Chief Financial Officer - India Sub Continent @ GlaxoSmithKline Consumer Healthcare Ltd
Chief Financial Officer @ Telewings India (Telenor Group Company)
National Finance Director @ CFO, Unilever Bangladesh Ltd.
Bachelor of Commerce (B.Com.) @
Meerut University, Meerut, India
Vivek Anand is a finance professional with a degree in Chartered accountancy and intensive experience of 21 years primarily with FMCG industry in India, Singapore and Bangladesh. Though an FMCG person, Vivek has had an opportunity to work in the telecommunications sector (with Telenor, India) hence adding the dynamism of this fast changing and highly competitive industry
Vivek Anand is a finance professional with a degree in Chartered accountancy and intensive experience of 21 years primarily with FMCG industry in India, Singapore and Bangladesh. Though an FMCG person, Vivek has had an opportunity to work in the telecommunications sector (with Telenor, India) hence adding the dynamism of this fast changing and highly competitive industry to his diversified experience across geographies.
As an energetic and matured professional, Vivek is endowed with strong leadership and team building skills along with strengths in business partnering and change management. He possesses a creative and positive business mindset and has an eye for business opportunities. With his result orientation and problem solving skills, he has successfully managed challenging projects and contributed to the organizations he has served thus far.
At the personal level Vivek is highly committed to work life balance and pursues sports and fitness program regularly. He is happily settled with his wife and two kids in Gurgaon.
Vivek has performed various roles across different businesses and geographies as under:
Chief Financial Officer, GlaxoSmithKline Consumer Healthcare Ltd, Gurgaon (June 2015 onwards)
Chief Financial Officer, Telenor India (Uninor),Gurgaon (April 2014 – May 2015)
Chief Financial Officer, Unilever Bangladesh Limited (UBL), Dhaka (Oct, 2010- March 2014)
Regional Finance Director - Process lead for U2K2 Program based in Singapore (the biggest change management program in Unilever covering AACEE-Asia, Africa, Middle East, Turkey & Central Eastern Europe: June, 2007-Sep, 2010)
National Commercial Manager, Sales & Customer Development (CD), Hindustan Unilever Limited, Mumbai (October, 2003-June, 2007)
Commercial Manager Beverages Shared services, Hindustan Unilever Ltd ,Kolkata (January, 2001- September, 2003)
Chief Financial Officer - India Sub Continent @ GSK Consumer Healthcare is a subsidiary of GlaxoSmithKline plc. of U.K, a global science based healthcare company. GSK Consumer Healthcare is the largest player in the health food drinks industry. India Subcontinent is a fast growing market for GSK and is expected to contribute to 30% of global Consumer Healthcare’s revenue growth.
The Finance Director’s job entails delivering the financial strategy, balancing risk and opportunity and leading a world-class finance team.
In particular, the job is aimed at -
• Contributing towards formulating local business strategy, increase operating leverage and financial efficiency, drive sales and EPS growth and improved investment returns
• Ensuring world-class finance partnering through efficient operations in various sub-functions of Finance
• Maintaining financial stewardship and protecting the business through compliance of corporate governance and other regulatory requirements, communicating with analysts and investors.
• Ensure financial delivery (sales and operating profit), both long and short-term
• Facilitate formulating policy decisions and help business achieve its plan objectives
• Create and manage financial processes (monthly reporting, forecasting, decision support, financial control) across Finance teams in ISC and timely circulation of information to corporate.
• Maintain highest standards of corporate governance and meet shareholder interests
• Provide leadership in the implementation of financial systems, processes and control systems in the areas of management accounts, financial accounts, treasury, direct and in direct taxation, capital assets, establishment and insurance.
• Manage the environment of the KOLs by maintaining a good relationship with Banks, Financial Institutions, Foreign Financial Institutions, Investors, Insurance Companies, Tax Authorities, Chambers of Commerce and the leading Corporate leaders in the Industry From June 2015 to Present (7 months) Gurgaon, IndiaChief Financial Officer @ Telenor India (Uninor) is a leading mobile operator in India and is part of the Norway based mobile services provider Telenor Group. Telenor India was founded in 2009 and has since grown to over 35 million customers. As of end 2014, the company employed ~ 15,000 people in India (including partners), and its products and services were available from more than 4 lac retail outlets serviced by 2000 plus distributors all over the country.
Worked with Telewings as Chief Financial Officer and was responsible for leading the finance function and for maintaining high standards of financial hygiene and controls, quarterly and yearly statutory/ local reporting/ governance, management/ group reporting, performance management, audit interface and governance of financial shared services.
As a business partner to the CEO, was responsible for all strategic and tactical matters as they relate to budget management, cost benefit analysis, forecasting needs and the securing of new funding.
Responsible for actively partnering with the CEO and the senior management team on various operational aspects of the business as well as participate on various change management initiatives.
Key priorities for the role include:
- Proactively drive business results in partnership with the CEO
- Further strengthen internal control systems and processes
- Ensure compliance and accurate financial reporting
- Provide necessary leadership in the Finance function
- Manage and maintain internal / external relationships From April 2014 to May 2015 (1 year 2 months) National Finance Director @ Worked with Unilever, Bangladesh as National Finance Director and as a key member of the Unilever Bangladesh Management Committee (MC-Leadership Team) and together with the Chairman and the MC was responsible to drive performance management, guide key decisions/resource allocation choices, formulate strategies and steer their implementation within the business.
Led a team of Finance professionals with responsibility covering the entire gamut of finance activities including:
- Accounting, Reporting and Information management both within the Bangladesh business and to
all relevant Unilever partners in the MCO, Region and Corporate Centre
- Treasury and taxation for the country. Drive the Financial Flexibility agenda for UBL
- Business partnering with Brands, Sales & Supply Chain,
- Financial planning and analysis on all aspects of Company performance,
- Operational controls, Risk management including SoX compliance and Governance.
- Drive implementation of Global IT agenda in business
- Manage and maintain relationships with internal & external stakeholders.
- Active member of the Bangladesh Board. Steering Board meetings and enhancing
shareholders value are the key deliverables.
- Continuously seeking opportunities for business growth through acquisitions. From October 2010 to March 2014 (3 years 6 months) Regional Finance Director - Asia , Africa and Middle East @ Responsible for designing and implementing Finance template for a new supply chain company in Unilever Singapore. The company has become a E1 bln size business in 5 years time.
Responsible for designing, implementing & stabilising common Finance template across 25 key operating countries in Asia, Africa and Middle East region (Business size E 15 bln). From June 2007 to September 2010 (3 years 4 months) SingaporeNational Commercial Manager, Sales & Customer Development (CD) @ Business partnering position reporting to Vice President, Sales & CD and primarily responsible for delivering win with customer agenda. The win with customer agenda involved building new capabilities in front end customer service and Modern Trade Finance and Customer Marketing Finance
Responsible for building a cross functional team of 27 Mgrs in Finance & front end supply chain
Aligning with business partners on targets, providing thought leadership to build new capabilities and developing/ coaching the team From October 2003 to June 2007 (3 years 9 months) Mumbai Area, IndiaCommercial Manager Beverages Shared services @ Setting up of Beverages shared services centre in Kolkata
Responsible for implementing shared services in Tea manufacturing and buying
Providing finance support to tea buying operations of 75 Ml Euro across 5 units in Beverages Business From January 2001 to September 2003 (2 years 9 months) Kolkata Area, India
Chartered Accountant @ Institute of Chartered Accountants of India, Delhi, India From 1990 to 1994 Bachelor of Commerce (B.Com.) @ Meerut University, Meerut, India From 1987 to 1990 Vivek Anand is skilled in: Steering business performance, Risk management and internal controls, Treasury Management, Taxations, Business strategy Formulation, Creative Problem Solving, Interpersonal/leadership skills, Information management and Reporting, External orientation, Business planning and implementation, Change management, Financial shared services, Business Process Improvement, ERP Implementation Project Management, Management
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension