Product Management, Positioning, Enterprise, SMB, Go-to-market Strategy, Launches, Channel, Sales Enablement, Business Alliances, Program Management, Data Center, SAN, NAS
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension