IT Administration Level 4 (Accelerated Course), Computer Software Engineering, System Administration @
ICT Academy Utrecht
I am quick in understanding new technologies, developed abstract thinking and can swiftly get into the inner-workings of existing systems. I'm a thinker regarding the set-up, development, architecture and implementation of new systems and a lover of "doing things right (tm)" regarding code quality and optimization. In many ways I'm a perfectionist who always tries to achieve
I am quick in understanding new technologies, developed abstract thinking and can swiftly get into the inner-workings of existing systems. I'm a thinker regarding the set-up, development, architecture and implementation of new systems and a lover of "doing things right (tm)" regarding code quality and optimization. In many ways I'm a perfectionist who always tries to achieve the best possible solution for a specific use case. I'm specialized in PHP and Drupal regarding development, but currently venturing into the Java world for mobile-app development.
Through the years I've developed a strong specialism in Unix, having worked with various Unix-based systems and regularly experimenting with them during my free time. I've worked on and built systems (mail services based on Postfix, web services (Apache 1.x/2.x) and IRC services for support purposes) with FreeBSD, NetBSD, Solaris and various distributions of Linux. In my years as a Field Engineer I've also gained some valuable knowledge about Active Directory/Novell Netware and know how to set-up, maintain and implement these directory systems.
My current objective is to further improve my programming knowledge by seeking new challenges in the field using Java and Ruby.
Software Developer @ My passion is to design and implement specialized systems for Content Management on a Drupal basis. Among these are distribution systems for distributing content to client websites by facilitating XMLRPC and REST Webservices. We are working together with partners like Zilveren Kruis Achmea, a large Dutch Health insurance organization. Our focus is on creating revolutionary new systems and mobile apps with the goal of delivering up-to-date information to patients about chronic illnesses.
One of our latest initiatives is 5minuteninfo.nl, an e-health platform which allows patients to get quick and summarized information about their, usually chronic, conditions. This information is further supported by multimedia, like audio and video, based on HTML5 techniques.
Some of the techniques used in our projects include the following.
* PHP5 (OOP) / Drupal 6.x, 7.x, 8.x
* Services/API based on XMLRPC & REST
* HTML5 / CSS3
* Responsive Design techniques
* Subversion / Mercurial / GIT version control systems
* Deployment systems with Phing
* Vagrant / Virtualized servers for testing and deployment
* Basic familiarity with Java and native Android development From October 2009 to Present (6 years 3 months) Amsterdam Area, NetherlandsPHP Developer @ Pluxbox is a company based in the Mediapark, Hilversum. I've worked on various projects for Dutch Radio Broadcasting companies while there, like Radio 1, Radio 2 and 3FM. Contributed to the website foundation of said companies and worked on specialized campaign websites like 3FM Serious Request. Next to this I worked on various internal systems to optimize the company's project management and internal processes. Pluxbox is well-known in the vicinity due to their Radiomanager and Visual Player products, which are used by broadcasting companies to organize and enrich their broadcasting schedule. From June 2008 to October 2009 (1 year 5 months) Internship @ Took internship at September Multimedia for a timespan of five months. During this time I developed modules for the existing Content Management system and performed usability tests to determine the user experience of both visitors and editors. From 2007 to 2007 (less than a year) Amsterdam Area, NetherlandsPHP/Adobe Flash Developer @ In a single project for VVN Veilig Verkeer Nederland (a Dutch organization for encouraging traffic safety) I was lead developer for a PHP/Flash campaign website, sorrygebaar.nl.
The goal of the campaign was to introduce and encourage the use of a "sorry-gesture" in traffic, used as a means of excusing oneself when one makes a mistake involving other road users in traffic. The ultimate desired result of this campaign was to lessen aggressive behavior among road users, which was rampant according to VVN. The website accompanying the campaign was written from scratch and featured a video-playing and uploading system (written in Adobe Flash) by which participants of the campaign could upload their own unique situation for using the "sorry-gesture". The most original contributions were consequently awarded a prize.
The campaign made headlines on national television (RTL4, NOS) and received exposure in various newspapers and advertisements. From 2006 to 2006 (less than a year) Field Engineer @ Started my career at this company as a Field Engineer. I've made the company's website from scratch in PHP/MySQL and maintained relations with various clients, like Cewe Color (a company responsible for developing photographs) in Nunspeet, of which we administered the internal network and systems. Here, I mainly got in touch with Novell Netware 4.x, Active Directory and various Unix systems, like SUN Solaris. From 2001 to 2005 (4 years)
Bachelor's Degree, Communication and Media Design @ University of Applied Sciences UtrechtIT Administration Level 4 (Accelerated Course), Computer Software Engineering, System Administration @ ICT Academy UtrechtHigh School @ Oosterlicht College Vincent Laurens Van Den Berg is skilled in: HTML 5, PHP, Drupal, CMS, CSS, jQuery, Android, Mercurial, Linux, Dovecot, Postfix, Amavis, FreeBSD, NetBSD, Solaris
Looking for a different
Vincent Laurens Van Den Berg?
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension