Graduate Engineer Trainee @ Honeywell Automation India Limited
Senior Software Engineer @ Cisco Systems
Software Engineer @ Cisco Systems
Bachelor's Degree @
University of Pune
Software Engineer @ • On-Demand Encapsulation (ODE): ODE is a component in the Cisco’s adaptive bitrate streaming solution for video-on-demand and live streaming. It converts video content from a common DASH based ABR storage format to Adobe Dynamic Streaming format (HDS), Microsoft Smooth Streaming format (HSS) and Apple Adaptive Streaming format (HLS) on demand. It helps in
Software Engineer @ • On-Demand Encapsulation (ODE): ODE is a component in the Cisco’s adaptive bitrate streaming solution for video-on-demand and live streaming. It converts video content from a common DASH based ABR storage format to Adobe Dynamic Streaming format (HDS), Microsoft Smooth Streaming format (HSS) and Apple Adaptive Streaming format (HLS) on demand. It helps in reducing storage requirements for videos.
- Wrote python based tools to generate vod and live stress traffic for HDS, HLS and HSS ABR format
- Worked on content Encryption and key acquisition for both VOD and live.
- Worked on Esam in HLS for indicating advertisement placement opportunities.
- Working on Componentizing ODE for placement in cloud.
• Content Adaptation Engine (CAE): CAE is built upon content delivery network (CDN). It transcodes popular videos to a lower resolution and profile better suited for hand held devices like iPhone and iPad.
- Worked on various bugs and enhancements, like any-size uploads, towards the first deliverable of CAE
- Changed the architecture of a component responsible for pulling content from video hosting websites to better support multiple concurrent downloads.
Technologies used: C, C++, NodeJs, Python, Linux, H.264, AAC, MPEG-TS, MP4, DASH, AES Encryption, libcurl, libevent, TCP, HLS, HDS, HSS From January 2012 to Present (4 years) San Francisco Bay AreaSoftware Engineer @ -Wide Area Application Services (WAAS): Implemented on Cisco’s Integrated Services Router. Implemented control plane of WAAS including CLI, SSL and HTTP Application Optimizer.
- Service Insertion Architecture (SIA): SIA instantiates abstract paths between various services providing internet devices. It uses this service stitching to ease the insertion of services in the internet traffic path using GRE tunnels. It got adopted in the Cisco’s CCN cloud solution and was implemented on various Cisco’s routers and switches.
Technologies used: Cisco IOS, C language, TCP, Stateful switchover, High Availability, SSL, GRE, HTTP, Tcl From June 2007 to December 2011 (4 years 7 months) San Francisco Bay AreaEngineering Intern @ Developed performance monitoring tool for functions in some BREW interfaces using C language From May 2006 to August 2006 (4 months) Graduate Engineer Trainee @ Developed and customized software modules for a web project using ASP.NET, C# and SQL Server From July 2004 to April 2005 (10 months) Pune Area, India
Master's Degree, Computer Science, 4.0/4.0 @ USC From 2005 to 2007 Bachelor's Degree, Computer Engineering @ University of Pune From 2000 to 2004 Vikram Gill is skilled in: TCP/IP, Embedded Systems, C, Linux, XML, Wireless Sensor Networks, Algorithms, Data Structures, Software Engineering, Security, Software Development
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension