In am current role as sales head for middle east at Beroe (leader in procurement intelligence), I have developed the market from scratch. Prior to sales, I was Engagement Manager at Beroe, where I lead multiple million dollar engagements consisting of 500+ spend categories, 800+ procurement projects, USD 50+ billion spend, multiple supply chain and supplier risk
In am current role as sales head for middle east at Beroe (leader in procurement intelligence), I have developed the market from scratch. Prior to sales, I was Engagement Manager at Beroe, where I lead multiple million dollar engagements consisting of 500+ spend categories, 800+ procurement projects, USD 50+ billion spend, multiple supply chain and supplier risk programs and inflation models on 100+ commodities.
Worked extensively on both ‘Direct and Indirect Spend Pools’ (Price Forecasting, Cost Modelling, Strategic sourcing, Procurement Outsourcing, BCCS, Spend Analysis, Emerging Market Strategy etc.)
Lead Engagements within the Healthcare, Pharmaceuticals, Logistics and FMCG/CPG space
Director - Middle East and Head Inside Sales @ Sales leader focused on growing existing client relationships and developing new business in Asia with focus on Middle East for Beroe's Core Industries and in tire industry globally...
Beroe derives 100% of its revenues from supporting Procurement and our mission is to deliver strategic procurement insights that help you answer questions critical to your business’ future and growth.
We work with 170+ of the Fortune Global 500 firms and with 11 of the top 25 Supply Chains as determined by AMR. We look forward to serving your procurement solutions today and in the future.
Positioned at the forefront of procurement intelligence operations and customized market research, Beroe is unique in its 100% exclusive focus on procurement. From 2012 to Present (3 years) Engagement Manager - Procurement and Supply Chain Consulting @ Account Management and Development
• Manage Pharma clientele at Beroe and foster long term relationships
• Lead Strategic quarterly reviews with mature engagements to discuss project pipeline, health of account etc.
• Devise engagement models based on the type of service(s) availed, maturity of client’s procurement organization
• Develop account expansion strategy by identifying and creating new opportunity areas
• Keep track of Pharma industry dynamics; design supply chain solutions relevant in today’s time
• Deliberate with research teams on report structure & content based on business challenges cited by clients
• Work with clients to finalize statement of work (SOW) - which includes report deliverables and timelines
• Discuss clients on effort/$$ required for every research activity
• Manage multiple (#30-40) research projects simultaneously – coordinate research activities comprising pricing, SOW, report milestones for each project. I act as single point of contact for all project related interactions
• Work with multiple research analysts based in different geographies - India, China, Argentina etc
• Provide regular updates to clients and ensure consistent user experience across all projects From 2010 to 2012 (2 years) Manager - Business Research @ Functional expertise:
1) Research, analysis, and strategy formulation
2) Operations management
3) Client relationship development
4) People management and development
- Outstanding Employee awards, top 5% company-wide throughout
- Headed multi-cultural team of Chinese, Australian, South East Asians, etc. focusing on the logistics and supply chain.
- Career Manager of subordinates – periodically review performance and offer suggestions on development needs, helping the subordinates to set short-term goals in their career path From 2008 to 2010 (2 years) Aditya Birla Group Leadership Program @ Worked in the Director’s Office of the Aditya Birla Textile and Apparel Group (Madura Garments and Jayashree Textiles) on the following.
1. Corporate Strategy
2. Sales & Quality Strategy From 2007 to 2008 (1 year) Visiting Faculty @ 20+ Sessions on Aptitude, Business Awarness and Personality Development From March 2006 to May 2007 (1 year 3 months) Visiting Faculty @ 30+ Sessions on Aptitude and Personality Development From March 2004 to May 2007 (3 years 3 months) Corporate Project @ Project on 'Key Word Advertising and Revenue Stream' From March 2006 to August 2006 (6 months) Summer Intern @ Marketing & Sales of Mutual Funds From May 2006 to July 2006 (3 months) Quant Faculty @ Quant Faculty From 2003 to 2005 (2 years) India
Master of Business Administration (MBA), Marketing @ Narsee Monjee Institute of Management Studies From 2005 to 2007 Bachelor of Science (B.S.), Mathematics and Computer Science @ University of Allahabad From 2001 to 2003 HSC @ St Joseph's College From 1988 to 2001 Vishal Makhija is skilled in: Sales, Engagement Management, Account Management, Project Management, Cross-functional Team Leadership, Microsoft Excel, Supply Chain Management, Procurement, Green, Strategic Sourcing, Consulting, Business Strategy, Corporate Strategy Formulation, Team Management, Marketing Strategy
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension